Spotted 'tis for all you Mustang 2018 Buyers

Black Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
A document leaked online with all the informations of the options that you get in the 2018 Mustang.

What we already know
Clear rear lights
Clear reflectors in the headlights
Fake gas cap on the rearpanell, but with two additional horizontal stripes (like on the us 2018 rearpanels)
Hood vents on all 2018 models
quad tips on all GTs
Michelin tyres replace the Pirellis (not sure on Ecoboost)
Tribar DRL as on the US model
EU GT gains about 15-25 HP from the current 421HP
EU EB loses a few HP but get's more torque
Digital cluster standard on all EU 2018
New: The options on the EU facelifts
Standard on all EU facelifts: LED headlights, LED DRL, LED foglights, Pre Collission Assist, Lane Assist, Parking sensors on the rear, heated steering wheel & "optimized" ride, center console in leather with kneepads
New colors: Burgundy Velvet (= Crimson Red), Orange Fury and Kona Blue
Standard on all 2018 GTs: Active Exhaust Valves
New Ecoboost standard wheel is replacing the old one - Here's a pic
GT stays with black 10Y wheels
New Packages: PP3 & 4, the same as the PP1 & 2 on current EU models but with these wheels (you can order the wheels seperatly if you want)
New Package: Carbon package (like US package)
Optional: Performance Rear spoiler
Optional: Magnetic ride
Optional: Adaptive Cruide Control
Schedule:
IAA 2017 (September) - Release of pricing & brochures
Q4 2017 - Order banks open
Q1 2018 - Production starts
Q2 2018 - Official launch
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hood vents on all 2018 models

Will the '18 hood fit the '17?;)
Probably not because it looks a lot lower than the s550.1's dip.

But at least their vents will stay on :lol:

OP
OP
Black Thunder

Black Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes shame we didn't get USA Spect as the Vents apparently were not allowed I was told incase of an accident with pedestrians but like the DRL's which were not allowed due to their height yet my Rental Citeron Cactus DLR's must be 6 '' higher the My 17 Stang ?but as the front wings are different I would say the bonnet won't fit cheaper to put vents in if you fancy them

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Post this info a couple of weeks back when I actually ordered an MY18 car due to the leak on VISTA. :D

Though Ford cannot put my order through, but are keeping hold of it due to it being a leak.

Still UK GT has digital dash and active exhaust as standard, nice touches.
VISTA did show RHD heated recaro seat option.

There were 4 unknown options, no doubt one of which is carbon pack, my worry is will UK carbon pack be the full US carbon pack, as in will we get the gorgeous half leather/alcantara seats/door inserts or will we just get palmed off with dash trim only which we could all do anyway via hydro dipping like Manders did.

Fingers crossed we get proper door cards, seats and the digital dash is maintained, dream interior spec. :)

Attached some photos of the MY18 underside stolen from US section, showing the active exhaust (looks like the Borla active unit) and a GT 350 style composite oil pan, the rest looks pretty much as per MY15, can't see any additional chassis bracing Ford mention, but maybe I am not seeing it. Good news is all my suspension parts in theory will transfer across to MY18. :)
IMG_1283.JPG
IMG_1284.JPG
IMG_1286.JPG
IMG_1289.JPG

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yes shame we didn't get USA Spect as the Vents apparently were not allowed I was told incase of an accident with pedestrians but like the DRL's which were not allowed due to their height yet my Rental Citeron Cactus DLR's must be 6 '' higher the My 17 Stang ?but as the front wings are different I would say the bonnet won't fit cheaper to put vents in if you fancy them
I have US spec vents, as does [MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] @Lonesurvivor [MENTION=11298]Greg[/MENTION]C [MENTION=21114]Snorty[/MENTION] [MENTION=26917]sheps5.0[/MENTION]

However, all but snorty have had issues with them not staying stuck down and flapping off. Total was about £300 to have vents fitted and installed but Mike (modurstang) may have adjusted prices now, or stopped altogether.
DRLs was the angle, not height. They're angled wrong and can't be seen properly or something, new ones have different positions etc on them to make them fit EU regulations (APPARENTLY) but we will see when they come through.

[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] Looks like the suitcase got moved further backwards :lol:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have US spec vents, as does [MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] @Lonesurvivor [MENTION=11298]Greg[/MENTION]C [MENTION=21114]Snorty[/MENTION] [MENTION=26917]sheps5.0[/MENTION]

However, all but snorty have had issues with them not staying stuck down and flapping off. Total was about £300 to have vents fitted and installed but Mike (modurstang) may have adjusted prices now, or stopped altogether.
DRLs was the angle, not height. They're angled wrong and can't be seen properly or something, new ones have different positions etc on them to make them fit EU regulations (APPARENTLY) but we will see when they come through.

