Sponsored

Spotted 'tis for all you Mustang 2018 Buyers

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
I'm over in Detroit at the moment, so was lucky enough to get to the Woodward Dream Cruise where those photos were taken.

As most others say it looks much better in person. They look had already grown on me, however seeing it in person I don't think it looks nearly as different to the current model as it does in photos. Still looks aggressive, which I thought it had lost.

Also heard it revved in both normal and track mode. Track mode is VERY loud. Definitely as loud as most moderate aftermarket cat-backs. Closed is about on par with current stock (I think). Of course my opinion on this could change once hearing one in motion. As Gibbo said, delete the resonator and it should be good.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am currently thinking about the lightning blue as it's a truly gorgeous colour or possibly the kona blue, but I'll probably end back up with magnetic, in memory of my first baby (and the pic of the magnetic above looks amazing!)
Agree on the lightning - there was a photoshop'd photo in the US section (which I'm sure you have seen with white OTT stripes and rocker striped - looked awesome.

Will be hard to ignore Magnetic second time around - I couldn't!

Crimson is a grower too...

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I'm over in Detroit at the moment, so was lucky enough to get to the Woodward Dream Cruise where those photos were taken.

As most others say it looks much better in person. They look had already grown on me, however seeing it in person I don't think it looks nearly as different to the current model as it does in photos. Still looks aggressive, which I thought it had lost.

Also heard it revved in both normal and track mode. Track mode is VERY loud. Definitely as loud as most moderate aftermarket cat-backs. Closed is about on par with current stock (I think). Of course my opinion on this could change once hearing one in motion. As Gibbo said, delete the resonator and it should be good.

Thank you for posting, this sounds fantastic. Real good news on the exhaust being loud in stock form, I will go headers first, see how it sounds, then delete the resonator if I still want more because so many here who fitted headers, re-fitted resonators of some sort to calm down rasp and nasty loudness.

I cannot wait to see one in person, bit argument on FB last night because a guy thinks current Mustangs look like Mondeos.

Tried to explain, I had the latest Mondeo for two weeks, never once did it get attention. The Mustang gets attention on a daily basis and people know its a Mustang, even the none petrol heads.

To which my point is you a petrol head thinks it looks like a Mondeo, yet the general public clearly see a Mustang, I guess that really shows how much you know about cars then. ;)

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Love to know why the 18 has the front DRLs activated for Europe whilst ours are not.

Obviously no reason then.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Love to know why the 18 has the front DRLs activated for Europe whilst ours are not.

Obviously no reason then.
Due to angle, height and position of the lights. However still to be seen if we actually have them over here, current expectation is yes on the basis of earlier spots, but we just never know until ones over here in an actual RHD spec, same with the sequentials, hood vents etc.
Sponsored