Sponsored

Street Scene 3-Piece/Ducktail Spoiler - Quality Issues w/ Polyurethane?

climbiterp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey everyone. So I'm very interested in the Street Scene spoiler but I'm worried as I have seen threads here and negative reviews on vendor sites mentioning that the spoiler is prone to warping because it's made of polyurethane.

I've contacted Street Scene directly asking if there was any way to modify the spoiler to ensure it holds up long-term such as coating the inside or outside of the wing with fiberglass. They simply told me not to do that but did not provide any alternative nor did they address the negative reviews I mentioned in my inquiry. In my research the reviews of the spoiler have been mostly positive but every negative one was about the warping.

My runner-up spoiler is the Trufiber fiberglass version of their spoiler. I just want to buy one spoiler that will last the life of the car and not mess around otherwise. Any advice/tips/information from Street Scene spoiler owners, people who have bodywork experience, etc.?
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Guy I know has one and it has warped like crazy. If it sits out in the sun, it will warp. It's a do not buy as far as I'm concerned.

16stangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Would like to hear from others who have this spoiler concerning any quality/fitment issues..

I personally think it's about the best looking spoiler being offered but don't want to end up with unnecessary issues...

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Would like to hear from others who have this spoiler concerning any quality/fitment issues..

I personally think it's about the best looking spoiler being offered but don't want to end up with unnecessary issues...
It does warp if you leave it lying about. Any competent shop can heat it up and shape it back up. Mine was insanelu twisted

16stangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How about once straightened and painted/installed?

My car is garage kept so it won't be sitting out for extended periods in the weather, nevertheless I don't want it to warp/deform once installed...

Sponsored

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
How about once straightened and painted/installed?

My car is garage kept so it won't be sitting out for extended periods in the weather, nevertheless I don't want it to warp/deform once installed...
Once installed it wont warp

16stangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've currently got the stock gt lip/spoiler, will I have to have the factory holes on the deck lid filled in and repainted or will the Street Scene adhere right over them?

Are there any bolts/etc used or just 3m tape?

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Anyone got picture of it installed

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I also really like the look of that spoiler, but went with a 350 track pack wing. I can't speak to the quality of that particular part, but I have had a few things from Street Scene on my old 2005 and had no issues. Actually I did have one and the customer service was top notch and it was solved.

So my experience, great parts, great customer service.

Sponsored

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
I've currently got the stock gt lip/spoiler, will I have to have the factory holes on the deck lid filled in and repainted or will the Street Scene adhere right over them?

Are there any bolts/etc used or just 3m tape?
Just 3m. I think it does cover the holes. If u use vht it wont come off. I had to take it to a shop to take it off

OP
OP

climbiterp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey guys, just wanted to update this thread with a response I got from Street Scene when I followed up with them about this rash of negative reviews:

"Being completely honest with you, we’ve sold about 1,000 of these since we released them last year, and I’ve had 5 back for warranty, 2 or 3 of which had the problem you described. --- The problem you have described is due to the part folding under its own weight when not in use. 9 times out of 10 it can be corrected by simply laying the part out naturally supported, as it would be during installation, and leaving it out in direct sunlight for 8 hours in 80+ degree weather, or using a heated room. Urethane products have memory, so they always return to their original shape."

I think I'm going to take the plunge with Street Scene unless a similar 3-piece ducktail comes out in the next few months that is fiberglass.
Sponsored