Sponsored

58+% Power gain on just 8psi of ProCharger Supercharger Boost....

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10 300A Base
If using Procharger tune on an otherwise stock mustang, does Procharger provide any type of guarantee for failures?
Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
No. The Procharger parts are covered by Procharger's warranty but the rest of your powertrain warranty is pretty much gone. That being said different dealers deal with aftermarket parts differently and might warranty some of the powertrain if they don't feel the extra stress of the Procharger broke the part. I broke the stock dual mass flywheel within weeks of getting the Procharger installed and didn't even try to bother getting it warrantied as I figured it would just break again if I staid with stock parts. I went ahead and had the flywheel and clutch upgraded to aftermarket by a shop that works on a lot of boosted Mustangs.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
No. The Procharger parts are covered by Procharger's warranty but the rest of your powertrain warranty is pretty much gone. That being said different dealers deal with aftermarket parts differently and might warranty some of the powertrain if they don't feel the extra stress of the Procharger broke the part. I broke the stock dual mass flywheel within weeks of getting the Procharger installed and didn't even try to bother getting it warrantied as I figured it would just break again if I staid with stock parts. I went ahead and had the flywheel and clutch upgraded to aftermarket by a shop that works on a lot of boosted Mustangs.

Nice, so the only thing you had to upgrade was the clutch and flywheel? What about the engine itself, did you have to get stronger piston heads for example, or is stock able to handle 8psi?

Last edited:

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Yes the clutch and flywheel were the only things I upgraded almost right away. Some are breaking the stock flywheel with little to no mods, which shows how weak it is. On an automatic, the Procharger has shown to be truly bolt on and go.
As far as the engine, the stock block and crank are the same as the 3.5 Ecoboost so they are very strong. The pistons are the weak link as they aren't designed for boost, but handle the 8 PSI fine as long as there is very little detonation. I monitor knock via the included SCT tuner and even with the stock Procharger tune, which is designed for 91 octane gas, I sometimes see a little knock under boost even though I always use 93 octane. I throw in some Torco in the tank if I notice knock and it takes care of it.

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
i had my procharger on my v6 for 10k miles, never had an issue did about 7 dyno runs with it and everything held up great. Stock clutch too

Sponsored

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
I'm thinking of upgrading my pulley for more boost and building the motor you guys have any suggestions

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I'm thinking of upgrading my pulley for more boost and building the motor you guys have any suggestions
Yep, go E85 and religiously watch knock

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Anyone have a procharged auto? I read the thread and it seems that so long as you don't do anything too crazy the stock internals hold ok. I know the manuals seem to have a problem with their flywheels. What kind of problems have you guys with autos have?

I've been debating between procharger and the ecoboost kit. Both seem pretty good for a dd.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Anyone have a procharged auto? I read the thread and it seems that so long as you don't do anything too crazy the stock internals hold ok. I know the manuals seem to have a problem with their flywheels. What kind of problems have you guys with autos have?

I've been debating between procharger and the ecoboost kit. Both seem pretty good for a dd.
The 6R80 is stronger than the MT82. Check out the numbers Coyote guys are making with it in the transmission & drivetrain section. Blown V6 power levels should be fine on either transmission.

Sponsored

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
I have a procharger auto and it's been holding up great. And I've made some highway pulls racing against cars I have no business racing against lmao in Houston. I have also driven long distances 10 hr plus drives and it's been holding up great with the safe tune from procharger.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
:eyebulge: not very motivating lol but i guess I'll be getting it tuned for that along with the supporting mods I might need lol for science you know

Yep, go E85 and religiously watch knock

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
[MENTION=15182]jburgess1379[/MENTION]
I'm excited to hear your results man! Would love to see a dyno graph too if your able too!