Dream of having a GT350

ravengenesis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rai
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Oxford White
Totally gt350 for everything it is, except I have no track to really enjoy it. Freeway and streets are easily handled by my GT already... :( Then there is the GT500 for sound and power coming soon.
Sponsored

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I went from a '16 GT 5.0 to a '16 GT350 Track Package. I tried to get a Shelby but waited too long, and ordered the 5.0. This 350 fell in my lap at the right time and I pulled the trigger...

If you haven't driven one, you won't understand. The voodoo engine and exhaust note ALONE is worth the price of admission...

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I did when I first took my 16 GT Premium for an oil change and saw one on the showrom floor. 3 hours later, I drove out with my 17 GT350.
That's awesome!

My parents live on Rt. 590 in Hamlin. I'm hoping to get my Mustang up there someday to drive those great roads, but I doubt I'll ever make the 1500 mile round trip...

JR

Mt-82 whine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' 5.0
I wanted one and COULD afford one, but really couldn't justify the cost difference.

I already had a '14 GT Prem. Convertible and had found a buyer and dealership to do a courtesy trade at. That dealership also had a GT350 for $5k ADM or I could special order a '17 GT at invoice price + a nice "special rebate".

So the price breakdown would have been something like this...

2017 GT Premium PP, with Nav & leather Recaros:
$43k sticker - dealer off & rebates = approx. $38,400 - $29,600 trade = $8,800 + TTL.

vs.

2017 GT350
$60k sticker = min. $5k ADM = $65k - $29,600 = $35,400 + TTL

So after taxes, etc. I was looking at:

approx $10k for a loaded '17 GT Premium PP vs almost $40k for a GT350

4x's more made it an easy decision

And at a time I'm building a new house, and spending money on fixing up my current house to get it ready to sell. It really wasn't a good time to buy anything... but I said F' it and got the '17 GT anyway.

The biggest advantage of getting a GT350 is that I would probably spend almost zero upgrading it, as its nearly perfect stock and would retain its value more if left stock. Where with a GT, I'm probably going to spend $2-3k on wheels/tires, $1k on tune & parts, $2k++ on suspension parts, plus money on some appearance stuff. So in the end I'll probably drop $20k on the GT with the extra $10k in mods over time.
That last paragraph is so true. Really anticipating this 2018 refresh for an acceptable stock wheel setup, magride and a good factory exhaust.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
That last paragraph is so true. Really anticipating this 2018 refresh for an acceptable stock wheel setup, magride and a good factory exhaust.
+1

My brother lives out in League City man. Small world!

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So can everyone else and they don't perform as well as the 350. It takes a Z06 to be better than the 350 and there 110k, so almost 2 times the money.
They are 100K with 25K off MSPR now.
:cheers:

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I'd love to have a GT350. But the GT shot my budget wad. Not going to be able to come up with an extra $30k to make that trade.

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Funny thing about the 350 though, general public have no clue what Ford built. If I had a $1 for every time someone asks me if it's supercharged when they realize it's a Shelby, I'd be able to make monthly payments with it. Then, when I tell them no, they almost act disappointed as if it isn't suddenly that awesome. I just have to tell them, trust me, this car is pure insanity! Point is, the Shelby has to be for your enjoyment, otherwise general public are just as impressed with GT. That's okay with me, most of my driving has no witnesses anyway and is my outlet from day-to-day stress. For those of you wondering, the car is worth the $20K extra if you can afford it and truly enjoy driving. And others are right on too, I don't have to mod it. When I made my decision, I calculated my mod list I was going to put into my GT and I was within $5K of the Shelby and decided I would go for value retention + driving experience.

Honestly, every time I drive it, I think to myself there can't be a better experience for under $100K. Maybe a Z06? Even though I really like the Stingray and the upcoming 1LE and they have similar to better performance numbers, no way LT1 gives the exotic experience of GT350. jpilone is right, you just can't understand until you drive one, it's ridiculous in a good way.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
I would personally love one . As others have noted if you were to add up the mods done to a car over time it can come real close to a Gt350. Plus the resell value would be better then one with a modded up car.

However with all that said I would still never buy a gt350 at-least not until they make one in automatic lol. Yes I said it lol. I'm kind of stuck in my ways because I don't drive stick, I don't want to learn stick, and Ford will probably only keep making it in manual. Until that changes the dream has ended for me :/

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
So how many of you out there dream of having/getting a Shelby GT350 ... anyone else have the same cravings as me?
NO.

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
My local guy just sent me an email saying he has 4 2017 GT350's for MSRP.....Ugh..how tempting...While I can certinaly afford it I just have a principle issue to paying 60K for a car...have to think about it though. Hmmmm..a new home on 5-10 acres or a GT350...see the problem. LOL

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
My local guy just sent me an email saying he has 4 2017 GT350's for MSRP.....Ugh..how tempting...While I can certinaly afford it I just have a principle issue to paying 60K for a car...have to think about it though. Hmmmm..a new home on 5-10 acres or a GT350...see the problem. LOL
You aren't getting much of a home on 5-10 acres for 60k....

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I went from a '16 GT 5.0 to a '16 GT350 Track Package ... If you haven't driven one, you won't understand ...
Doesn't really have anything to do with "understanding", it has to do with what people's wants/needs are. I wanted an S550/auto without PP that preferably had larger factory wheels, and that's what I got.

... Really anticipating this 2018 refresh for an acceptable stock wheel setup, magride and a good factory exhaust.
The OEM 20" Foundry wheels and stock exhaust were totally acceptable and exactly what I wanted. Magride would've been nice, but definitely not a must have.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Hear, hear.

I'm tempted all the time to bump to a GT350, but I'd rather have my property - a very nice place on a wooded rural acre with five garage stalls - paid for before I'm 50 instead. I'm 47 now. :D

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I think it's fair to also assume some people want the traditional GT 5.0 car ...
Salute! Salute!

... the Premium makes the GT really, really nice.
I try to live by the KISS principle, but the Prem. had too may items I thought necessary (toggles/Shaker/larger screen).

I'd have a gt350 + my GT if I didn't have to pay for daycare for 2 kids. I like having a GT though. I can mod it out and not feel guilty.
Congrats, you're known as someone who lives in the real world. :thumbsup:
Sponsored