Sponsored

Gt 5.0 vs 2017 Camaro 1LE

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
2018 GTPP is coming with a different tire compound but same 275 rears and 255 fronts if i remember right. The car will still have a disadvantage and i am 100% sure knowing that alone Ford didn't aim to beat the six gen camaro 1le!
Ford just wants to win in sales/profits, not necessarily performance.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Hey Norm,

The other main reason must be Ford doesn't want the current gen mustang gt to perform better than the any of the gt350's. Even power pack 2 shouldn't cut it. I don't see a six gen gtpp besting a 1le and a gt350 tp. Seventh gen on the otherhand, it better be!
They don't have to 'best' either of those cars, just crowd them a bit more than they did. At least make it look like they put a little effort into upping the 'performance' part of PP. The GT350 is going to retain its exclusivity on the strength of its FPC Voodoo, regardless.

Norm

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Hey Norm,

The other main reason must be Ford doesn't want the current gen mustang gt to perform better than the any of the gt350's. Even power pack 2 shouldn't cut it. I don't see a six gen gtpp besting a 1le and a gt350 tp. Seventh gen on the otherhand, it better be!
Why not? The current generation Mustang beats all kinds of special edition, Shelby GTXXX, Boss302 etc. of the past. It is reasonable that future standard mustang GTs will beat the GT350.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Why not? The current generation Mustang beats all kinds of special edition, Shelby GTXXX, Boss302 etc. of the past. It is reasonable that future standard mustang GTs will beat the GT350.
Because we're still in the S550v2 Generation.

The current GTPP will in some situations outperform a Boss 302, but there was a generation gap there.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Eventually it would happen. Bound to.

But perhaps best in the long run would be to avoid upstaging the GT350 too badly, too soon, for too much lighter of a price tag.

Norm
Sponsored