Sponsored

Calimer MT-82 built transmissions?

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Has anyone used the calimer mt-82 built transmissions?

VMP sells his state one on there website but it doesn't mention anything about what the stage one has going for it...I saw another post for his stage 2 mt-82 being able to take 1000RWHP...

Heres a few links...

http://www.vmpperformance.com/Calimer-Transmission-MT-82-Stage-1-p/cal-mt82-1.htm

https://www.facebook.com/Getragmt82/

A member on another forum bought the stage 2 and commented the following:

"The tranny gets rem polished internals, cryo treated internals, welded fork with brass tips, ceramic bearings, whatever needs to be replaced and a few things that he keeps secret right now it is holding a thousand horsepower at the strip without exploding or coming apart,thought thats the most reasonable way to go."

Curious to hear everyones thoughts on these transmissions...I just hit 30K on my MT-82 and it's perfect still but with my recent TVS kit I am trying to keep all options open if I do run into any issues down the road.

Please let me know your thoughts on this OR if your running one of these transmissions.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I heard that Ben is getting with gforce who is coming out with a new gear set for the mt82.These gears along with the other upgrades he does is suppose to be a very stout mt82.Hopefully we will hear something very soon as the gears are suppose to be about ready.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
stage 1 is not advertised as stronger, but but better performing and smoother. Would want something more along a stage 2 or a swap.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
When I purchased my TR6060 from Ben 4 months ago here is the convo we had..I left out pricing in case it has changed....

With the RST you would probably be fine, but if you stay with a RXT a mt82 will break. Built or not it doesn't matter. So I'd say go with a tr6060 then

Here is the build pricing to do your trans if you send it. Keep in mind broken or damaged gears are additional cost. Level 1 build is XXX. That includes bronze shift pads and billet shift stop to replace the factory plastic pieces. I also weld the forks for strength and smooth the sliders and hubs for smoother shifts as well as a few other tricks I do. Level 2 includes cryo treatment and rem polishing and is an additional XXX.

As far as the 6060 it is XXXX shipped. Includes built 6060, billet crossmember, trans mount and wiring pigtails.

If it was my money. I would go with the 6060.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
why does this man not have an official website yet? lol im staying with my stock mt-82. probably go with a mantic organic clutch. and if it breaks then jump to the 6060. i just wish it was an auto lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
When I purchased my TR6060 from Ben 4 months ago here is the convo we had..I left out pricing in case it has changed....

With the RST you would probably be fine, but if you stay with a RXT a mt82 will break. Built or not it doesn't matter. So I'd say go with a tr6060 then

Here is the build pricing to do your trans if you send it. Keep in mind broken or damaged gears are additional cost. Level 1 build is XXX. That includes bronze shift pads and billet shift stop to replace the factory plastic pieces. I also weld the forks for strength and smooth the sliders and hubs for smoother shifts as well as a few other tricks I do. Level 2 includes cryo treatment and rem polishing and is an additional XXX.

As far as the 6060 it is XXXX shipped. Includes built 6060, billet crossmember, trans mount and wiring pigtails.

If it was my money. I would go with the 6060.

Isn't the tr6060 the same trans from the Shelby c6z and zr1? I didn't realize that would even fit in our cars.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Isn't the tr6060 the same trans from the Shelby c6z and zr1? I didn't realize that would even fit in our cars.
It is pretty much a straight swap with all the components from a GT500 - Trans, shifter and crossmember. Custom driveshaft and something like a dakota digital box needed.

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
It is pretty much a straight swap with all the components from a GT500 - Trans, shifter and crossmember. Custom driveshaft and something like a dakota digital box needed.
What's the Dakota digital box do?

How much power can a built 6060 hold?

Sponsored

Matte Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I know of someone who has broke a Calimer built trans because they did not listen on the clutch statement. (RXT vs RST). Personally I'm waiting till his G-Force gear sets are done before spending any money, otherwise you aren't really getting any 'strength' benefits.

Plus I really enjoy the mt-82, wouldn't have to change shit as far as gears, speedo, clutch or crossmember like if you were to go T56, etc.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Would be cool if he built the MT82 to be stronger and sent a trans cooler setup back with it, hahahaha.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
GForce will be releasing billet gear set soon. No word on what it can handle but should be north of the stage 1 6060.

The dakota is a speed calibrator, without it you will get an OSS warning and cruise will not work.
Sponsored