Sponsored

Got pulled over today, amusing story

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
My son was pulled over two years ago for crossing the solid white line near the intersection. The officer let him go with a warning for that, but gave him a fix-it ticket for not showing a current insurance card. My insurance card reads "Effective Date: November 2017". My son tried to explain to the officer that it was the new card, but the officer didn't catch the word "effective" and thought it said "Expiration".

After a little hassle to prove this, it was all cleared up, but it was still a hassle trying to prove that this was the card in the car when he was pulled over. Mistakes happen. If only the gov't made it easy on people to prove their point.
Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
The technology these days for LEOs is a computer and a device that captures every vehicle that passes their patrol car 360° and scans the tag # at that point if you have expired tag or insurance license etc it alarms and the officer then persues the vehicle, they dont even have to be looking up! More than likely either he was just trying to mess with you because of your new mustang, or his city/county has antiquated equipment.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
for everyone thats not a leo. id like to know if you are under the camera or constant pressure of life or death or a your life or a lawsuit. because that is what we deal wth everyday. think before some of you speak.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
for everyone thats not a leo. id like to know if you are under the camera or constant pressure of life or death or a your life or a lawsuit. because that is what we deal wth everyday. think before some of you speak.
Who are you referring to? Im not understanding what you are trying to say?

Sponsored

OP
OP

reek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm sure the reason he pulled me over was because I'm in a Mustang with an exhaust. BUT not intentionally instead, subconsciously. He even commented on "really nice car!" So my meaning, if I were in beige Camry, I probably would have gone un-noticed. You have to admit, there is probably more attitudes driving around in Mustangs than Camrys.

Having said that, I'm sure it was an innocent and honest mistake, part of being a human being. He was overall very good natured and very pleasant from the start. The way I figure, LEOs are not our adversaries. They are there to help, who do you call when there is trouble? We all just get upset when we get pulled over for doing something wrong and end up blaming the LEO and not ourselves. It's human nature. Of course, there is the 10% douche bag factor. 10% of the human race is made up of D-bags. And those people can take any job they want. So, 10% of LEOs, 10% Doctors, 10% Catholic Priests, etc. the only exception is 40% Lawyers.....

BTW, my original post was more for an amusing story, not any other subversive reason.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I have never had a cop pull me over. And I got my car when I was 22 (I'm 25). I'm kind of interested to see what they do when I get my 2018. If I'll be pulled over because I'm a young girl and in a nice car. Most people will probably think mommy and daddy's money will buy it for me. But nope it is 100% me.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
In the immortal words of Uncle Owen, "With great power comes great responsibility."

Sponsored

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Sort of unrelated but with regards to the stickers and theft. I had that happen a few times so what I do now is take an razor blade and cut it edge to edge. This way if they do try and peel it off they won't get the whole piece unless they stay put. The score prevents easy removal. That and of course removing the previous years sticker.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
OP, fully understandable for the pull in my place. I've had my plates much longer than I've had my '15. I transferred plates from an older car.
SC's stickers come scored so they will come apart if you try to peel them off.

OP
OP

reek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
California plates stay on the car for the lifetime of the car. That was a weird concept for me being originally from NY. there, I moved my plates from car to car. I must be assimilating to left coast culture because now the plates staying on the car makes total sense to me....

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
California plates stay on the car for the lifetime of the car. That was a weird concept for me being originally from NY. there, I moved my plates from car to car. I must be assimilating to left coast culture because now the plates staying on the car makes total sense to me....
I'm originally from CA. Unless you have personalized plates in CA, you don't keep them. Now in AZ, the plate is yours FOREVER.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
So I was coming home from work this morning and there's a Sherriff cruiser behind me. He's following me for a few miles, I'm at or alittle over the speed limit, keeping up with traffic.

he then pulls me over and asks if I know why he pulled me over. I say no I do not. I'm told my registration is indeed valid since he ran it but my blue colored 2019 year-validation sticker is missing and my blue 2012 is showing. I put the current sticker on last weekend so I know it is not missing or it was vandalized. So he proceeds to tell me that a lot of people want to avoid paying registration so they scrape off the prior year stickers and since 2012 was blue, they expose the old 2012 sticker to give the appearance of the 2019 blue sticker.

so I confirm, "you ran my registration and it is current". He's a very pleasant fellow so I just keep playing along with him. "and my 2012 sticker is now showing?" So as more info for him, I hand him my current registration for my 2017 Mustang. he looks at it and says it's a misdemeanor and may require a court date. so at this point, I ask to get out and look at the sticker with him. He says no, check it when you get home - I'm sure an officer safety protocol. So about 10 minutes go by while I'm trying to clue him in on the fact my 2017 mustang would NOT have a 2012 sticker on it. THEN finally you see the light bulb go on.

He goes back and rechecks the sticker, sure enough a blue 2019. We both started laughing and he admitted it was all on him and he really wasn't just trying to harass me for being in tarted up sports car. He started giving me his full name and badge info. I just told him to be safe and have a happy thanksgiving.
You gotta admit, that's funny! :doh: ;)
Sponsored