Sponsored

2016s are being built!!

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I really, REALLY hope they don't wait to ship the 2015s until the first batch of 2016s are ready. No offense to anyone with a 2016 being built...I'm just tired of having to wait for different "stage gates" for my car to ship, since its been sitting for over 2 months...whatever those stage gates may be. :tsk:
I hate to agree with this, but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get your 2015 till a few weeks later than the first 2016s. Certainly at this point it will be delivered no earlier than the first 16s.

I'm pretty sure we won't see any 16 R's till next year. Has anyone talked to FP and asked if any Rs are being built?
Sponsored

Last edited:

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Well it looks like you got a vIN then huh? But when did you order?

Yes I have a vin. I didn't note the exact date that I ordered. I suppose I could call my dealer and ask. I'm thinking it was Mid May, but it could have been a little earlier. I was on my dealer for 6+ months (I have a personal relationship with a manager) and he called me the first day he had the ability to order.

I am told now the week of November 2nd is my build date... I was also told by Ford Performance (on the phone this morning) that with that build date that there is a pretty good chance I'll be cruising by Christmas.....

We shall see.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Same here bro... paid for mine 2 months ago! All I got was a brochure. :D :headbonk:

Harry... Sebring next week!! :thumbsup:

And still w/o our cars... :(
Al, both Fred and I are hoping you will show up a day earlier so we can all get together?

Looking forward to seeing you and our future rides!

:clap2:

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Just heard from my dealer in terms of production, this is what he said:

"No problem Tony, I checked Friday and it was scheduled for first week of Oct. But I just checked and its on material hold. So give me a few days to follow up with you "

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
My 2016 350R is still yet to be scheduled. With the Nov 1st cut off for R production before winter, I doubt i'll be seeing mine until spring, which I am actually fine with. Don't have to have a brand new car sitting on my garage all winter

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I already cut off my left nut as a downpayment....
Well... that may be the better choice according to the MDs. Because the right testicle is typically bigger than the left anyway. :D

But folklore say the benefit of cutting the right testicle instead is due to the left usually hangs lower. :headbonk:

Yeah.... we need our cars, like yesterday! :frusty:

rgvanover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
All, having several mustangs and Shelby's....I'm very dissappointed. So much to the point, if I don't receive this car before November 1, most likely it will have a different owner.

speedrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Any idea what part is in short supply to create the material hold?

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
Well... that may be the better choice according to the MDs. Because the right testicle is typically bigger than the left anyway. :D

But folklore say the benefit of cutting the right testicle instead is due to the left usually hangs lower. :headbonk:

Yeah.... we need our cars, like yesterday! :frusty:
Ok, is there anyone else who finds this conversation slightly disturbing?:crazy:

:lol::lol::lol:

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
All, having several mustangs and Shelby's....I'm very dissappointed. So much to the point, if I don't receive this car before November 1, most likely it will have a different owner.
I ordered Father's day weekend. Haven't received a VIN, but dealer did call to tell me that the order was "locked". Still says it is on material hold. I think I'll be lucky to get the car this year.

Even so, I think that is to be expected with these new car roll outs. Once things get moving hopefully Ford can start pumping out the cars. I do have a Laguna Seca track day on Nov. 27 with the Nor Cal Shelby Club, and it would be sweet to show up in a GT350, but I suspect I'll be taking my other 350 instead.

If you make November 1st your deadline, then I think you had better be prepared to give up on the car. Instead, make April your deadline, and be pleasantly surprised when it comes sooner. That's what I'm doing (well, trying to do.....it's not really working).

-T

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ok, is there anyone else who finds this conversation slightly disturbing?:crazy:

:lol::lol::lol:
More than just slightly.

I ordered Father's day weekend. Haven't received a VIN, but dealer did call to tell me that the order was "locked". Still says it is on material hold. I think I'll be lucky to get the car this year.

Even so, I think that is to be expected with these new car roll outs. Once things get moving hopefully Ford can start pumping out the cars. I do have a Laguna Seca track day on Nov. 27 with the Nor Cal Shelby Club, and it would be sweet to show up in a GT350, but I suspect I'll be taking my other 350 instead.

If you make November 1st your deadline, then I think you had better be prepared to give up on the car. Instead, make April your deadline, and be pleasantly surprised when it comes sooner. That's what I'm doing (well, trying to do.....it's not really working).

-T
Good advice.

I'm hoping once things get rolling the cars will come out surprisingly quickly... or it takes until next spring. Frankly I will be happy either way if I end up with a car at a decent price. Congrats on having your order in, though.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Tastes the same, though.
Whoa, holy gustatory perception! :eyebulge: Now that's just TMI. :ninja:

:D

C'mon Ford... release & ship out the 2015's this week please?!? :popcorn:
Sponsored