Sponsored

Transmission problem. making noise from stick

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
I am having this noise coming from the transmission when I push it toward driver side or engage 1/2/3 gear, especially loud in cold temperature. The noise will minimize after the car runs about 20minutes. What is wrong with it? it bugs me so much to hear that noise.

check out the you tube video, you will see what i m talking about.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
If you have warranty take it in. No way we can tell you what the issue is. Sounds like shifter is making contact with something when you move it over.

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
If you have warranty take it in. No way we can tell you what the issue is. Sounds like shifter is making contact with something when you move it over.
Thanks for replying, i m taking it in on Tuesday. BTW I have a competition orange as well lol

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

99gtp

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Sounds like you will have to learn to live with it. Pretty sure most if not all manual mustangs do that.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Synchros. Sounds normal to me. Some make more noise than others.

Willing to bet money the dealer says it's normal after having your car for 3 days...

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's just when you push it, its against something amplifying the vibration.
I would ignoring it just keep driving.
Most normal noise would go away within 1000 miles.
My GT would make whining noise when accelerating from 1-4th gear when I had 20 miles on it. Now I am at 500, most noise is gone.

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
It's just when you push it, its against something amplifying the vibration.
I would ignoring it just keep driving.
Most normal noise would go away within 1000 miles.
My GT would make whining noise when accelerating from 1-4th gear when I had 20 miles on it. Now I am at 500, most noise is gone.
Well, I am at 16000km now. It was bought used at 10k

Sponsored
OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
thank you all for replying. Man this noise is so annoying when you dont have radio on, sounds like I am driving a dirt cheap sport car. My last wrangler wouldnt even make any noise

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I checked my car and its similar but more subtle. I wanted to check whether holding a higher RPM changes the noise but I can no longer hear that over the engine. And it will be a while before it gets cold here. Maybe its starting to engage the 1st/ 2nd syncho at that point. You could go to the dealership and see how a new car compares to your car.

Does the car shift fine in all the gears, aside from the cold weather shifter noise ?

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I am having this noise coming from the transmission when I push it toward driver side or engage 1/2/3 gear, especially loud in cold temperature. The noise will minimize after the car runs about 20minutes. What is wrong with it? it bugs me so much to hear that noise.

check out the you tube video, you will see what i m talking about.

Stop doiong that why should you be pushing the shifter to the L in neutral...and stop nitpicking every little noise. There's zero reason that you're doing that, it's driver induced. Stop it. :shrug:

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
I checked my car and its similar but more subtle. I wanted to check whether holding a higher RPM changes the noise but I can no longer hear that over the engine. And it will be a while before it gets cold here. Maybe its starting to engage the 1st/ 2nd syncho at that point. You could go to the dealership and see how a new car compares to your car.

Does the car shift fine in all the gears, aside from the cold weather shifter noise ?
yea this is like getting very very loud in gear 1 I press hard on accelerator, the harder i press the louder it gets.

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
Stop doiong that why should you be pushing the shifter to the L in neutral...and stop nitpicking every little noise. There's zero reason that you're doing that, it's driver induced. Stop it. :shrug:
well dont we all shift by pushing to left first then enter 1/2 gear? and noise just get very loud if i put it on 1st gear and accelerate hard. It is like something inside vibrates with the RPM
Sponsored