Sponsored

Preview: Diode Dynamics LED Turn Signal Housings!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Questions:
- Does the turn signal, when activated, cover the entire span of the light or just the inside portion as is currently the case. This is ugly to me. I want the whole entire light to blink.
- The tri-bar demo doesn't do it for me. The rear lights are tall, think bars of light. This looks like you took a three separate regular lights and just set them to sequence. Maybe I'm not getting it or maybe that demo is not fully telling. Doesn't remind me of the back of the car at all, if I'm honest.
- Would love an option that can be coupled with something in the rear for white or amber strobe lights activated by a switch or possibly even by the hazard switch. Totally unnecessary but so are most light modifications in general if you think about it.
- Will the DRL be the exact same white color as the tri-bar thing in the front headlights. Presently all LED setups for DRL in the front are a "more blue" color.

:)
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Also, please make something simple that stops the m'fing fog light from turning off when I activate the turn signal. So stupid. Don't care what the law is, that's dumb. :)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
In my humble opinion, the three-segment sequential is really horrible. Could be the simulation software, but it seems a mid-70s light. As [MENTION=21494]wildcatgoal[/MENTION] said, rear lights are tall and thin, these are short and fat!

However, this is only my opinion, I already have my 30-eur china switchbacks that are working flawlessy so I'm not interested in these :)

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
A. I need these.
B. I can't wait to see a video sim, or even a photoshop of what this will look like, particularly with the DRLs hooked up.
We should have some pics and videos of the product in action at the end of this month. Thanks!

RADARB8

***** Troll
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Sub'd! Been holding out on switchbacks in hopes something like this would come.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Would those fit a GT350 or our turn signals different shape?

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Would those fit a GT350 or our turn signals different shape?
To add to Nick's post, yes they fit, and yes we also accounted for the slight difference in the bumper design, as the GT350 bumper hides more of the turn signal housing than normal.

Paul

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Tinted lense version and I'd consider ditchingmy $180 Triton V3 LEDs

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
Quick shot! If it looks like the factory one... well, that was the goal. Going to be quite a bit different when it's lit up though!

20160816_132613.jpg
I can't see this image or the one in the first post :(

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Just please let it be less ugly than these

http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-smoked-led-turn-signals-1517.html

they're ugly and look like crap, and it's just more "oh these are ours and branded ours" when someone else did the work and they just slap their name on it like they made it.
Lol. This is the first time I'm seeing these ^ thanks to your link but I actually think they look pretty cool! Haha.

In any case, I currently have the Diode Dynamics Switchbacks (as well as the DD interior LED's, and sidemarkers). They've been working great and look good. I do think the white light part is a tiny bit too bright but I'm very happy with them overall. That said, although they are LED, they are still illuminating from a single light source/bulb.

I definitely like the idea of a fully illuminated LED turn signal. Can't wait to see the finished product from DD. It would be cool to see what they would look like if they were made similar to the DRL's. Basically like a translucent housing lit with indirect light "glowing" from behind. However, I'm guessing that wouldn't fly in regards to DOT laws.

I'm definitely interested in the final product. Unfortunately, I'm a little late to this party so I haven't seen the tri-bar flashing animation everyone is talking about (I believe DD took it down) but if I'm understanding correctly, those of you who don't like the flash will be able to turn that function off and just have all of the LEDs illuminate at once.

I believe someone else asked this but I didn't see an answer. Will the amber LEDs also turn white when the signal is not in use?
Sponsored