Sponsored

Evans Halshaw, Glasgow

Edster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 race red ecoboost with custon pack
Hi Folks,

Just wondering if my experience of their Cumbernauld Road branch is similar to others who have used them. Buying the car was great. The sales team from start to finish were excellent. I found them to be professional and was at all times impressed by them.

On the day I collected the car (mid/late June) I noticed the bonnet was misaligned, the boot misaligned and a stone chip on the rear n/s wheel arch. Harry, the salesman, booked the car into the body shop for the following Saturday for it to be assessed and thereafter booked in for repair or as I say brought up to the standard to which it should have been supplied.

So I turn up to the body shop as arranged to be met with "are you booked in?" "what's the problem?". I explain everything and an employee takes a couple of pics and says Ford will approve that no bother and he'll call in a week to arrange the booking after he's contacted Ford. I'm confused as to why this is being treated as a warranty claim. In my opinion this should have been dealt with at the PDI.

Fast forward 2 months and the body shop are not contacting me despite repeated requests. Only when I completed the customer survey and marked after sales service as poor did things finally to move. Ford contacted the branch and whatever was said got them moving.

I spoke directly with the body shop manager and explained the issues.
He books the car in then asks me to sort out who is repairing the stone chip. Why am I supposed to deal with this? I relay this to the sales manager. After all they're the same company and are located across the road from each other. Surely it's their job to sort out things like this?

Today I arrived at the body shop to be greeted with "are you booked in?", "what's the problem?", "is it a warranty repair?". I tell them the car was booked after I had spoken to the manager. They then said they would get someone to look at it with me. Guess what, it's the same guy who looked at it 2 months ago and now says he can't remember!

I leave it with them and go to speak to the salesman to ensure the stone chip is repaired. I leave him to it. My dash cam captures the repair and to be fair to them the mechanic starts pretty soon after I leave and gets on with it. He does the job and parks my car back where I left it. Finally a 10/10! A big thank you to the mechanic! My car is left for 3 hours before someone calls to say it's ready for collection.

As soon I arrive (15 quid in a taxi!!!) I see the stone chip hasn't been repaired. I ask what's happening regarding it to be told "someone has to pay for it". I politely point out it won't be me and the car shouldn't have been supplied damaged. He replies he's going to call Harry and it'll be the body shop who has to repair it. He'll call me. Heard that one before!

I'll call Harry tomorrow. Part of me feels sorry for the sales team they no doubt get all the flack from poor after sales service from the body shop.

If you got to the end of this sorry tale well done!
Sponsored

Mustang1878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Black Fastback C/P
Had a similar issue, bumper paint issues though, struggled to get them to deal with it, then dropped a bad reply about after sales care and apparently the sales guy at the time wasnt going to get his commission if it wasn't a good report. Sure enough they got onto it pronto and fixed it within 7 days. If it wasnt for that survey it probably wouldn't have got looked at let alone fixed.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
It seems that in a lot of cases from the minute you hand over the thick end of 40k they do their level best to spoil your experience. Hope you get tnis sorted but stick with it. Once everythings fixed to your satisfaction go at them with both barrels and use someone else in future.

PS. I didnt get a survey...

Mustang1878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems that in a lot of cases from the minute you hand over the thick end of 40k they do their level best to spoil your experience. Hope you get tnis sorted but stick with it. Once everythings fixed to your satisfaction go at them with both barrels and use someone else in future.

PS. I didnt get a survey...
Steve did you used EH? Cant remember if yours was but glasgows is just incase maybe thats why?

OP
OP

Edster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it was the survey that finally got them to look at my car. They were desperate for me to mark the follow up survey as excellent as it "was more a survey for the sales team and not the body shop". The body shop is one place where after sales service will take place. Can't see me wanting much after sales service from the sales team. This has certainly confirmed my decision to use Mike at American Muscle for servicing and any non warranty work.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Edster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The GT40 will be in the Cumbernauld Rd showroom for 3 days from Monday 28th. All Mustang and RS owners were lettered. I didn't get one..

Mustang1878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably for dropping them a shaddy survey reply:lol:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Steve did you used EH? Cant remember if yours was but glasgows is just incase maybe thats why?
Nah, i bought from Peoples in Edinburgh and am now using Parks in Perth for servicing.

I think it was the survey that finally got them to look at my car. They were desperate for me to mark the follow up survey as excellent as it "was more a survey for the sales team and not the body shop". The body shop is one place where after sales service will take place. Can't see me wanting much after sales service from the sales team. This has certainly confirmed my decision to use Mike at American Muscle for servicing and any non warranty work.
I'd also recommend Mike. He fitted my springs, sway bars and spacers. Felt totally comfortable with leaving the car with him.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Edster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd also recommend Mike. He fitted my springs, sway bars and spacers. Felt totally comfortable with leaving the car with him.
I was thinking today if this was AM I wouldn't give it a second thought but I didn't feel comfortable leaving the car with them and gave t the once over before I left.

Sudaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
I used a guy in East Kilbride to get all my suspension mods done. Top job. Automek:headbang:

nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
And regarding your original posting i can totally relate to your story of the cumbernauld road branch . Bodyshop were useless regarding undersealing and replacement roof stripes . Ended up speaking to ANDY BARRATTS customer service reps , and got 2 free services as a goodwill gesture as they put it!!!!!

Oh out of all my wee group of pals that bought stangs im the only 1 that hasnt received an invite either :paddle:

Last edited:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS