Is this my life now?

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
There's a big truck out my road that says hoonigan on the back. I saw it was a custom accessories thing.
Sponsored

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Today some little kids stuck their heads out of their parents backseat window to hear my exhaust and give me a thumbs up. Is this my life now? I can't take it anymore.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Had a new BMW 650 doing some little pulls next to me and then was weaving traffic like an idiot. Tried to have fun side by side but tires are bald and it was pretty cold out so in 1st and 2nd I just couldn't move whatsoever. Was pretty annoying because I think he thought his cars way faster or something :rolleyes: an even better one was at a light I spun in 1st and 2nd trying to get a little jump to merge and this automatic accord randomly completely floored it next to me because I guess he thought we were racing?? As if I would bother racing that car. Anyway, later down the road he rolls the window and says "you let a Honda beat you??" And I laughed and said yea right summer tires are frozen but follow me we'll go on the highway. Obviously he didn't want any of that and was saying "I'm just messing around"... fun stuff.
When I meet other mustangs, we normally ride together, depending on the situation (hwy mostly -- and always if another vert with the top down).

Yup... BMW and Mercs here are always driving like they are crazy. Camaro's of course must be the jackass... dodges as well.

Landrovers... I know someone has a story about those... trucks and suvs in general. I had a suv attempt to drive like a sports car the other day in rush hour traffic (really silly driving to get no place).

Other than that, oddly enough, it's only been Camrys or Corollas of course- ya know, commute racers, who see my car and think they need to show me their car is fast and try to pass me up even when I'm going 5-10 mph over. I just laugh most of the time because they'll be struggling going 15-20 over just to try and pass me up for literally no reason. They hear my exhaust and wanna feel like racecar drivers I guess- who knows.
In DC at least, it is always old people driving those and driving like a maniac. I've seen a couple take off at the light like crazy and they all had old people behind the wheel... I don't think they were paying me or anything else any mind.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Here in dfw its mostly guys that drive trucks. Who the hell drives by them self in a 4 door pickup and weaves through lanes like some NASCAR wannabe.
Point is you will always have idiot drivers.
Truth. I see it every day when I'm on a certain stretch of interstate hwy in the country. They fly by everyone doing 80-90. I saw a pickup driver almost take out a car last week by weaving and in and out. A lot of these guys drive lifted trucks too (high center, easy rollover). I can keep up with them in my Honda if I like, so there's no need to prove anything with my Mustang.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Its funny to see these lifted 9000lb diesel trucks hauling the inflated egos of their drivers down the road. They like running up on our cars thinking they got something! By the time they get rolling I'm already home having a sandwich! You wanna go fast you dont buy a truck! The Rock had a saying "know your role", i mean I'm not trying to haul a boat with my stang!

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hack this has nothing to do with your post but I see you drive a 350...on my way home yesterday after work there was a Magnetic 350 at the light w/Black stripes - so naturally I start to salivate lol. That thing was sweet! Light turns green and he literally drives off into the sunset...I'm in my daughter's Fiesta so naturally we (me & the car) can NOT keep up but I just wanted to give the driver the thumbs up - thing sounded goood! :ford:

Still thinking about trading for one if I play my financial cards right :clap2:
It's a fun car. I probably spend too much time driving it like a jackass, though. ;)

Oh, and I also rev it sometimes just to hear the exhaust. Sorry. :) I'm one of those weirdos that like the sound of most V8 engines.

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
Checking in again to confirm I've had atleast 15-20 lifted trucks and/or trucks with oversized mud tires try and race me since I posted last time (typically getting beside me and accelerating quickly and slowing down over and over). Oh and another guy in a company contractor truck (which is more someone trying to see my car take off vs the people in their own trucks who seem confused about the capabilities of their vehicles). Also one group of kids in an 02/03 WRX who I laughed at (I didn't mean to it just happened, I used to have a 03 WRX).

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Checking in again to confirm I've had atleast 15-20 lifted trucks and/or trucks with oversized mud tires try and race me since I posted last time (typically getting beside me and accelerating quickly and slowing down over and over). Oh and another guy in a company contractor truck (which is more someone trying to see my car take off vs the people in their own trucks who seem confused about the capabilities of their vehicles). Also one group of kids in an 02/03 WRX who I laughed at (I didn't mean to it just happened, I used to have a 03 WRX).
I live in a just as truck happy state as you and I don't get that much attention. Maybe it's the times I'm on the road or something. Maybe I need to go in congested areas at night..lol

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Its funny to see these lifted 9000lb diesel trucks hauling the inflated egos of their drivers down the road. They like running up on our cars thinking they got something! By the time they get rolling I'm already home having a sandwich! You wanna go fast you dont buy a truck! The Rock had a saying "know your role", i mean I'm not trying to haul a boat with my stang!
My last truck went low 12s. Crew Cab dually diesel...... I surprised many sports cars and muscle cars in it.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
As they say... it's not a car it's a lifestyle ...

If you're not a fan of attention I'd advise against a upgrading to a GT350, due to the market realities it is more of an attention seeker. Wait till you're just trying to get home after a long day and seeing a '15-'16 not leave you alone...

It's a cycle with these cars ...
Sponsored