Sponsored

****Katzkin leather seats from Moddiction. Tons of colors and materials to choose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
Rich, unless the old retainer clip is rattling incessantly inside the pillar, I think I'd probably go to the dealer, and pick up a new one. Michael
I think you're right. I don't hear anything when I pound on it, so I ordered a couple clips online from Apple Parts. My dealer takes months to get parts.
Sponsored

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Well $25 later I have 2 new clips (1 spare), delivered today. So I'm ready to cut out the mirror section and finish the install. Most of the cost was for shipping. Delivery was just a few days.

And so far no rattling from the A pillar. The old clip is probably cushioned by the airbag. SomethingI don't really want to dig around blindly.

I have the part number should anyone need it.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
new leather visors

Here is the final result for my new redline visors.

The second pic shows that pesky clip that connects the visors to the car. It is very hard to remove it without damaging it. Or, as in my case, having it pop through into the A pillar. I replaced both with new clips I ordered online. Install was much easier.
IMG_4659.jpg
IMG_4658.jpg

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I have done all the seat covers - looks great but the cooling/heated seat wont work - any thoughts? We took the seats out checked everything all looks fine.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I have done all the seat covers - looks great but the cooling/heated seat wont work - any thoughts? We took the seats out checked everything all looks fine.
Did you order them with the special foam for seat heater/coolers? I did, and mine work as well as they did before. Maybe a little better because I put in 3rd party cooler intake tubes to improve the back cooling.

Only bad thing about the Katzkins is that they block the rear side exhaust area. I called them to see if that was a mistake, but they don't think it needs it. They are wrong about that, as the stock version overheats there even with their porous material. That's why I added the tubes. Got them from this forum.

Only other things are checking your fuses, and making sure all the plugs were firmly seated. But I'm guessing you did that already.

Reactions: car

Sponsored

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Did you order them with the special foam for seat heater/coolers? I did, and mine work as well as they did before. Maybe a little better because I put in 3rd party cooler intake tubes to improve the back cooling.

Only bad thing about the Katzkins is that they block the rear side exhaust area. I called them to see if that was a mistake, but they don't think it needs it. They are wrong about that, as the stock version overheats there even with their porous material. That's why I added the tubes. Got them from this forum.

Only other things are checking your fuses, and making sure all the plugs were firmly seated. But I'm guessing you did that already.
Yes I got the right foam - heating is working ok but cooling needs improving. I can hear the fan going and I'm guessing you are right about the exhaust - can you give me an idea how to do the tubes?:)
Thx very much. Great help.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
You have to replace the plastic intake vents inside the back of the seats with ones you get from this guy:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62139

The mod is less than $20, plus you have to buy pond tubing, which you can get from Home Depot. To put the mod in you will have to open up the seat and reach way up into the upper back. He gives instructions on how to do it, but it was much easier to do while I was installing the Katzkins. The screws are tiny, and doing them by touch has to be near impossible, especially since you have to get a screwdriver up there.

In the instructions he shows an option of cutting out some of the lower grey foam padding on the rear of the seat. I did this and I think it helped squeeze those tubes in, without crushing them.

FYI I installed my covers and mod in warmer weather. At first it didn't cool all that well. I think the holes in the perforations opened up more over time. Also some of the "punch" material from the holes may have come out. You might even try running a strong vacuum over the perforations.

Don't expect a dramatic change if you do the mod. It just helps a little. Unfortunately for us, the mod doesn't attach to the exhaust area of the fan, it goes to the air intake. The idea being to get cooler air up there from under the seat. Of course more cool air in should cut down on the fan overheating in the first place, which it does.

Good luck! :headbang:

Reactions: car

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Oops...nm didn't see the list was for Cardinal Red...

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
...Just got a quote here locally to install my Katzkin (not ordered yet)...it was 250.00 installed out the door. I will of course take the seats out myself and drive them over. I was expecting a much higher price than that....Moddiction..I will be hitting you up soon and ordering these covers!!!!

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
...Just got a quote here locally to install my Katzkin (not ordered yet)...it was 250.00 installed out the door. I will of course take the seats out myself and drive them over. I was expecting a much higher price than that....Moddiction..I will be hitting you up soon and ordering these covers!!!!
That is a very good installation price!

Sponsored

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
That's a very low price.I would want to know how many they have done. The kits come with door insert covers,are you going to take them off and in too? They don't look finished without this. Good luck.

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The company is well known in the Memphis area. They are a dealer for Katzkin as well, so I think its safe to say they've done a few. I dont know the exact number of Katzkins they've done, its Southern Automotive, so if you want to inquire about that, please do. As for door inserts, yes...I am going to take those out and over to them as well...maybe not with the seats, but they are going to go there...

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
The company is well known in the Memphis area. They are a dealer for Katzkin as well, so I think its safe to say they've done a few. I dont know the exact number of Katzkins they've done, its Southern Automotive, so if you want to inquire about that, please do. As for door inserts, yes...I am going to take those out and over to them as well...maybe not with the seats, but they are going to go there...
If they are a Katzkins dealer you should be good to go.Great price for you!

ThunderHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
OW EcoBeast
Lets start a list to see if we can get to 10 sets for the $499.99 shipped price.

Please add yourself to list if you are ready to but.

Copy list and add your username to the list.

Those that have said they were in so far:

1. jrock824
2. BlownStang15
3. CoyoteGriffin
Add me to this list

Cerberus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost (Magnetic)
Love my new Katzkinz!!

Just got my new Katzkinz installed. Decided to go with the "Ice Grey" color, graphite stitching and perforated insert (seat and back). They're a little darker than the pictures would suggest--a great color contrast with the graphite and black interior, and the Magnetic Metallic exterior color. I got the leather straps through a friend (from a wreck), and had them dyed to match.

Big shout out to Ryan at Moddiction for a great deal, following the expiration of the group buy. Great communication and service. Really happy with the way this turned out. Pic's below.

Michael
Katzkinz2.JPG
Katzkinz1.JPG
Katzkinz3.JPG
Katzkinz4.JPG
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.