Sponsored

How to bleed the clutch?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
You mean the hyd clutch doesnt have it's own reservoir?
There is no reason to. Back in the days they had separate is because different fluids were used. Now everything is the same.
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
No but you will want to try to bleed the system following the install. Use the correct pump to get it done.
The system does self bleed,i just did mine 6 days ago and replaced the throw out bearing and plastic line with steeda line.To Op,best way to do this is to pump the pedal very slowly and slow up and down strokes,this stops the aeration.It will take about 40 mins to get all the air out but also depends on if u change your line and hyd throw out bearing..Just takd your time the first pumps u may want to use your hand so u can pull the pedal back up.U DONT have to buy bleeder pumps and their is no bleed fittings.Just takes a little time.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The system does self bleed,i just did mine 6 days ago and replaced the throw out bearing and plastic line with steeda line.To Op,best way to do this is to pump the pedal very slowly and slow up and down strokes,this stops the aeration.It will take about 40 mins to get all the air out but also depends on if u change your line and hyd throw out bearing..Just takd your time the first pumps u may want to use your hand so u can pull the pedal back up.U DONT have to buy bleeder pumps and their is no bleed fittings.Just takes a little time.
Now I'm lost lol :lol:

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Pm if u would like,i just did mine along with who knows how many other clutches.Both ways work if your stressed for time get the vaccum pump,if time is no big deal do it the way i and many others have described.I when i say time,without a pump u can bleed it in about 40 ins.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
That description did sound like a xxx movie though LOL.

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
That description did sound like a xxx movie though LOL.
LOL

I think I will try your way since I don't want to buy a vacuum pump right now. I have a pressure pump and see no need for a vacuum pump yet. I am in no rush either, so I will give the infinite clutch pumping a shot. Thanks!

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Are u changing your throwout bearing too.If so just bench bleed it,keep the line in a bowl of brake fluid,make sure to keep it submerged the whole time and just keep squeezing the bearing until all the air bubbles stop coming out.Its simple man if u run into snags shoot me a pm and i will help u out the best i can.Remember pump the pedal slowly.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Are u changing your throwout bearing too.If so just bench bleed it,keep the line in a bowl of brake fluid,make sure to keep it submerged the whole time and just keep squeezing the bearing until all the air bubbles stop coming out.Its simple man if u run into snags shoot me a pm and i will help u out the best i can.Remember pump the pedal slowly.
I will be changing the clutch cable to the Steeda braided one. To be honest (noob alert), I don't know what the throwout bearing is lol. Should be be changing that too?

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Vacuum pumps are awesome for brake bleeds FYI.

Also, I work for a clutch company (One of the big three). It's rare for a clutch to truly self bleed completely. There is always air stuck somewhere in the system. Even if its a small amount

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vacuum pumps are awesome for brake bleeds FYI.

Also, I work for a clutch company (One of the big three). It's rare for a clutch to truly self bleed completely. There is always air stuck somewhere in the system. Even if its a small amount
Ok, now I am going to look for a vacuum pump lol.

I have a pressure pump for brake bleeding. In your experience, is there a difference or if one is better than the other (pressure vs. vacuum) for brake bleeding?

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I've got a Motive Power Bleeder(pressure), but it has a European brake fluid reservoir cap. Maybe I can find an American cap.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Ok, now I am going to look for a vacuum pump lol.

I have a pressure pump for brake bleeding. In your experience, is there a difference or if one is better than the other (pressure vs. vacuum) for brake bleeding?
Vacuum bleed for clutch. Pressure bleed for brakes! A clutch hydraulic system is inverted of what you find on a brake system. Normally you pump, brake the bleeder, then close the valve once you're to the floor. But the mechanics of the clutch master cylinder traps air when you do that

[MENTION=26707]Mootang[/MENTION]

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
So applying vacuum at the cap will suck the air out of the line? Am I reading this correctly??
I've always used one of the hand pumps at my brake calipers and sucked new fluid through the lines.
I have a vacuum pump for doing A/C work. Will that work if I can find correct caps?

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I've used one of these vacuum pumps half a dozen times to bleed brakes on my other vehicles. Would this work for the clutch, just curious. Sorry if I'm off base, not really sure where you would connect it too for the clutch fluid, just thought I'd ask.
mityvac bleeder.jpg
Sponsored