Sponsored

Opinions Wanted on Photography

GuardDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gaurd GTPP
Hey guys hoping for some opinions or contructive criticism on the following pictures. Black and white or color? Urban or Scenic? Just getting into this and want to see if other people dig the style.
image0000001.jpg
image0000001001.jpg
IMG_20170817_125718_processed.jpg
IMG_20170817_125931_processed.jpg
Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
All those edits have some pleasing qualities.

Personally I prefer to see more of the quality of your raw images, less tweaked by a click of a mouse, which is so almost too easy to do these days.

Anyway, keep taking great photos. You have a good eye for it :)

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
AGREE ^, IF I HAVE TO PICK ONE #3. to much of the car is lost in the others. and the effects are taking over the actual photo subject which is the S550.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
They're all pretty horrible due to editing and subsequent quality loss. In #3 and #4 you have something sticking right in front of the car (grass ?) that shows lack of fundamental composition skills which I would start with rather than go into editing first...

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
As others have said I'm not a fan of the heavy use of Instagram type filters. It's less photography and more software focused.

I like the 3rd shot, but looks like some serious lens flare right over the subject, be sure to use a lens hood if shooting on a sunny day. (Or it might be grass)

Mr. Dad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT w/PP Magnetic 6 spd; 2005 F150 FX4
I agree that composition is the biggest flaw with those. Looks like #3 is overexposed as well with washed out highlights.

The use of effects also depends on what you are trying to achieve with these. Sometimes less is more, but the raw photo has to provide something to work with. Hope that makes sense. Keep at it!

ETA: in the last two, it's not just the blade of grass thing, but also the thing in the upper left corner (guardrail?) which seriously distracts from the subject. Also, whereas the last two are overexposed, the first two look underexposed, eliminating all definition from the car in those shadows.

Last edited:

rreyna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP
Uses Prisma app, becomes photographer. Seriously though. You've lost all shadows on every image, one is blown out. Composition with the scenic photo is nice. Look up rule of thirds. I think these would look great just as regular photos. Lose the filters.

OP
OP
GuardDog

GuardDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gaurd GTPP
Thanks for the feedback guys. No photographer here. Just trying to gauge interest and see which direction to go.
Sponsored