very nice ! Had mine on since november and theyre fantastic
Sponsored

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 LX Mustang, 2003 Mach 1
How often should these be serviced?
As far as an actual service, I can't say that I've ever had to have a customer send in a shock to have serviced or rebuilt due to wear and tear. We use spherical bearings due to the longer lifespan, they're not a wear item like a poly bushing. We also have a 1,000,001 mile warranty on all of our shocks!

Sharad, I'm extremely happy to see that you're loving the coilovers! It's not easy to put into words how drastic of a change that you really see but I think you put the best explanation yet. :cheers:

and Steve, you're always welcome to stop by! We're actually having an open house here on May 6th, I'd like to have you and the car here if you're free!

Last edited:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
For some reason I thought you had to shave some metal in the rear to get these in. Not true?

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
man wish i could ride in it to feel them. i've been in an rs3 with roush coils and was mind blown, I wonder how these are. Group buy on coilovers???!! :D [MENTION=11082]TheDivaDanielle[/MENTION]?!

[MENTION=14371]'Merica[/MENTION] check these out.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
As far as an actual service, I can't say that I've ever had to have a customer send in a shock to have serviced or rebuilt due to wear and tear. We use spherical bearings due to the longer lifespan, they're not a wear item like a poly bushing. We also have a 1,000,001 mile warranty on all of our shocks!

Sharad, I'm extremely happy to see that you're loving the coilovers! It's not easy to put into words how drastic of a change that you really see but I think you put the best explanation yet. :cheers:

and Steve, you're always welcome to stop by! We're actually having an open house here on May 6th, I'd like to have you and the car here if you're free!
I'll probably make it over. Too much cool stuff there not to stop and take a look.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
man wish i could ride in it to feel them. i've been in an rs3 with roush coils and was mind blown, I wonder how these are. Group buy on coilovers???!! :D

[MENTION=14371]'Merica[/MENTION] check these out.
Josh might be able to provide some insight. They had a Roush in for air suspension right before doing mine. I'd assume it came with the coilovers from Roush.

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How often should these be serviced?
All ridetech shocks come with a 1,000,001 mile warranty.

Like any modifacation its a good idea to do a bolt check every once and awhile if you're doing agressive or track driving.

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
We used my car for most of the devleloment in the Optima Batteries Ultimate Street Car events last year, along with other events. The car was beyond spectacular and proved to be a very fast and competive car with no other modtifactions. As we perfected the kit the car got faster and faster. My car is very lightly modded and is fast and fun thanks to the ridetech suspension!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sharad

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
man wish i could ride in it to feel them. i've been in an rs3 with roush coils and was mind blown, I wonder how these are.
I'd take you out for a spirited drive so you could check them out! I just don't know when we'll be at the same place at the same time. I go to a lot of shows year round, but I only drive to the shows in Florida and Georgia.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
For some reason I thought you had to shave some metal in the rear to get these in. Not true?
The rear shock mount requires drilling into the frame and adding riv-nuts (I think that's what they are called). Not sure if they changed the design since I got my setup but they do appear to be the same except for black powdercoating/anodizing on the front lower strut mount.

If I may ask do you recall where you set the front caster? The upper strut mounts have elongated holes and I set them for max caster. My only word of advice is coat the little collar bolt with antisieze. I had to drill one out a few days ago as it was seized in there good and ended up stripping. :headbonk:

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
We used my car for most of the devleloment in the Optima Batteries Ultimate Street Car events last year, along with other events. The car was beyond spectacular and proved to be a very fast and competive car with no other modtifactions. As we perfected the kit the car got faster and faster. My car is very lightly modded and is fast and fun thanks to the ridetech suspension!
If I remember correctly Josh told me this car with a basically stock drivetrain was running times close to Ridetechs 48 hour Corvette which is basically a racecar. Impressive indeed.

OP
OP
Sharad

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If I may ask do you recall where you set the front caster? The upper strut mounts have elongated holes and I set them for max caster. My only word of advice is coat the little collar bolt with antisieze. I had to drill one out a few days ago as it was seized in there good and ended up stripping. :headbonk:
If this question was directed toward me, I slid the struts back for max caster and I eyeballed about -3* camber. I haven't gotten it aligned yet.

I added anti seize to the spring collars, but not to the little screws. I can go back and do that when I get the car back apart next week. (more mods) But I left those screws finger tight. They don't need much torque.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
If this question was directed toward me, I slid the struts back for max caster and I eyeballed about -3* camber. I haven't gotten it aligned yet.

I added anti seize to the spring collars, but not to the little screws. I can go back and do that when I get the car back apart next week. (more mods) But I left those screws finger tight. They don't need much torque.
Yes sorry I was asking you :) I did drive mine through winter so you might not have any issue at all but a little antisieze is my recommendation. I too did max caster. I did a 4 whee alignment and everything was within spec but I did change to adj toe and camber arms out back too so it was easily adjustable.

Do you get any noise from the fronts ? I've been waiting for the weather to warm and is has and I've gone in there re-checking everything up front etc but I get a lot of noise from the fronts over bumps. I compared your photo to mine and it seems hey changed the design or revised it .. Just hope my setup can be 'upgraded' to any improved design. By the looks of it the setup should be shorter installed which will give a lower ride height than mine (top of the shock protrudes higher out the plate than mine). Also seems your away bar mounting hole is higher which is better since when lowered the shorter end links were still needing to be shorter. Either way so far the handling is superb
Sponsored