[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] Looks like the suitcase got moved further backwards :lol:

Yes, but very happy to see the suitcase.

We know MY18 active is louder than current stock exhaust with valves open, was really needed as MY15 was too muted.

My plan is Xforce headers, maybe Cybox if they have something by then with 100 cel cats, this will make the active system much louder. But if I want more volume, then the suitcase can say bye bye and have an H or X pipe in its place. Then I retain active and be quiet when wanted, but can be nice and loud too but also have tone with the headers.

Also the active system on MY18 looks to be Borla system, no surprise as FRPP, Roush, Borla, Ford are all based on the same complex I believe. :D
Also nice to have proper real tips and not valance fake jobbies like the GT 350.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but very happy to see the suitcase.

We know MY18 active is louder than current stock exhaust with valves open, was really needed as MY15 was too muted.

My plan is Xforce headers, maybe Cybox if they have something by then with 100 cel cats, this will make the active system much louder. But if I want more volume, then the suitcase can say bye bye and have an H or X pipe in its place. Then I retain active and be quiet when wanted, but can be nice and loud too but also have tone with the headers.

Also the active system on MY18 looks to be Borla system, no surprise as FRPP, Roush, Borla, Ford are all based on the same complex I believe. :D
Also nice to have proper real tips and not valance fake jobbies like the GT 350.
Looks to be like the roush one I thought... But then again I guess roush and borla run the same thing like you said.

I've heard some start ups of this, and it sounds very juicy. I imagine, not as many exhaust mods as this generation got. Looks to be a smart valve from rumours too, so not a simple "On/off" which is good as "on/off" ones seize up, whereas if it's smart and used quite freuqnelty, such as you set it to open at X RPM, or on startup it closes then opens or whatever, then, you don't risk a seized up valve, I know Jags now-a-days with active exhaust open on start up and then close once 'warm'. and obviously you can reopen if you want or tweak the settings etc.

If you want more sound, eff it, straight pipe it ;)!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some more pictures of MY18, I really hope one will be in the UK soon, want to get to see one in the flesh, hopefully in orange before I have to make my order official.
2018-Ford-Mustang-GT-5_0-0055.jpg
17881483_417304168631221_1982352377490964480_n.jpg
20431207_1475011129253694_190067279031109865_n.jpg
20904932_563662830424575_1776055516192047104_n.jpg
of_gt_stripe (1).jpg

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks to be like the roush one I thought... But then again I guess roush and borla run the same thing like you said.

I've heard some start ups of this, and it sounds very juicy. I imagine, not as many exhaust mods as this generation got. Looks to be a smart valve from rumours too, so not a simple "On/off" which is good as "on/off" ones seize up, whereas if it's smart and used quite freuqnelty, such as you set it to open at X RPM, or on startup it closes then opens or whatever, then, you don't risk a seized up valve, I know Jags now-a-days with active exhaust open on start up and then close once 'warm'. and obviously you can reopen if you want or tweak the settings etc.

If you want more sound, eff it, straight pipe it ;)!

You can see the valves in the underside pictures I posted, so yes it is indeed variable valve system, not just on or off. :)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You can see the valves in the underside pictures I posted, so yes it is indeed variable valve system, not just on or off. :)
yeah sorry sentence should read "It looks like it is a smart valve system, backing up the rumours of it being so" ;)!

Wonder what settings will be on it, how much control a user can have with it, we know from rumours of certain times, but hopefully can have it at certain RPMS opening/closing , etc. :headbang:

If that first pic is Kona blue, that looks cracking...

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And some more pictures, all stolen from US section. ;)
8hvzPg.jpg
jzjb3t3ro3fz.jpg
RL6waV.jpg
j1A6Q0.jpg

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The look of this new model has grown on me and the active exhaust would be great. I paid just under £35k for my MY16 GT, I'll be surprised if a similarly spec'd MY18 is under £45k. I think I'll be priced out this time.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
And some more pictures, all stolen from US section. ;)
I am currently thinking about the lightning blue as it's a truly gorgeous colour or possibly the kona blue, but I'll probably end back up with magnetic, in memory of my first baby (and the pic of the magnetic above looks amazing!)
Sponsored

Last edited: