Sponsored

Seriousy Ford Service cant even tighten an oil filter....

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
All of the people at the dealership turn stupid when the money has to flow back towards you. And speaking of stupid, maybe I am but how in hell do you get excessive oil pressure when the oil pump failed. To me it should be low to none.
Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
All of the people at the dealership turn stupid when the money has to flow back towards you. And speaking of stupid, maybe I am but how in hell do you get excessive oil pressure when the oil pump failed. To me it should be low to none.
Yeah, something doesn't make sense or I don't understand how the oil system on the Coyote works. The oil filter gasket on the Ford racing filter is integrated into the filter. But I'll look at the rest of the FR filters when I get back to my shop.

OP
OP
Chris796

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Yeah, something doesn't make sense or I don't understand how the oil system on the Coyote works. The oil filter gasket on the Ford racing filter is integrated into the filter. But I'll look at the rest of the FR filters when I get back to my shop.

This is on an EB, not 5.0. From what the service director said, they think a piston got stuck in the oil pump causing the high pressure.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] Any insight on who I need to speak to about a buyback due to inherent loss of value
what are you expecting? are you looking to get another ecoboost or completely different car?

OP
OP
Chris796

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
what are you expecting? are you looking to get another ecoboost or completely different car?
Either EB or GT, I don't care, I just do not want this one anymore. I'd obviously pay the difference if I went up to a GT. Not expecting them to just throw a $40,000 car at me.

It's not the fact the engine has to be replaced that I have an issue with. If I planned to keep this car forever then I wouldn't care, but it was always my plan to trade it in when the MY18s came out. I have had several people, including two salesmen at the same dealership, tell me my car is no longer worth as much now that it has had the engine replaced. I don't want to get screwed down the line on trade in or resale value because of a some freak incident that cost me an engine in my brand new car. I paid $30,000 for a brand new car, not a new car with a replaced engine.

I certainly would not pay as much for a car knowing it had to have the engine replaced, almost every component from the a/c to steering is affected when doing a repair such as this. And seeing as it will be showing up on my Carfax report when the repair is complete, there's no telling how much I will be able to get for it when it comes time to sell it or trade it in.

Hopefully between Berge, Ford and I, we can come up with something. Because this is unacceptable. I am not going to eat ANY amount of money in resale value lost due to this incident.

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hence why I am trying to get them to buy it back and get me into something else. Even had one of their salesmen tell me ''You don't want to see my appraisal if it has to have an engine replaced''

Ford Warranty authorized them to start tearing into the engine to figure out what happened. Dealer is saying there is noooo way their tech didn't put the oil filter gasket on, and Ford Warranty is saying there is no way the oil pump piston stuck to get to high enough pressure to blow out the oil filter gasket without causing other damage. So now it's a battle between them on who is paying for it.

At this point I just need to know who will be buying the car back, because I no longer want it. :frusty: :(

So far my local Ford rep has still not returned my calls but everyone over at Ford Corporate has been great when I called, the people over at Berge Ford have been less than helpful and quite unpleasant to deal with. Waiting to speak with their GM...
[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] Any insight on who I need to speak to about a buyback due to inherent loss of value
Hi Chris796,

This isn't the experience we want for you. Do you have a case number from Ford Corporate? Please PM that or your VIN; I'll check into this.

Rachel

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
Failed pump will generate less pressure not more. Also there is a pressure relief for the case where excess pressure is being built to make sure ur filter doesnt become a puffer fish. Dealership is trying to convince you it is a fault of engine not their work.. wtf

DrElectron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Manual Lightning Blue
High pressure could be caused by clogged oil filter with defective bypass. Plus, from another website:

"A potential cause of high oil pressure is a blocked oil passage. This can be pretty serious, particularly if the passage has been blocked for some time, starving the engine of the oil it needs for lubrication. A good sign of a blocked passage is lifter tap – an oil leak at the cam assembly (to the cylinder head gasket) is another good sign. If the engine has been starved for oil for very long, chances are good that damage has occurred."

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
There is zero chance the tech didn't have the gasket in there. It would gush oil immediately.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chris796

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Failed pump will generate less pressure not more. Also there is a pressure relief for the case where excess pressure is being built to make sure ur filter doesnt become a puffer fish. Dealership is trying to convince you it is a fault of engine not their work.. wtf
High pressure could be caused by clogged oil filter with defective bypass. Plus, from another website:

"A potential cause of high oil pressure is a blocked oil passage. This can be pretty serious, particularly if the passage has been blocked for some time, starving the engine of the oil it needs for lubrication. A good sign of a blocked passage is lifter tap – an oil leak at the cam assembly (to the cylinder head gasket) is another good sign. If the engine has been starved for oil for very long, chances are good that damage has occurred."
There is zero chance the tech didn't have the gasket in there. It would gush oil immediately.
Yeah I'm leaving it up to Ford and the Dealership to assign blame, at this point we've started the goodwill buy back process and I'm hoping it'll be resolved in a week or two.

But just my luck I was rear ended in my rental yesterday coming home from work, I just can't win this week it seems.

30159904970_61b3a85724_c.jpg

OP
OP
Chris796

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Forgot to update:

10/29: I finally picked up the car after having the engine and two other pages of stuff replaced, still waiting Ford's decision on buying the car back but don't have high hopes after speaking to the dealership GM.