Sponsored

tuning stock car... worth it?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
no, should stay thesame, other than you being on the pedal more because it's fun lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
no, should stay thesame, other than you being on the pedal more because it's fun lol
will it come with no lift shift function like ford power pack tune?
and is it possible to make the exhaust pops and crackles more with a little bit worse mpg?
Thank you

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my race e85 tune I average 16.5 mpg mixed driving, 93 octane is 21.6 mpg mixed driving. if anything a tune will get rid of the low rpm shutter off idle when accelerating It almost makes the car feel like it's surging when you feather the pedal to accelerate. Down fall of the snappy shifts going into 2nd and 3rd is that the car can blow the tires off under full throttle with stock tires

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I did a Lund flex tune and JLT. A great first step for the money. Terry @ Beefcake took care of me. Great to deal with. Usually have a Christmas sale if you can wait that long. He does give 6g members a better price if you pm him.

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
I just bought the ngauge and Lund tune combo from [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] today... now I get to wait for it to ship... My car is mostly stock, power mod wise. I did a few suspension mods first.

Sponsored

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
Hey guys.
My car only has only K&N filter and Ford Racing catback exhaust, and thinking about tune it without adding other parts.
What Im looking for is only low end torque, betther throttle response and no lift shift if possible, and don't really care about the peak number.

I don't know how much difference it would make, and what brand should I choose? VMP, Lund....

Thanks guys!:clap2:
It ain't cheap, but a Lund flex fuel tune is a NIGHT AND DAY difference.

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
On my race e85 tune I average 16.5 mpg mixed driving, 93 octane is 21.6 mpg mixed driving. if anything a tune will get rid of the low rpm shutter off idle when accelerating It almost makes the car feel like it's surging when you feather the pedal to accelerate. Down fall of the snappy shifts going into 2nd and 3rd is that the car can blow the tires off under full throttle with stock tires
21mpg is stunning:cheers:. I can say it even has better gas mileage than most ecoboost mustangs.

great info, thanks!

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
I just bought the ngauge and Lund tune combo from [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] today... now I get to wait for it to ship... My car is mostly stock, power mod wise. I did a few suspension mods first.
we have pretty close situation, i only modded suspension from spring damper to different bushings....

please tell me how it feels like after get tuned. thanks:cheers:

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
we have pretty close situation, i only modded suspension from spring damper to different bushings....

please tell me how it feels like after get tuned. thanks:cheers:
I wasn't going to tune it yet, either, but my buddy just bought a 2016 2SS... /sigh

He'll still destroy me, his was already modded - CAI/IM/tune. At least I have more experience around the track than he does, so I have driver mod going for me, but the front straight at my track is ~3500 ft, so he'll win that drag race (closest I come to a drag strip).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes
FB_IMG_1498265914648.jpg

Sponsored

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hey guys.
My car only has only K&N filter and Ford Racing catback exhaust, and thinking about tune it without adding other parts.
What Im looking for is only low end torque, betther throttle response and no lift shift if possible, and don't really care about the peak number.

I don't know how much difference it would make, and what brand should I choose? VMP, Lund....

Thanks guys!:clap2:
Lund Racing FTW!! You will feel every bit of that custom tune over stock. Let me know if you have any specific questions, as we are Lunds biggest dealer and would be glad to assist!

http://www.lethalperformance.com/e-motion-ngauge-tuning-and-monitoring-gauge.html

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
thanks for the biz!!!

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks for the biz!!!
Thanks for answering all my stupid PMs, lol. It shipped, but it'll arrive Monday, when I'm traveling for business... :p:frusty::(

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Definitely beefcake and Lund. If you PM beefcake you will get a deal you can't turn down. The man is on his game and Lund is the best IMO
Sponsored