Original tires not lasting long

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
My rear tires didn't even last 7000 miles. P zeros are terrible.

I just picked up pilot super sports a couple weeks ago and the difference between them is pretty staggering. I can't believe how good these pss's are.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Im at 2300 hundred miles and right at the wear bars lol.21,000 lol ,i dont think ive seen that on any of my performance cars.Well the rears anyway.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought the '12 PP tons of people were replacing them after a few thousand miles but mine were still fine at 24k when my wife cut one down and I ended up replacing them all. I have had fantastic results with the Michelin Pilot Sports AS2 and 3 on my last couple of vehicles (49k on the rear tires of the GTO!). They are fantastic tires, no complaints at all (never had them in cold weather though).

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
When I bought the '12 PP tons of people were replacing them after a few thousand miles but mine were still fine at 24k when my wife cut one down and I ended up replacing them all. I have had fantastic results with the Michelin Pilot Sports AS2 and 3 on my last couple of vehicles (49k on the rear tires of the GTO!). They are fantastic tires, no complaints at all (never had them in cold weather though).
I had as/3's on the the back of mine for about a week due to a mixup at Michelin and I didn't really like them. They were much better than the p zeroes but didn't grip enough. When I got the pilot super sports on the back I was as happy as I could be, I didn't know street tires had that much grip heh.

I do have the blower on it though so the as/3's might have been just fine with a stock car

Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Disappointed to see how quickly the Pirellis wear out.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
3800 miles no line lock and 1 burn out
It's really hard to tell much without tweaking the picture some.

Looks a lot to me that it was over-inflated, and I have a feeling that the toe might have been 'off' a little.

Norm

Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Deep Impact Blue
The Pirellis are garbage. Mine look almost like that in the rear as well and have never done a burn out or any of that teenager crap. The worst part is Ford won't honor the warranty because they claim its the way I drive. Well, even if it is, the warranty is 12k right? I have like 7k on my car. I am still going to try and get the rears replaced. These TX roads in the summer are murder on any tires but thats not my problem. My fronts are still nearly perfect. 9/10. I was hoping to replace tires as a set since they can't be rotated. If I do just the rears I am loathe to spend my own $$$ on more Pirellis.

Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The Pirellis are garbage. Mine look almost like that in the rear as well and have never done a burn out or any of that teenager crap. The worst part is Ford won't honor the warranty because they claim its the way I drive. Well, even if it is, the warranty is 12k right? I have like 7k on my car. I am still going to try and get the rears replaced. These TX roads in the summer are murder on any tires but thats not my problem. My fronts are still nearly perfect. 9/10. I was hoping to replace tires as a set since they can't be rotated. If I do just the rears I am loathe to spend my own $$$ on more Pirellis.
No teenager crap but the fronts have 90% tread and the rears are done? Is anyone supposed to believe this LOL?

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Noooobody believes that!

Here's why they don't last. They make absolutely no noise when broken loose, and with the stock IRS, you can never really tell when they are breaking loose. So, you burn out a lot more than you realize.

Tofino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT stick.
My rear tires break loose regularly if driving at all aggressively.
So the only person to blame for my tires wearing quickly is me.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Wishing i hadn't seen this thread :frusty:
First batch of cars aren't arriving our side of the pond until December, Ford in their infinite wisdom have kept the P-Zero Summer tyres on the car, and are completely fine with supplying a performance car to the UK in winter with Summer tyres .... because all of their standard vehicle range have summer tyres. As i pointed out to them though, not all of their cars are rear wheel drive monsters.
I had considered putting all seasons on or even winters (our temps are already dipping below 45f), if the Pirellis dont last 4000 mile that may be coming sooner than i think. Best get saving, new set of rubber is at least ÂŁ800 ($1300)

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
2113 miles of aggressive but not abusive driving. 34psi (nitrogen) and aligned properly (these are the rears).

Sponsored

Last edited: