Sponsored

Lund tune issues, no fun...

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So, I was excited to get my nguage and tune after debating whether or not to do it. When I finally got it and flashed the car I got a low oil pressure warning and an odd idle so back to stock it went. I contacted Lund and was told they would send a revised tune and that it was an easy fix, so after waiting a couple days I received the revised tune and was all excited once again to get this thing going and flashed it again....same problem with low oil pressure and now it idled at 1100rpm so once again back to stock. Here's where my bigger issue is now, since back to stock the car doesn't run right at all. The idle is low, I drive in track mode all the time and know how my car feels and it is completely off, kinda laggy, the rev matches are off or the car won't even do them so now my car is f*#%ed. Anyone have any ideas? The main reason I was hesitant to tune it was to keep the flashes on the computer down so ford wouldn't get their panties in a bunch but now it's been flashed 4 times and I have a feeling it's gonna have to go to ford and now cost me $$$. Honestly not happy at all , sorry for the rant.
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure but I think I remember someone saying that if you disconnect your battery they cant tell it's been flashed. Nothing else it always good to reinitialize communication any time electrical things get out of whack. Good luck!

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
These cars learn idle. Drive it a few times and everything will be fine. I would not be worried at all.

OP
OP
DeepImpact 5.0

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The idle bothers me but the fact that none of the drive modes seem to be working properly and the car feels completely off is what really makes me worry.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.

Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The tuner didnt somehow screw up your stock tune. Do you have any mods on the car at all and do they match the tune Lund created for you?

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
If you listed all of the bolt on mods that you may or may not have on your car then the tube should work well.

OP
OP
DeepImpact 5.0

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, I definitely listed all my mods when I got it written. My worry is that somehow the stock tune got messed up in the tuner. As impossible as it sounds, with my luck it wouldn't be a surprise hahaha. I am not new to tuning, have been doing it for years on all my diesels and never had a single issue at all. I should've left it alone hahaha

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Why it is best to actually get dyno tuned. Can tunes are a crapshoot of uncertainty.

Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Why it is best to actually get dyno tuned. Can tunes are a crapshoot of uncertainty.
Maybe with pre 2011 cars but not now. These cars with their widebands from the factory can be logged on the street in real world conditions.

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
I'm sure Lund would work with you. They were great to deal with on my tune.

I am no expert, I do know computers though. Their tunes completely over write whatever tune was in your car, so I can't begin to imagine how a Lund tune could hurt your stock tune.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I had the same low oil pressure warning. Easy retune fixed the problem. You need to specify if its PP or non PP. It seams that these cars have a different low oil pressure setting depending on what car you have. In regards to the rough idle, you need to drive it a few miles to relearn its parameters. My car, non PP had the same issue. I drove around at different speeds and it did the trick. It takes a few on/off cycles to get everything squared away. John from Lund racing was quick to respond to my issues, no more than an hour from when I sent my request to retune. Good luck!

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
I'm sure Lund would work with you. They were great to deal with on my tune.

I am no expert, I do know computers though. Their tunes completely over write whatever tune was in your car, so I can't begin to imagine how a Lund tune could hurt your stock tune.
This. And in any case the stock tune is saved before anything is modified. So the stock tune has no alterations.

RushGotti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I don't think this is a Lund issue... As previously suggested, Try driving with it for a couple of days before going to Ford.

a tune is just that, a tune. If you noticed the tune was acting up and reverted to stock, You shouldn't have a problem. Now, If you drove for thousands of miles on a messed up tune, Then that could be an issue.

I had a Bama tune on my '13 that would only allow the TB to open 1/4 of the way and it sounded like the car was choking, THAT was bad. lol.
Sponsored