Sponsored

Mustang GT4.R vs Camaro (ZL1 1LE)GT4.R

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Hi John,

The 6th Gen Camaro was never designed for Motorsport at all. Even the approved GT4 Camaro took extreme measures to perform, even against older cars.

One area thePill specifically talked about was airflow. The Camaro's fascia design limits airflow into the heat exchanger/radiator in critical amounts. You should instantly notice Blackdogs Camaro GT4's grill area... and the missing bumper support that impedes airflow to the radiator. Engine/Oil temperatures are a very big problem with the 6th Gen when it's flogged... The ZL1's front fascia is a computer design that was optimized for airflow and was a result of early testing.

Even with 11 coolers, a bumper cover delete (MY2019) and an AC delete, the front just doesn't pull air in :(

Obviously it's a compound issue, they need more heat extraction on the hood as well.
Quite the opposite.

BUT!!!

Bet you can't prove ANYTHING you claim about the supposed illnesses of the 6GC.

AGAIN...

Like almost everything you claim, those who actually know, can pick out the contradiction and ill-education on engineering and race craft in what you say.

:headbonk::confused::(:dnftt:
Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
It's hard when the Mustang got slammed with 40lbs of weight and a TINY restrictor, on top of the 100lbs they got after Daytona. :frusty:
IMSA bop really sucks when they change it after every race.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
COTA

Well, it's beaten Aston Martin Vantages, Porsche Cayman GT4s and McLaren GT4s on the race track, and hopefully it will take care of the Camaro GT4 this weekend at COTA!
I saw the event and was not impressed by the 5th place finish. Camaro looked good in 1st. Waiting on next race to see if they get a revision to their race weight.

Sponsored

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I saw the event and was not impressed by the 5th place finish. Camaro looked good in 1st. Waiting on next race to see if they get a revision to their race weight.
IMSA haven't posted the BoP changes for the next race yet. The next races (PWC and CTSC) will be the first outings with the full blown GT4 specs. after returning from a visit to the SRO. It will be interesting to see where it falls in.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
It took 2nd place in the first race at CTMP round of PWC and then got left on the grid for race 2. I never heard what the issue was with the car in the second race, but when it was running it beat the Camaro.

Last edited:

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Black dog racing the Camaro GT4 has a near 40 point lead in the PWC GTS class. Didn't see any Mustang GT4 in the class, what team is it under?
I couldn't find the points standings but in individual races, not including the win by the Boss 302 in the first race at St. Pete:
1st - GTS-X Pro/Am Rnd. 3 #40 Pesek/Francis Jr.
2nd - GTS Rnd. 5 #40 Ernie Francis Jr.
1st GTS-X Am/Am #077 Hall/Brynjolfsson
3rd GTS A Rnd. 7 #077 Chris Hall
1st GTS A Rnd. 8 #077 Chris Hall

PWC has the most confusing class and race structure. I know that there are only 2 Mustang GT4 chassis active right now, and one was loaned out the Chris Hall's team last race for an evaluation, looks like it did pretty well. As far as I can tell, only one chassis has been raced at each of the few weekends they have participated in. I'm assuming the other has been with the CTSC group, testing or with the SRO finishing homologation. Hopefully after they get their GT4 cert. more cars will get out in the mix.

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
I couldn't find the points standings but in individual races, not including the win by the Boss 302 in the first race at St. Pete:
1st - GTS-X Pro/Am Rnd. 3 #40 Pesek/Francis Jr.
2nd - GTS Rnd. 5 #40 Ernie Francis Jr.
1st GTS-X Am/Am #077 Hall/Brynjolfsson
3rd GTS A Rnd. 7 #077 Chris Hall
1st GTS A Rnd. 8 #077 Chris Hall

PWC has the most confusing class and race structure. I know that there are only 2 Mustang GT4 chassis active right now, and one was loaned out the Chris Hall's team last race for an evaluation, looks like it did pretty well. As far as I can tell, only one chassis has been raced at each of the few weekends they have participated in. I'm assuming the other has been with the CTSC group, testing or with the SRO finishing homologation. Hopefully after they get their GT4 cert. more cars will get out in the mix.
http://world-challenge.com/points-standings/sprint-gt-drivers/?tab=GTS

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Just noticed that the GT4/GS Mustang gets to lose 10kg, to 1530kg, which still makes it the heaviest car in the class. The McLaren is second heaviest some 5kg lighter than the Mustang. Although in higher altitude races the McLaren weighs in at 1555kg due to its twin turbo power. The Camaro is 3rd heaviest at 1495kg.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG WINS GS/GT4 at Watkins Glen! Very exciting race, with rain, a red flag and a pass for the lead on the last lap. Mustang qualified 2nd next to a McLaren.

ctscwinners.jpg

Last edited:

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Two Mustangs at Mosport IMSA GS this weekend!

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I'll see if it's televised on FS1 and watch it as this mustang vs McLaren vs Camaro may get heated,lol,heated. CTSC or PWC?
Sponsored