Sponsored

Ford Racing Sport Catback Exhaust Review! (Videos)

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Just had the Ford Racing Sport Catback installed on my 2015 GT a few days ago, and I LOVE IT! I purchased it from American Muscle and as always, everything went smoothly for me. :ford: My mechanic had the exhaust bolted on in under an hour with a lift.

Sound/Tone: 10/10

In my honest opinion, I think this is one of the best sounding exhausts out there to date. It has a perfect amount of rasp and pops/cracks every now and then which sounds amazing! This exhaust has turned some heads. :headbang: I'm more of a fan of the higher pitched sounding exhausts like this one; just personal preference.

Loudness: 8/10

For those of you who want to be heard, but not be obnoxious, this exhaust is perfect. It sounds great cruising around town and it becomes loud once you step on it. I gave it an 8/10 because I just wish it was a little bit louder. Once again, personal opinion and preference.

Fit/Finish: 10/10

The exhaust bolted on perfectly and the chrome tips look bad ass! They create a nice contrast since my car is black. I believe you can also purchase this exhaust with black tips.

VIDEOS

** Make sure you play the vids in HD **

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
now go and retake the videos with the correct orientation....

j/k

i have to agree with your review, especially the loudness part. its not loud enough for me anymore

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
now go and retake the videos with the correct orientation....
This is one of my biggest pet peeves with phone videos... I wish the manufacturers would just always use 16:9 :D

i have to agree with your review, especially the loudness part. its not loud enough for me anymore
Want loud? Add LTs :)

Good vids, I think the 2nd and 3rd are a little deeper than they are in person, but a good representation nonetheless.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It does sound awesome. :thumbsup: What's the system cost? Is this ordered through Ford?

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Hey Joe - Thanks for taking the time to post up a couple videos, your car sounds vicious!!! Cold start is definitely pretty menacing! Make sure to check out our 2015 New Parts page as it's being updated on a daily basis!

let me know if there's anything else I can help out with and enjoy!

Alex

Sponsored

Ayatollah Humungous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
I had a set of GT500 axle backs on my 13 GT and liked the loudness of that. Is the touring or sport closer in overall volume to the GT500 exhaust on the s197?

cowzrul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '20 F-Pace SVR, '19 F250
Has anybody noticed drone with the sport FRPP?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
no drone.

StangBANG

Patience; long suffering.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
15 Magnetic GT. Performance Pack Premium Redline
I have the same set up. Love it. I agree with your Review. after letting a few friends drive it, it sounds much louder on the outside and it also sounds much deeper in person compared to the videos

sdstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium race red
how would these compare to the ford racing side exhaust sound-wise? or would the side exhaust likely be closer to the touring cat back from ford racing?

Sponsored

spoole96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
First 2 videos are FR by Borla Sport only. No drone at all. The last 2 videos are FR by Borla Sport with Kooks LT headers and high flow cats. It may have picked up a little drone around 2,200 RPMs with the headers, but not bad at all.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I must be the only one with a problem with this exhaust, using the supplied clamps it seems the tail pipe rotates inside the x pipe and the supplied clamp is tightened to it's max....so I have one side where the tip will not stay centered in the middle of the cutout...:rant:

Any suggestions...???

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
I must be the only one with a problem with this exhaust, using the supplied clamps it seems the tail pipe rotates inside the x pipe and the supplied clamp is tightened to it's max....so I have one side where the tip will not stay centered in the middle of the cutout...:rant:

Any suggestions...???
did you get a wrong clamp? try swapping the clamp to the other side and see if the problem follows the clamp.

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
I had a set of GT500 axle backs on my 13 GT and liked the loudness of that. Is the touring or sport closer in overall volume to the GT500 exhaust on the s197?
Touring is more like previous GT500 exhaust, perhaps a little bit louder but not much. I've yet to see anyone saying the Touring was too loud.

Sport seems more like S-Types on the old ones, if I had to guess.
Sponsored