Sponsored

Mustang is number 1 wanted muscle car...duh!

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
GT

:headbang:If I can get my suspension put back together I'll be happy with my GT.
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Sooo let me get this straight, if I remove my back seats - is it still a 2+2 Coupe or is it a 2-2 coupe :lol:
Well...you're not wrong.
Well.....technically he is wrong. Cuz a 2-2 would be a 'zero' and it can still seat two.

But maybe call it a deuce coupe:shrug::shrug:

Sorry guys, but someone has to be the asshole....and I just qualified :lol:

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
It wasn't my first choice but I still like it.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
show me 2 grown ass adults in the back seat of these cars....
I know we are talking coupe. BUT.......

Myself and my son are both 6 feet tall. We got relegated to the back seat of my Vert this past summer when my daughter wanted to drive my car and the wife wanted to go as well.

We were fine sitting in the back seat with the top down. Didn't try it with the top up thou:shrug: But I am thinking it would have been a shit ride for us....:headbonk:

Sorry no pic..... We were all in the car. :)

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
How accurate is that article? I got roasted for calling the S550 a muscle car before.
Who roasted you for calling the Mustang a muscle car? An idiot? :lol:

The S550 can be many things, actually... pony car, muscle car, sportscar...

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
The article is rubbish but a 2015-2017 is a muscle car...
435hp 400 lb ft = muscle car
That doesn't mean shit. The only reason people call it a muscle car would be the heavy ass weight of the damn thing. I'd prefer it lost 500 lbs and be called a sports coupe or pony car- it's best classification

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Take from this what you will......

Muscle car
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1966 Pontiac GTO is an example of a classic muscle car
Muscle car is an American term used to refer to a variety of high-performance automobiles.

[1] The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines muscle cars as "any of a group of American-made 2-door sports cars with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving."
[2] A large V8 engine is fitted in a 2-door, rear wheel drive, family-style mid-size or full-size car designed for four or more passengers. Sold at an affordable price, muscle cars are intended for street use and occasional drag racing.
They are distinct from two-seat sports cars and expensive 2+2 GTs intended for high-speed touring and road racing.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
That doesn't mean shit. The only reason people call it a muscle car would be the heavy ass weight of the damn thing. I'd prefer it lost 500 lbs and be called a sports coupe or pony car- it's best classification
or they call it a muscle car because it has over 400hp and a v8 and has historically been a muscle car. maybe if you got a bigger engine it wouldn't seem so heavy muahaahahahah :)

Sponsored

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Calm down bro.. it's just his opinion.

435 HP, 400 lb trq in a rumbling V8 coupe.. That's muscle. It can also technically be known as a Pony car as well.

The image of a Mustang GT, burning rubber, exhaust sounds will always have the muscle car image. If the GT gets a twin turbo V6 in the future.. No one will look at it as a muscle car anymore. :(

Pong Lenis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt auto custom packet

435 HP, 400 lb trq in a rumbling V8 coupe.. That's muscle. It can also technically be known as a Pony car as well.

The image of a Mustang GT, burning rubber, exhaust sounds will always have the muscle car image. If the GT gets a twin turbo V6 in the future.. No one will look at it as a muscle car anymore. :(
i hope that never happens..no american car without a v8 is a muscle car..

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP

I've ALWAYS classified the mustang as the sportiest of the trifecta; the camaro, challenger/charger(only true muscle car imo). I wouldn't even classify the high revving DOHC coyote a muscle engine. It seems like it can be put in a Porsche which is what Matt actually featured in his newer video on TST

Would you call the c63 amg a muscle car?

Pong Lenis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt auto custom packet
nope only american v8's are muscle cars..
plain and simple answer..even if say a v6 has say 1000 000 hp it will never be a muscle car

Strict Definition of a Muscle Car:

A muscle car, by the strictest definition, is an intermediate sized, performance oriented model, powered by a large V8 engine, at an affordable price. Most of these models were based on “regular” production vehicles. These vehicles are generally not considered muscle cars, even when equipped with large V8s. If there was a high performance version available, it gets the credit, and not the vehicle that it was based on.

Examples: Buick GS, Chevrolete Chevelle SS, Dodge Charger R/T, Ford Torino/Cobra, Plymouth GTX, Plymouth Road Runner, Oldsmobile 442, Pontiac GTO

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
I've ALWAYS classified the mustang as the sportiest of the trifecta; the camaro, challenger/charger(only true muscle car imo). I wouldn't even classify the high revving DOHC coyote a muscle engine. It seems like it can be put in a Porsche which is what Matt actually featured in his newer video on TST

Would you call the c63 amg a muscle car?
Remember, it's not all about V8 and high horsepower (Corvette, V8 BMW, etc are never known to be muscle cars) to be considered a muscle car.. it's all about reputation. Camaro, Mustang and Challenger has that reputation linked from back in the days..

Real, true muscle cars died already and the the Big 3 will be thought of when people think of modern day muscle cars.

The 5th Gen Camaro and S197 Mustang had more muscle image than the the 6th Gen and S550 however.
Sponsored