Sponsored

bolt on A6, no stall 60' times?

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
mine seem to be lacking and now im wondering if its something with the car or if thats just all it has in it (find it had to believe).

i made almost 10 passes today and EVERY single one DEAD HOOKED at was 1.95-1.98. i was on nittos 555rs at 20psi. i know they arent the best, but it was dead hooking, so not the problem here... just not sure if something is wrong in the tune or if thats just all its got in it??
Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Sounds pretty normal. Are you break stalling it or just mashing it? My best came from a idle and zombie stomping it.

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
zombie stomping it LOL!!!

i literally tried it all. "zombie stomping" all the way to 1500rpm stomping. 1000-1500 were the 1.95, the higher 2.00 was from zombie stomping.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
mine went 2.0 every....single....time..... now i have a 5C stall and on the street today it feels like getting shot out of a cannon.... cant wait to see what it does at the track.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Sponsored

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
was the part where the car is DEAD HOOKING overlooked?? you want to run as much pressure as you can while still hooking, you only drop psi if you arent hooking as hard as you can...

was looking to see what other people are getting at this power level with stock stall, thats all the info im really after at this point

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
was the part where the car is DEAD HOOKING overlooked?? you want to run as much pressure as you can while still hooking, you only drop psi if you arent hooking as hard as you can...

was looking to see what other people are getting at this power level with stock stall, thats all the info im really after at this point
correct.... the higher the pressure the less rolling resistance the car has to overcome.

JayC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
So did you have all the nannies off? :shrug:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

Obviously you weren't dead hooking. These cars are capable of 1.7-1.8s on the stock stall, stock tires when they dead hook. Your sixty foot time tells you if your hooking or not. Your ET will tell you if something is off with your tune! Did you even bother to open the link? Keep cutting your 2.0 sixties with drag radials! If your not willing to try different things. Also keep taking advice from guys that cant drive for sh!t either. Rolling resistance? LOL F&*k rolling resistance. Work on getting maximum traction! If you quit worrying about rolling resistance your sixties will get better! Dudes with 2.0 sixties on drag radials. Backing up other dudes nonsense theories with 2.0 sixties on drag radials!:doh: Here's what dead hooking looks like from a guy that owns an 8 second car!. This is also what a 1.5 sixty looks like in a light bolt on 15 mustang. I'm telling you your doing it wrong! It's not the cars fault. The driver cant get it done! It's pretty clear from looking at your sig. You've had bad sixties in a couple different Mustangs. So I'm going with your present car isn't broke!

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]grj1Gh_OdT4[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:
OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
i have had multiple 1.5 60' cars and one that went 1.4, not my first rodeo. people watching the car said NO wheelspin. i know you are used to people who dont race getting on here and talking but im not that guy. the car seemed to bog on the line a little too (another indication of dead hooking). i actually contemplated uping the psi to get a little wheel spin to carry the rpms (like a fake stall). with a manual car, dead hooking meant bogging so wrapping the tire 1-2 rotations helped to hold the rpms up...

i did look at the link you posted (i actually remember it from back when it came out, and i had an ls1), they were in a 6 speed car launching way higher rpm than i can launch at, not to mention a 6 speed hits the tires way harder, of course they had more trouble getting it to hook.

I really appreciate your feedback on this and all other threads, you consistently give out good information so i am sorry we are butting heads here. I am telling you though, the car was hooking off the line. Next time i will be sure to have some one video the tire on the launch...

i did runs with nannies on (by accident) and off, no difference. Only thing i didnt do was pull the fuse (the nannies seem to be nearly turned off with the tune, i can do a burnout with them on??)

i have done some cruising around on here and it looks like its pretty rare to see a stock stall auto (bolt on car) faster than 1.88, interested to see all the cars that have gone faster ( i went to the track expecting 1.7s, thats why im disappointed and started this thread)

Sponsored

pat5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
mine seem to be lacking and now im wondering if its something with the car or if thats just all it has in it (find it had to believe).

i made almost 10 passes today and EVERY single one DEAD HOOKED at was 1.95-1.98. i was on nittos 555rs at 20psi. i know they arent the best, but it was dead hooking, so not the problem here... just not sure if something is wrong in the tune or if thats just all its got in it??
My best 60' was 1.699 on MT ET Street SS 285/40R18 with the stock stall (normally in the 1.72-1.75 range). Foot brake at 1500 and slam the gaz before leaving the brake.

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
My best 60' was 1.699 on MT ET Street SS 285/40R18 with the stock stall (normally in the 1.72-1.75 range). Foot brake at 1500 and slam the gaz before leaving the brake.
thanks, so i will have to see whats going on then. i am working to upload a video where i stalled 1200 then stomped it and its clear there was no wheel spin.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
i have had multiple 1.5 60' cars and one that went 1.4, not my first rodeo. people watching the car said NO wheelspin. i know you are used to people who dont race getting on here and talking but im not that guy. the car seemed to bog on the line a little too (another indication of dead hooking). i actually contemplated uping the psi to get a little wheel spin to carry the rpms (like a fake stall). with a manual car, dead hooking meant bogging so wrapping the tire 1-2 rotations helped to hold the rpms up...
)
So your saying your thinking about trying to spin more off the line??.....That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that. In my 30 years of racing. Well at least your trying something different.

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
[ame]

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
So your saying your thinking about trying to spin more off the line??.....That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that. In my 30 years of racing. Well at least your trying something different.
i agree, it sounds rediculous... all of my racing was with manual trans so i know what to do with those (1.4 60' on an 11.1 pass). if you dead hooked the car would bog, it was common to try to wrap the tires a rotation or two to keep the car from bogging and get it moving. Autos are different, didnt know if the same ideas might work??

watch the vid, if you see spin i will buy ya a drink (really a losing proposition since i would have bought you one anyways)

edit: we really have gotten way off topic here... i was just looking to see what kind of 60' bolt on cars with stock stalls can do pat5.0 demonstrated excellently, would like to hear about more though!
Sponsored