Sponsored

catch can needed for a non-modded eco?

Pmauoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic
Hello forum friends...looking to ask if you guys reccomended someone like myself who owns a 16 ecoboost, non modded to get a catch can. If so, what make and model would you suggest?
Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I installed a UPR dual valve catch can. It has a bottom drain plug which allows a clean quick drain of any captured oil, especially if you install a brass quarter turn valve. Most other brands require a removal of hoses from the can and then removal of the can. Or screwing off of the can from the top cap then dumping of any oil.
However it is fairly expensive.
I don't track my convertible nor jack rabbit down the highway. So the can catches very little oil. I was willing to pay for it...just to have the peace of mind knowing that little blow-by oil was being carbonized on the valves.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
When I had an EB I put the UPR DVCC on first thing at like 500 miles. It caught about 10-12oz of stuff every oil change. It was worth the peace of mind even if it doesn't actually help anything in the end.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I don't run a catch can and never will. There will be carbon deposits with or without the catch can, so why run one? If you forget to clean it, you'd wish you would have never got one. Just my .02.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I don't run a catch can and never will. There will be carbon deposits with or without the catch can, so why run one? If you forget to clean it, you'd wish you would have never got one. Just my .02.
Agreed. If a catch can was that important it would already be on there.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I'd like to have less oil in my IM than not...I have the giant UPR cc that mounts next to the radiator (as big as it is, you don't even notice it), so being it's so huge, it would probably never fill for the life of the car, but I'll check it from time to time. Is it needed? no. Will it help your improve AF ratio, timing, cleanliness of the intake, etc etc, yes. You have to remember, Blue Oval is trying to make us a car that we can afford and adding a catch can would add to production costs...heck, in reality, nothing is neededfor our cars, which is how Ford sells it to us. That doesn't mean it can't be improved upon for those who want more from their cars.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Agreed. If a catch can was that important it would already be on there.
Not really, because 99% of people don't even open the hood let alone know what a catch can is or how to empty it. And a catch can will cause way more problems than its worth if it overflows. Plus, Ford it only concerned with running the warranty period out, if it can make it that far obviously its fine without but there is no harm in adding it.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Don't even need it for modded eco.... no
Sponsored