Sponsored

Anybody gone from Roush axle back to Borla?

RR67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Ruby Red Mustang, 3.55 auto
I currently have the Roush kit and while I like the raspyness, there is a noticeable hum in the 1500-2000 RPM range (auto trans). It's not drone because I don't feel it in the pedals or the steering wheel, but I personally don't like the sound. It seems certain outside temps are worse for it then others.

I have seen the various threads about J piping, but I am concerned about running hot tubes to other areas under the car. So I am considering the Borla Stinger or ATAK axle backs, but I can't decide. I like the deeper sound of the Stingers, but I am concerned they won't be as loud as the Roush I currently have. Any Borla owners care to comment on the sound or satisfaction with them? It's hard to tell from the various YT videos and they aren't all stock like my setup.

On a positive note, it looks like the Borla's should still fit on my car. I think it actually takes more off the stock exhaust than the Roush. I will just need to have something rigged up if I wanted to go back to the Roush for some reason.
Sponsored

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
Why don't you get an S-type or an ATAK catback? It'll be comparable in volume to the Roush AB's (the S-Types, at least).

The catback will allow you to swap between itself and the Roush AB + stock midpipe if need be.

Borla exhausts do a great job of managing the exhaust noise you hear inside the cabin. And this is coming from a Roush + H-Pipe fanboy :headbang:

OP
OP

RR67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Ruby Red Mustang, 3.55 auto
Why don't you get an S-type or an ATAK catback? It'll be comparable in volume to the Roush AB's (the S-Types, at least).

The catback will allow you to swap between itself and the Roush AB + stock midpipe if need be.

Borla exhausts do a great job of managing the exhaust noise you hear inside the cabin. And this is coming from a Roush + H-Pipe fanboy :headbang:
Partially due to the cost difference and also because I have seen complaints about losing the signature S550 sound when you replace the mid pipe. I really like the deeper sound and I don't want to lose that.

I briefly considered an H pipe for my current setup, but I was afraid it would only amplify the annoying RPM's. I am sure it would sound epic on cold starts and revs, but this is my DD so I need something I can tolerate :D

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
Partially due to the cost difference and also because I have seen complaints about losing the signature S550 sound when you replace the mid pipe. I really like the deeper sound and I don't want to lose that.

I briefly considered an H pipe for my current setup, but I was afraid it would only amplify the annoying RPM's. I am sure it would sound epic on cold starts and revs, but this is my DD so I need something I can tolerate :D
Understandable.

I wish there was a proper, professional recording of the Roush AB's with H-pipe available that makes it sound the same in person as it does in videos.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Understandable.

I wish there was a proper, professional recording of the Roush AB's with H-pipe available that makes it sound the same in person as it does in videos.
I got fm outlaws and have a custom hpipe....sound great from the outside but the cabin drone and vibration makes it feel like the interior will fall apart and your ears are going to break:lol:
Sponsored