OP

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Thanks to everyone who responded! Great suggestions, will implement on the GT350 as well as the rest of my current fleet of vehicles!
Sponsored

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Yeah ONR is the best. No risk like waterless, and the no rinse is REAL.

Two bucket method. One water for cleaning the towel/sponge, one with the ONR mixture. Clean it constantly, and keep the dirt out of the clean bucket.

Easy.
I use this same method but once a month I also apply Opti Seal over my Opticoat. If you don't have OptiCoat the Optiseal is supposed to keep 6 months plus. Give it a try.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
+1 for adams polishes

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium OW 10spd
I have always used chemical guys products. From their soaps to their waxes, nothing but great experiences with them. I can speak HIGHLY to their waterless car wash. It's not meant for after off roading cleaning type of use but it works great for daily driving end of week washes. I would highly recommend it. I've recently purchased Meguiars waterless wash to compare how they work.

SfSerge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Evolution: 2015 Mustang Perf Prem
+1 for the optimum no rinse, its awesome and leaves a crazy shine

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Waterless works fine, but rinseless is where it's at. Rinseless washes are safe, and the end result will usually look better than a 2 bucket wash.
Yes sir!! :thumbsup:

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I have always used chemical guys products. From their soaps to their waxes, nothing but great experiences with them. I can speak HIGHLY to their waterless car wash. It's not meant for after off roading cleaning type of use but it works great for daily driving end of week washes. I would highly recommend it. I've recently purchased Meguiars waterless wash to compare how they work.
Yea, their waterless stuff works great. Like you alluded to, just don't wash a super dirty car with it. I keep a bottle of waterless wash around purely for stuff like cleaning door jambs, engine bays, and even stuff like the underside of the trunk.

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Here's another vote for ONR. I'll throw in a protip as well. While the 2 bucket method is the bare minimum, there's a better way. Go buy a 30-pack of microfiber towels at costco (12-15$ at most). Make 2 gallons of ONR mix, and soak about 6 or 8 towels in there. Use one towel per panel, and fold the towel so you always have a fresh side. Put some ONR mix in a spray bottle to cool the surface down and provide some initial lubrication. This way, there's no need to use 2 buckets, and zero danger of cross-contamination into your wash bucket.

hegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT Premium
I came across this stuff by surf city garage called "water saver rinse free wash & wax". the bottle suggests 4oz in 5 gal bucket but I mix up 1oz per gallon in a spray bottle and have used it exclusively on all of my cars for the last year without any swirls, or scratches to show from it. super inexpensive too. dunno what kind of wax is in it but it works. after washing the paint feels like its been clayed. anywhoo... that's my vote, funnily enough I found it at the Chevy dealer when my co-worker bought himself an SS.

my regiment when needed

1)Surf city waterless wash.
2)Clay entire car
3)Polish with DA using various product (usually m105 and m205)
4)Wolfgang glaze
5)Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant

other than that I just use the waterless wash when needed... last thing. make sure whatever product you use.... use quality microfiber towels. none of the walmart or costco specials.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I have used ONR in the past with great results. I currently use Adams Rinseless wash regularly with the waterless wash in between for lighter washes. All of these work great. I never use a hose and water with my car, I don't have a garage and I drive the car through New England winters. After two years of owning the car, the paint still looks great. I do have Opticoat on it which I am sure helps, but for the elements this car faces the rinseless and waterless products do their job without damaging the finish.

Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
I get a little confused with the waterless versus rinse less products. I've been using the Meguairs waterless product for a year now and have had great luck. I like the fact that is has a level of wax in it also. Does the Adams, ONR and CG's waterless product have a wax in it also?? Wouldn't mind trying something different that I can purchase in bulk like 1 gallon.

_
meguiars waterless wash.jpg

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Rinseless - uses water and solution mix in a bucket, apply using a towel.
Waterless - Usually out of a spray bottle, simply spray and wipe off.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Rinseless - uses water and solution mix in a bucket, apply using a towel.
Waterless - Usually out of a spray bottle, simply spray and wipe off.
So the waterless sounds like a premixed rinseless. Do the rinseless products usually have wax in them also?

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So the waterless sounds like a premixed rinseless. Do the rinseless products usually have wax in them also?
Some do, ONR specifically makes a rinseless with Wax, I believe Adam's does as well (but don't quote me haha).

With a Rinseless, you can make either a waterless wash (spray solution) or a rinseless wash (bucket application solution) depending on how much you dilute it.
Sponsored