Sponsored

Top Speed 1/2 Mile Event

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
That's hauling some ass. What do you think it could hit in a 1 mile run?
Sponsored

SlowArrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Excellent! Been watching this build, it just looks awesome. I not sure I'll ever be able to convince myself to add forced induction.....that said I really like your setup.

What did you change in pushing above 170 - did you add more boost? A tire change would likely help as well. Were there any stock GT350's running, and if so what did they turn?

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
That's hauling some ass. What do you think it could hit in a 1 mile run?
6th gear would be a problem for standing mile event. You'd either need to change 6th gear, or change the final drive to be much taller (numerically smaller) to allow the car to hit it's max speed in 5th gear instead of 6th. Without a change like this, the standing mile trap speed wouldn't be a whole lot more than what he's got here. I'll see if I can find his dyno chart and simulate it and give you an exact answer.

OP
OP
TonyJ5150

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Will be doing a gear change this fall/winter..
As far as what we did to go from 165 to 173....turned out the traction control was clicking in and pulling timing and ignition just before the traps...felt like a rev limiter...we pulled the correct fuse and that was it....was a handful for sure.

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats, I live near the Texas Mile event site and watch for Van Collier's runs each year. I just installed BMR camber bolt with the 4 pt. cb006 front subframe brace, aligned to 1.5 neg camber for running thru the twisty's. I too, have a need for speed.

OP
OP
TonyJ5150

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

Sponsored

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
Stock block and heads?
Yes. The only items we changed in the engine were the oil pump gears and the timing chain gear. This is something we do to all 5.0/5.2s when going forced induction rather it be supercharged or turbocharged. I know some will argue that the engine is no longer "stock" with these changes but I that is really splitting hairs at that point. I think that once you are changing anything from the rotating assembly ie pistons, rods and crankshaft then it is considered a built engine....thats just my opinion though.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Looks like the hood could use some "thickening" to the sheetmetal beneath the Aerocatch latches. Almost looks like depressions surrounding them from holding down the fort at speed.

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
Looks like the hood could use some "thickening" to the sheetmetal beneath the Aerocatch latches. Almost looks like depressions surrounding them from holding down the fort at speed.
That depression is due to it being two layers of metal. It was like that prior to making the runs. When installing them we were aware of this so we left the bolts as loose as we could, but the hood is really thin aluminum so it deforms really easily. We are currently making some little spacers to fill in the gap so we can tighten them down without it pulling on the top layer like it is in the pictures. We just ran out of time as they were being installed Friday night just prior to loading it in the trailer to head to the event. I will post some pictures of it after we get the spacers made and installed.

Last edited:

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
This car is just amazing. Could I ask for fat house and your comments on your choice of turbos over supercharger. I'm sure you debated the merits of both. I really would like to do a twin-turbo setup although it does seem to cost substantially more than a supercharged setup.
Sponsored