OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I purchased a non-Nav Screen/APIM from LKQ online. Programmed the APIM only at first. Then changed the ABD of the ACM to that of the 2016 mustang that I used for the APIM. No difference. Still no SiriusXM channel logo/art. All I can think of is that the ACM siriusXM logo display output parameters are different for MFT ACM's (2015-older), than 2016 and newer ACM's. Don't know, just guessing. I don't think that update to 2.2 would fix this.
You should do the update regardless, it really adds to functionality. Can you post a pic of what your screen is displaying? The 2015 ACM I use is fully functional so that should not be the issue
Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Give it some time to download, one took almost 30minutes of listening to satellite radio to download channel art after a software reprogram.

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue MT PP
Hextall, can you help me out. Not sure if you have seen this before. I purchased the Molex 8 pin female connector that you recommended but it seems like my 2015 mustang needs a male...which is kind of strange, even the 4dtech rip off people in the pics have the female connector. Also in the main post you have the picture with the male... Either way the other end of the connector on my mustang is a female connector so I guess I would need to buy a male?
IMG_0696.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hextall, can you help me out. Not sure if you have seen this before. I purchased the Molex 8 pin female connector that you recommended but it seems like my 2015 mustang needs a male...
IMG_0696.jpg
[/QUOTE

The part you purchased is correct, You need to add the pins to it.

Can any one tell me what ACM this is part number HRT3-19C107-BA please?
Are you looking for a specific ACM? Sirius or Sirius and XM? I can tell you what to buy using engineering numbers only.

Rcobra427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hextall, can you help me out. Not sure if you have seen this before. I purchased the Molex 8 pin female connector that you recommended but it seems like my 2015 mustang needs a male...
IMG_0696.jpg
[/QUOTE

Are you looking for a specific ACM? Sirius or Sirius and XM? I can tell you what to buy using engineering numbers only.

Long story short is I bought my car into the dealership for some warranty work and they messed up my car and lied to me about it and then when they finally were an honest they basically said we'll do anything to keep this in house so I told them I want the sync 3 upgrade for free and they got me everything but I didn't use the ACM because I just used my original one, so just trying to find out which one they got me so I can possibly sell it

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
IMG_0696.jpg
[/QUOTE

Add pins to which part? These pins don't fit anywhere in that part.

image1.JPG

Maybe im crazy, maybe im missing something here and I ve done some complicated electronics projects but I dont understand on what planet I can make the RED fit into the BLUE while on the same time using two GREEN to fit it into the plug from the previous picture. I feel like a nice quick diagram on this post would make all this confusion go away. I spent this much money as it is on this conversion, the extra 50 for a cable from 4dtech sounds really good right now :)

Last edited:

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Looks like your missing the JST connector to adapt the male/female MFT connector to the hub.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I feel like a nice quick diagram on this post would make all this confusion go away. I spent this much money as it is on this conversion, the extra 50 for a cable from 4dtech sounds really good right now :)
Check the OP, I did post the diagram, the part numbers , the pin out and a pic of the finished product.

These are the ones I sell for $17.95 You didn't order the JST connector or the Tyco terminals to populate it.

Sponsored

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Check the OP, I did post the diagram, the part numbers , the pin out and a pic of the finished product.

IMG_1644.jpg

These are the ones I sell for $17.95 You didn't order the JST connector or the Tyco terminals to populate it.
Thank you that helps a lot, I was probably not too clear in my post but I did buy the JST connector as well. Just PMed you.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Just PMed you.
I didn't receive anything:shrug:

So just to update, I did Brett's [MENTION=22748]soldier989[/MENTION] car last night and we shot a video. It's pretty rough though. So [MENTION=26578]RedfireV8[/MENTION] who assisted in the beginning with his own money is going to do the install with one of the harnesses and the video and then provide feedback so that we can move forward.

Rcobra427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Installed the unit and I have navi on I'm but my compass is reading backwards ( meaning if I'm heading east it's saying I'm heading west) so my navigation is showing I'm driving backwards lol, anyone else have this problem and is there a fix or maybe I did something wrong......?

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Installed the unit and I have navi on I'm but my compass is reading backwards ( meaning if I'm heading east it's saying I'm heading west) so my navigation is showing I'm driving backwards lol, anyone else have this problem and is there a fix or maybe I did something wrong......?
Take the bracket off of your GPSM and mount your GPS antenna to it. This is a common issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.