Sponsored

Best Fitment Quality & Finishes Mustang wheels: Project 6GR 5-FIVE Spoke GT350

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Props for trying to offer something different than what is currently out there.

A couple of suggestions.

1) Enlarge the lug holes to allow for stock lug nut fitment. Yes, the smaller holes are more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. But they aren't optimum from a strength perspective and can be problematic when trying to source a thin wall socket when you are in the middle of nowhere with a flat and you left your "special socket" at home. This would mean changing some other dimensions on the wheel face that you currently show that would change the appearance, however slight.

2) The inner wheel barrel diameter needs to be made larger. Moving the ribs would help with caliper clearance but at this stage I'd recommend something more. Might not be simple what with the spun forging method you want to use but it really should be done. The 6GR wheels are a great alternative to the factory R CF wheel but lack woefully in the clearance department. It'd be nice if you could free up some caliper to wheel clearance this time around.
Ding, ding, ding... exactly. Small lug openings may be aesthetically pleasing but hell on the utility.
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Why do you need caliper clearance ? I had a credit card worth on clearance on my other car whats the issue? or the potential issue?

Props for trying to offer something different than what is currently out there.

A couple of suggestions.

1) Enlarge the lug holes to allow for stock lug nut fitment. Yes, the smaller holes are more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. But they aren't optimum from a strength perspective and can be problematic when trying to source a thin wall socket when you are in the middle of nowhere with a flat and you left your "special socket" at home. This would mean changing some other dimensions on the wheel face that you currently show that would change the appearance, however slight.

2) The inner wheel barrel diameter needs to be made larger. Moving the ribs would help with caliper clearance but at this stage I'd recommend something more. Might not be simple what with the spun forging method you want to use but it really should be done. The 6GR wheels are a great alternative to the factory R CF wheel but lack woefully in the clearance department. It'd be nice if you could free up some caliper to wheel clearance this time around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I like these a lot. Any actual wheels on a car yet?
No images of the wheels on the vehicle yet. We are working on some renderings for you guys. I will share with you as soon as I have them ready.

If it's lighter I wouldn't mind the look
The Five's should be a bit lighter than the Seven's. I will confirm with you guys as soon as I get the wheels in.

Are the 18s the GT350 fitment? im very interested in that.
The 18's are actually geared towards the GT fitment not the GT350. :headbonk:

Can you please confirm caliper clearance for this style, is it the same as the 6GR R specs?
The clearance on these will be the same as the Seven's.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Sponsored

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
Ideally want 3-5mm for track duty due to debris mixed with rubber bits that will damage the wheel and caliper.
Don't forget wheel flex. Yes, the wheels flex on track. We had an issue with certain wheels with the StopTech brakes on my SN95. No issues until we started doing hot laps then they started to clearance themselves.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Will Patrick finish be available?
We work with the number 1 finisher here on the west coast so if you really would like Patrick Star on your Stang, we can make it happen. :thumbsup:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Good evening fellow enthusiasts, we are excited to present our first rendering of the new Project 6GR -Five wheels in the thin spoke design.

We received a lot requests and inquires on possibly redesigning the wheel with thinner spokes. The enthusiasts have spoken and we are all ears. It's how we we designed and built the original Project 6GR- Seven wheels. We truly appreciate all the support and feedback we continue to receive to be able to translate those requests into the finished wheel. :cheers:

The thinner spoke design will reduce the unsprung rotation mass and also allow for those awesome braking systems to show more.

Here we have our good buddy Nathan Brummer's beautiful Ingot silver GT with the new Project 6GR-Five wheels as a render for your viewing pleasure.

We welcome your comments and suggestions as we are building our second design in collaboration with the Mustang 6G community and fellow enthusiasts.

We will be providing more renderings on the GT350 Shelby platform as we move forward with this project on different color combinations.

Let us know what you think.....

project-6gr-5-spoke-thin-black-01.jpg

project-6gr-5-spoke-thin-bronze-01.jpg

project-6gr-5-spoke-thin-RED-01.jpg

project-6gr-5-spoke-thin-silver-01.jpg
Sponsored