Sponsored

Gt 5.0 vs 2017 Camaro 1LE

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
The GT PP is a small upgrade over a GT that improves handling without consequence to the overall dynamic.

Small upgrade?

GT Performance Package3 includes unique front
air splitter; strut-tower brace; larger radiator; upsized
rear sway bar; heavy-duty front springs; unique
chassis tuning; Gauge Pack (oil pressure and vacuum);
K-member brace; Brembo 6-piston front calipers;
19" x 9" Ebony Black-painted aluminum front wheels
with 255/40R19 summer-only tires2; 19" x 9.5" Ebony
Black-painted aluminum rear wheels with 275/40R19
summer-only tires2; unique electric power-assisted
steering, ABS and electronic stability control tuning;
Engine Turn aluminum dash panel; spoiler delete; and
3.73:1 gear ratio with TORSEN helical gear differential

Pretty minor stuff there for sure. Especially the Torsen and 6 piston Brembos. Not much value there for sure.

{Removes tongue from cheek}

They also don't mention all the suspension pieces that are unique to the PP, go through the Ford Performance suspension bits and look for "included on Performance Pack". You'll see lots of stuff. That's the "unique chassis tuning".

The only thing I covet from the Gen 6 Camaro is its weight (or lack thereof) but given how much more it costs than a Mustang it's just not worth it.

The PP has to be one of the best bargains around these days.
Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Small upgrade?

GT Performance Package3 includes unique front
air splitter; strut-tower brace; larger radiator; upsized
rear sway bar; heavy-duty front springs; unique
chassis tuning; Gauge Pack (oil pressure and vacuum);
K-member brace; Brembo 6-piston front calipers;
19" x 9" Ebony Black-painted aluminum front wheels
with 255/40R19 summer-only tires2; 19" x 9.5" Ebony
Black-painted aluminum rear wheels with 275/40R19
summer-only tires2; unique electric power-assisted
steering, ABS and electronic stability control tuning;
Engine Turn aluminum dash panel; spoiler delete; and
3.73:1 gear ratio with TORSEN helical gear differential

Pretty minor stuff there for sure. Especially the Torsen and 6 piston Brembos. Not much value there for sure.

{Removes tongue from cheek}

They also don't mention all the suspension pieces that are unique to the PP, go through the Ford Performance suspension bits and look for "included on Performance Pack". You'll see lots of stuff. That's the "unique chassis tuning".

The only thing I covet from the Gen 6 Camaro is its weight (or lack thereof) but given how much more it costs than a Mustang it's just not worth it.

The PP has to be one of the best bargains around these days.
The price between a GTPP and 1SS is about a grand. I think both the GTPP and 1SS are performance bargains. But yeah. I agree. Anyone who says the PP isn't that big of a jump from the base, hasn't driven them back to back.

16COEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Considering the Camaro get the big brakes front and back, better tuned Magride, bigger and better tires, more aggressive aero work and both diff and trans coolers. Yes it's small. But what I was getting at is just about every magazine got a GT PP for their tester and almost none complained about the ride. Every single review of the 1LE I've read complains about the harshness of the ride.

Now Ford could have went with a 285/305 tire setup, we know it fits. Added a diff cooler from the GT 350. A more aggressive spring and shock setup. But they didn't. Yet. They didn't I would guess because it would turn off alot of prospective buyers. They figure if someone is looking for a track hog, they'll buy the GT350.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Considering the Camaro get the big brakes front and back, better tuned Magride, bigger and better tires, more aggressive aero work and both diff and trans coolers. Yes it's small. But what I was getting at is just about every magazine got a GT PP for their tester and almost none complained about the ride. Every single review of the 1LE I've read complains about the harshness of the ride.

Now Ford could have went with a 285/305 tire setup, we know it fits. Added a diff cooler from the GT 350. A more aggressive spring and shock setup. But they didn't. Yet. They didn't I would guess because it would turn off alot of prospective buyers. They figure if someone is looking for a track hog, they'll buy the GT350.
Where have you read that the 1le has a harsh ride.:confused:

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS

The old 1LE yes. The new one, it's just as comfy as the normal SS when in tour

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
:lie: zl1 super car :lie:

:lol:

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
The price between a GTPP and 1SS is about a grand. I think both the GTPP and 1SS are performance bargains. But yeah. I agree. Anyone who says the PP isn't that big of a jump from the base, hasn't driven them back to back.
Yeah all the GTPP needs is non shitty tires and i think it'd give the 1SS a run for its money around a track.

Pong Lenis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt auto custom packet
both great cars guys.
gen5 camaro is very close to our mustangs performance and handling wise.
i imagine the gen6 camaro to be amazing..
too ugly and too expensive though..they destroyed the styling imho

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado

Yeah except the limited production makes it painful to obtain and too expensive.

Some of us want a car we can take to the track and beat up a little bit without obsessing over rock chips and rubber marks.

It would be ideal if Ford could just make a real track pack for their high production car.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Yeah except the limited production makes it painful to obtain and too expensive.

Some of us want a car we can take to the track and beat up a little bit without obsessing over rock chips and rubber marks.

It would be ideal if Ford could just make a real track pack for their high production car.
Something like a LS pack like the boss had. Or just offer a box to tick for frpp packages factory installed. I wish they would just offer a drag package for the drag racers, a REAL handling package for guys that want it and a base.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Agreed. Just offer it as an option package for the guys that want to turn the steering wheel at the track.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Well we know the 2018 is offering a second Performance Pack.
That doesnt mean its for drag racing with different spring rates, smaller calipers for the option to run 15s, better rear bushings for drag, like frrp rear end bushing kit. Thats just a power package most likely. It doesnt mean its for the handling guys either

ecoboost1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 white on white