Sponsored

Scratches on Black Trunk Piece

Rarebirdd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Ecoboost
I have a few small scuffs on the black plastic part of my trunk lid. Does anyone know what color this exactly is or have a paint pen suggestion?
Thanks!
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
If it's the piece between the tail lights, you're better off just finding one for sale on the forum. People sell them for less than $50, and you're never going to match the color, because it's molded plastic with some form of gel coat.

JR

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Try polishing it?
I wish Mustangs had a handle on the lid because I hate touching the black truck lid when it's dusty.
Good thing is I have that Califronia Special fake gas cap so I just grab that.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Try polishing it?
I wish Mustangs had a handle on the lid because I hate touching the black truck lid when it's dusty.
Good thing is I have that Califronia Special fake gas cap so I just grab that.
I've been using the SpaceCitySpy strap that attaches to the trunk lid for about a year. It works fine, and no fingerprints. You do have to have a 'technique', though as too much muscle, and it'll pop back open, too little, and it won't close. Once I put my GT350 Track Pack Spoiler on, the additional weight helped it close much more easily.

JR

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Remove one of the trunk struts; one is enough to hold it up and when closing, I just grap the black latch in the middle a tiny bit and the trunk will fall down and latch...I never have to touch any outside parts to close it. Simple to remove...just pry the retaining clip a little and the strut will come right off.
Sponsored