Sponsored

Depressing Thread: How many have their GT350 tucked away for winter?

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Finally took the last steps of the season - gave it a good final cleaning and tucked it away in the bag for the next five months or so...... sigh.......

Mrs. Muligan bought me a snuggy for it from Weathertech (made by CoverCraft)....

Winter%20Storage%202_zpsowfgv03a.jpg

Then I zipped the Car Jacket after hooking up the battery tender and throwing in a few large desiccant pouches....

Winter%20Storage%201_zpsk0hsszhu.jpg
Really? It's going to be 55 and clear Friday and Saturday and Sunday will be nice too. Next week will have a few 50 degree days as well. I guess you won't be making it to cars and coffee Saturday or Sunday at Caliber Coffee in South Barrington. Too bad, we are going to have a warmer winter than last year and drought conditions with little snow. Put 40 miles on mine today.
Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I'm in Bakersfield (1 1/2 hour north or Los Angeles) and it's 80 today. Winter will be mild and Lucy will be my constant companion. The only time salt hits the ground here is when my wife accidentally spills a margarita by the pool

PrISM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Once the first bit of ice hits and they salt the roads, into the garage she'll go. We're still seeing 60-70 degree days so I just can't put her away yet! Got some flatstoppers and a battery tender for when it's time.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
It was a glorious clear day today with very little traffic. While the wife was preparing the Thanksgiving meal, I took the Shelby out bombing around. 45 degree outside temp nets 184 degree oil. I doubt that extra 6 degrees makes any difference. To be safe though, I didn't take her above 7500 rpm. Added another 50 miles on her.

Jmk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350
It was a glorious clear day today with very little traffic. While the wife was preparing the Thanksgiving meal, I took the Shelby out bombing around. 45 degree outside temp nets 184 degree oil. I doubt that extra 6 degrees makes any difference. To be safe though, I didn't take her above 7500 rpm. Added another 50 miles on her.
It was a nice day today I envy you. I put mine away last weekend.
IMG_1769.JPG
IMG_1770.JPG
IMG_1771.JPG

Sponsored

Sponsored

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I have been chuckling at you yankees and your car storage techniques and then boom karma bites us! 54 years in the south and we get this in early December.
IMG_1852.JPG

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I wouldn't mind once in a while.... Gulfcoast, FL, kinda hard to accomplish though. There' a slight drizzle of rain right now...but when it stops, I'm going out for a ride, sorry ;)

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I have been chuckling at you yankees and your car storage techniques and then boom karma bites us! 54 years in the south and we get this in early December.
IMG_1852.JPG
Pretty view. Us folks north of the Mason Dixon took pity on you guys and sent you a taste for Christmas. Ya'll be back to normal soon.
I never keep cars more than five years or so and have never been a proponent of wrapping them like mummies in the off season. Freaky weather conditions happen and sometimes we get really good opportunities in the middle of winter. I like to be ready to go on short notice. Most I do for storage is a Tender, a good end of season wax and up on Flatstoppers.
A buddy that has a few old classic cars used to do the car in a bag thing and he found out mice can take up residence inside the nice cozy wrapping and they can make a mess of a good car in short order.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Yeah, it's pretty darned cold (relatively speaking) here in NW Florida right now. Temps in the high 30's/low 40's and rain for the past several days. Ugh... It was in the 70's here just last week. ...and last week I was down in Miami and Cocoa Beach. Shorts and flip-flop weather.

Mine got a thorough cleaning and detailing a few weeks ago and has been sitting in the garage ever since. Between travel for work and weather I haven't had time to get it out.

Edit: Wife just told me that it snowed here early this morning (~3AM), and the snow was still on the ground when she got up this morning. We've been here for 18 years and this is only the 3rd time we've gotten snow.
Sponsored

Last edited: