Sponsored

Traded in my GT for a C7, I'm missing the GT..

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
When I was in the market for a slightly used "sports car", my mind was set on the Mustang GT but I was also considering a C7 Stingray. The Vette is in regards to performance on another level, especially if compared to a non PP Mustang GT. In the end, I chose the Mustang for the following reasons: Design, practicability, price, and my personal needs. Coming from a 3.7 V6 Mustang, the 5.0 was a big upgrade to me. However, I would like to have a Vette one day, ideally in addition to the Mustang :D
Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I am patiently waiting for the new Corvette, with 6.2 liter DOHC, 570 hp N/A, MSRP $60k.

Last edited:

Nukem501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Shelby GT500
Am I the only one that has never liked the vette? They just look cheesy to me. I've driven C3, C4, C5 and C6 cars and while they could be fun to drive they just never did anything for me.
I like the C1 and C2

After that.... meh

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Buyer's remorse is thought to stem from cognitive dissonance, specifically post-decision dissonance, that arises when a person must make a difficult decision, such as a heavily invested purchase between two similarly appealing alternatives.

This is what happened to the OP. Trust me when I say the C7 is a superior car in every way except reliability. I spent three years trying to make an old LT1 run properly, gave up, bought a V6 Mustang and let the mechanic buy the old car all within like an hour.

But with GTs going for over 56 grand with few options here in Canada, I would still stretch and get a base Vette. I suggest you join your local Corvette club and sure its an older crowd but their engine hacks are far better and sophisticated than the good old boys here.

Congrats, say your goodbyes and move on. :thumbsup:

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I traded in my base 2016 Mustang GT for a new 2017 Stingray 2LT a few days ago and I'm really starting to miss the Mustang. I didn't think I would since the C7 is better in nearly every way but that's to be expected from a car costing twice as much. I had a base GT with a tarted up interior and I loved that thing. It did everything I wanted while looking more than good and costing $30k. The whole package is just amazing and Ford did a fantastic job on branding. The vette does everything too well and a bit of excitement is lost because of that. Chevy tried making the base models special with the whole "Stingray" branding but it isn't as effective as the Mustangs branding. If finances allow, I'd love to get back into Mustang in the future. Wouldn't that be the dream, daily driving a vette and having a GT350 or better yet GT500 as a weekend car :cheers:.
36395068360_5e916de506_b.jpg
IMG_0414 by Aaron, on Flickr
36646470381_2382543fd3_b.jpg
IMG_0725 by Aaron, on Flickr
26757067849_8be7264e38_b.png
IMG_0891 by Aaron, on Flickr
37645295745_b6dfbacc63_b.png
IMG_0892 by Aaron, on Flickr
Dude, it's called buyer's remorse. I've driven a stock 2016 GT and a C7. The C7 is more of a pain to get in and out for sure. The styling while cool is a little over the top. But as far as DRIVING? The C7 ROCKS! I wouldn't miss the GT in that regard at all.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
We took the mustang down to a Chevy dealer. Thought about trading it for a Vette. After a test drive. We decided to keep the stang. Our problem wasn’t with the styling or the performance. It was just fitting in the damn thing. At 6.4 and 270. I wasn’t comfortable sitting in the Vette. It was a gymnastic event getting in and out. Me and my wife are in our 50s. I don’t know how so many old guys are drawn to these cars.
theyre probably not over weight.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
theyre probably not over weight.
Maybe. I guess there are a lot of little teny tiny very flexible corvette owners in America. Yea that matches national statistics.:thumbsup:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Corvettes are the only other car other than Mustangs that I really like.

I thought heavily about getting one instead of my GT. I love the way it looks but something about the S550's styling makes me like it a tiny bit more.

The next biggest reason was cost. Even though I have put enough money into my car to buy a vette easily, that would be a stock vette. A $40k car + $40k mods is more fun and faster than $70k car + $10k mods. I thought about a slightly used vette to bring the cost down, but I really wanted brand new, and I've wanted a Mustang far longer than a Corvette. And lastly the rear seat makes the car more practical so i would be able to drive it more. The Mustang also seemed alot more DD-able than a Corvette is in the winter.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I have a little left to pay off my GT and I’ll be trading for a used C7 hopefully by next summer. Can’t wait!

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Vettes are cool. They have there own niche, although I cant stand the way the rear is on the c7. Interior is meh but id own one if I had the cash LOL...... What can't you love? 2 door lightweight 750 hp ZR1 would be fuuun!

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Am I the only one that has never liked the vette? They just look cheesy to me. I've driven C3, C4, C5 and C6 cars and while they could be fun to drive they just never did anything for me.
Few years ago it looked like Chevy had lost their way.
I always thought the 'vette looked like a Viper. (front)

Same way the Colorado resembled a Tacoma..........:gossip:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I could see getting a used c7 grand sport if the 7g mustang doesn't do it for me. I believe the next gen mid eng vette will be more than I'm willing to pay.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
I was in the market for a new car as my 2006 M6 GTO was just getting old and fixing a bunch of shit was growing tiresome.

A lot of Chevy dealers were doing deals on the remaining 2017 C7s and I almost pulled the trigger on a red 7M 1LT for 49k out the door. I had heard about the tight interior but I'm 6'1, 205 lbs and fit perfectly. The car drove amazing but I ended up passing on it because although I could afford it, I just wasn't comfortable paying that much for a car yet. It's rare but sometimes I get conservative with my finances lol.

I ended up snagging a 2017 GT Premium PP in Grabber Blue with 1800 miles for 36k out the door last Thursday and I love it. I still love the C7 and I definitely miss the LS2s low end torque but the Mustang is an awesome car for the money.

I'm not a brand loyalist and my car before the GTO was a 2002 Honda S2000. I guess I just like to try different things but I'm very glad I pulled the trigger on the Mustang.

Maybe I'll get a C8 down the roas but that may not be so affordable with the mid engine layout.
Sponsored