OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Some updates and changes....

No longer have the HPP top mount Twin Turbo kit, I wanted to try something different.

I contacted Travis at Boost Works and we came up with a plan to sell my HPP setup and go with the Boost Works Twin Turbo kit with 62mm comp turbos. I wanted to try out the new Holley intake, devils own dual nozzle water/meth kit, and add a roll bar and harness so I can do the Texas mile and maybe not get kicked off 1/4 mile tracks.

New bigger Boost Works Inter-cooler.

Installing the holley intake.

Got the 2.25 Gallon Race Cell installed for the Devils Own Water Meth.

Roll bar, harness, and rear seat delete.

Everything installed and dyno time!

Swapped over the wheels and tires for the Texas Mile setup and went racing...

The only interior video shot of my car at the mile...
[ame]

OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
On May 9th, I finally had a chance to go to baytown to try and see what the car would do down the 1/4 mile. I went knowing my 2 year old drag radials have seen better days, but wanted to see if I could still get a 9 second pass with 100% stock suspension full weight. Nothing changed from the texas mile except wheels and tires.

After playing with tire pressure some and burnout technique, I managed a 9.903 at 147.21! I couldn't go full throttle at all in 1st and 2nd gear, third gear I went full throttle and short shifted at 6000rpm. I slightly stalled up just to put some load on the suspension, but no where near anything for a good launch. I also have a few more PSI in power left in the car.

[ame]

Friday, May 12th I called Kelly at BMR and went over my goals with the car. Ordered up some suspension goodies.
BK055 - lower control arm bearing kit
UTCA064 - Camber link, fixed, Derlin/Bearing, billet aluminum
TR005 - Adjustable toe rods
TCA045 - Vertical Link, Spherical
BK048 - Rear Cradle Bushing Kit Delrin
M5a460M - Ford Performance knuckle to toe link bearing assembly
VIK-b358AM - Double Adjustable Crusader shocks

I also sourced some some factory Performance Pack springs(I want to stay stock height for sleeper effect), removing front and rear sway bars, and Kelly gave me some alignment specs. I want to go out again on these old drag radials to see how much the suspension setup helped. Then I will have to decide if I want to buy a new set of hoosier drag radials, or go with the new mickey Thompsons. The hoosiers are 25.9" tall and the Mickey Thompsons are 26.9" tall.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
On May 9th, I finally had a chance to go to baytown to try and see what the car would do down the 1/4 mile. I went knowing my 2 year old drag radials have seen better days, but wanted to see if I could still get a 9 second pass with 100% stock suspension full weight. Nothing changed from the texas mile except wheels and tires.

After playing with tire pressure some and burnout technique, I managed a 9.903 at 147.21! I couldn't go full throttle at all in 1st and 2nd gear, third gear I went full throttle and short shifted at 6000rpm. I slightly stalled up just to put some load on the suspension, but no where near anything for a good launch. I also have a few more PSI in power left in the car.

Friday, May 12th I called Kelly at BMR and went over my goals with the car. Ordered up some suspension goodies.
BK055 - lower control arm bearing kit
UTCA064 - Camber link, fixed, Derlin/Bearing, billet aluminum
TR005 - Adjustable toe rods
TCA045 - Vertical Link, Spherical
BK048 - Rear Cradle Bushing Kit Delrin
M5a460M - Ford Performance knuckle to toe link bearing assembly
VIK-b358AM - Double Adjustable Crusader shocks

I also sourced some some factory Performance Pack springs(I want to stay stock height for sleeper effect), removing front and rear sway bars, and Kelly gave me some alignment specs. I want to go out again on these old drag radials to see how much the suspension setup helped. Then I will have to decide if I want to buy a new set of hoosier drag radials, or go with the new mickey Thompsons. The hoosiers are 25.9" tall and the Mickey Thompsons are 26.9" tall.
i got some racestars you can buy. $1000 come get em.

OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Got the BMR goodies in.

Installed..

New wheels on

Sponsored

Phoenix