Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Still looks like it lost aggression up front. That yellow car looks less imposing on the road than the 15-17 from every angle except the side.
Totally agree.

However I was starting to accept that the MY18 was almost as attractive as the MY15-17....until seeing this photo in particular:

Spotted this yellow PP recently.*
The horror of those original leaked washed-out Orange Fury images came flooding back! It doesn't help that the yellow looks washed-out too.

Also with the grille and pillars now being gloss black the detail surprisingly does not show up in most photos. Maybe it is better in person?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
But since it's not in anyone's hands yet. I can bash the living sh!t out of it......right?

Just kidding I actually like the refresh.:D
When the 2005 Mustang came out I didn't really like the front end styling and when I first saw the 2015 Mustang it was the front end styling I wasn't sure of but the more pictures I saw and when I finally saw it in person I loved it. When I first saw the MY18 Mustang front end I didn't like it ether I probably like everyone else was expecting a more radical change than the modest evolution we got. But now after seeing more pictures and video's I like it. Will I trade my 15 vert for the MY18 no but if I could add it to my fleet I would. I would love to have a Mustang as my daily driver. :thumbsup:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I disagree. To me, the 2018's front end is significantly more aggressive- and less bulky-looking than the car it replaces. Of course, that's just my opinion.
Not just yours ;)

I, too, think the '18 is more aggressive. I love the front of the '15-'17, too, but the '18 just looks meaner to me. For me, I think the headlamps have much to do with it.....those are probably my favourite aspect of the refresh.

Sponsored

ccredbaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium w/PP
When you really get down to it, there really isn't that much of an exterior change between the new refresh and 15-17 MY. Most casual viewers won't even know the difference. That being said, (shameless post), if anyone is looking for a "like new" 2017 mustang GT PP - Race Red, check out the classifieds of my "garage queen" - 2,200 miles - $31,700), completely factory stock. I'm 72 and just don't have the passion for driving it anymore.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

If this is indeed Kona Blue then I'm all over it. Obviously in 5.0 form.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Spotted this yellow PP recently.*

Pictures like this seem to be more useful than any officially released photos.

While the front end is a little busier than I prefer, I don't see that making it to "deal-breaker" status if I was actively car-shopping today. Anybody I'd be catching on the street or on track - might be their problem if they check their mirrors.

Norm

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Pictures like this seem to be more useful than any officially released photos.

While the front end is a little busier than I prefer, I don't see that making it to "deal-breaker" status if I was actively car-shopping today. Anybody I'd be catching on the street or on track - might be their problem if they check their mirrors.

Norm
I think that looks great! Don't like yellow on any car but certainly looks aggressive and flows from front to back. :headbang:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Looks really nice out on the road in natural light for sure. :)

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
When you really get down to it, there really isn't that much of an exterior change between the new refresh and 15-17 MY. Most casual viewers won't even know the difference. That being said, (shameless post), if anyone is looking for a "like new" 2017 mustang GT PP - Race Red, check out the classifieds of my "garage queen" - 2,200 miles - $31,700), completely factory stock. I'm 72 and just don't have the passion for driving it anymore.
People are extremely dramatic to say the least but it has always been that way.

Back in 2015 there were floods of threads and posts with people expecting the 2016 Mustang to get a complete redesign, new engines with more power, new interior, new packages, cheaper price and such after just one year.

In 2016 there were floods of threads and posts about how the 2017 was supposed to get a complete redesign, new engines with more power, new interior, new packages, cheaper price and such.

There are a ton of non 6th gen owners on here that have complained non stop about how they hate how the 15-17 cars look, hate the 5.0 etc. but the "redesign" doesn't really change a whole lot in that regard minus the changes in the front. I can't even tell the difference at first glance and I look at these things all day.

Also don't lose your passion :headbang:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
There are a ton of non 6th gen owners on here that have complained non stop about how they hate how the 15-17 cars look, hate the 5.0 etc. but the "redesign" doesn't really change a whole lot in that regard minus the changes in the front. I can't even tell the difference at first glance and I look at these things all day.

Also don't lose your passion :headbang:
As a non-6th gen owner, I haven't really complained. Nothing about the styling even gets close to that level.

As to not losing the passion . . . I doubt you'd ever guess who I heard that from last.

Norm

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Not just yours ;)

I, too, think the '18 is more aggressive. I love the front of the '15-'17, too, but the '18 just looks meaner to me. For me, I think the headlamps have much to do with it.....those are probably my favourite aspect of the refresh.
And I'm the opposite. The headlamps are my least fav part of the refresh. Everyone's got their own tastes :)

The front is needlessly busy with the "Darth Vader" mouth. :tsk:. It certainly looks less bulky but I think that's part of what I feel tones down the aggressiveness, along with the droopy eyes :p

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The front will likely grow on me.......but that pedestal wing is hideous and completely ruins the profile of the car....in my singular opinion.

I'm quite sure Ford brought-out the wing due to customer feedback but every time I see it, it just stands out as a JC Whitney add-on.......beauty is most definitely in the eye of the beerholder on that one.

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
The front will likely grow on me.......but that pedestal wing is hideous and completely ruins the profile of the car....in my singular opinion.

I'm quite sure Ford brought-out the wing due to customer feedback but every time I see it, it just stands out as a JC Whitney add-on.......beauty is most definitely in the eye of the beerholder on that one.
I'm with you on this one. Spoiler delete option for me!
Sponsored