Sponsored

New for 2017 GT350

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
What's not to believe? No "tooling" changes are required. Any assembly changes would be entirely procedural or be affected by suppliers which probably have started in the supply chain already. Three paints get changed out which takes just a couple of days and can happen whenever they decide to make the last Orange, Deep Impact Blue and Guard (a real shame to go) - or by pushing out the first day each new color is scheduled. Believe it or not, these plants are pretty sophisticated.
With all due respect there were virtually no tooling changes required for the 2015MY to the 2016MY GT350's and yet some of the 2015 GT350's that were assembled in July 2015 were not received until January of 2016 because of numerous inefficiences.

I certainly agree that the Ford automotive plants are quite sophisticated in their build process but unfortunately not that efficient based on the fact that these car plants are subject to a supply chain that is consistantly very inefficient thus long delays for new MY to begin.

Just like driving down the interstate trying to make good time and we only can proceed as fast as the slowest vehicle is going in our lane of traffic. If all suppliers met their scheduled production and delivery time line then the factory would look much more efficient but of course they don't.

Bottom line is just as in the 2016MY don't expect any 2017MY GT350's for this summer as I don't see it happening but hope that I am wrong for all of those that placed orders.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
I should have quoted blondie who mentioned a possible refresh to the aesthetics (I assumed he meant a body refresh). Agreed no issue simply for the color change.

sorry i was referring to the "lesser" models. But this was because i remebered seeing photos of a car in camo but that is probably going to be for a 2018 refresh. sorry if I caused any confusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Even most non-stamped visual changes are handled almost entirely at the suppliers nowadays and a different part just enters the stream from a given point. They probably could cut over mid-shift if they REALLY wanted.

All such changes are approved months in advance and are ready to deliver to FRAP from a given date. Beyond stamping and paint, the overwhelming majority of what goes on at Flat Rock consists almost exclusively of mating parts that were brought in and staged from elsewhere.

XLR8R

XLR8R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Tech on order
2017 Pricing...Great info on the changes for 2017, but has anyone seen anything concrete on pricing?

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
2017 Pricing...Great info on the changes for 2017, but has anyone seen anything concrete on pricing?
Nothing yet, but it shouldn't be too long because I think the MY2017 order banks open up next month.

Sponsored

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
Sorry if this was answered already, but I didn't feel like reading all 27 pages. Does anyone think there's a substantial difference between the Convenience Package's "Audio system with 9 speakers" and the Electronic Package's "AM/FM/single CD with 9 speakers"?

Kung Fu English

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e92 M3 but a GT350 soon maybe
Sorry if this was answered already, but I didn't feel like reading all 27 pages. Does anyone think there's a substantial difference between the Convenience Package's "Audio system with 9 speakers" and the Electronic Package's "AM/FM/single CD with 9 speakers"?
Sync 3.

Kung Fu English

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e92 M3 but a GT350 soon maybe
Sync 3 is listed as being in both packages, so I doubt that's it.
Oh right. The diff in packages are the seats. Convenience is leather heated power seats. Electronic is standard cloth recaros.

Sponsored

scottmac2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th W.W. L.E.
Why they won't drop an option for an amazing stereo setup with quality speakers eludes me. The person that will drop money on a car like this does not want to spend another 3k on speakers and crap, along with the time and effort of an install. The system in my car is wonderful except for the lame speakers. I don't want to pull the entire car apart to put new ones in. My 1967 Mustang with Jensen triaxisials and an 8~track sounded better.
:crazy:
Switch out that 8track for a Craig Powerplay with Audiovox triaxles.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
we are not expecting any info out of the ny auto show this week are we? surprises maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored