Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Those of your running Whipples with the Whipple tune in combination of Stainless Power headers(catted or O/R), are you still happy with them? Using foulers? Any issues?

I'm on the fence to add them while there's a great price on the table. If I get them, I'll be going catted and buying the O/R pipes. Run the O/R pipes 364 days a year and cats for that one special day.

Thanks all!
-Rob

PS: I've searched the hell out of the forums to make sure I couldn't answer my own questions.
Sponsored

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Whipple did not recommend to run o/r not even using foulers, they said I should run highflow cats

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I have the Whipple tune using the 02 extensions and no CEL. Don't think their tune uses the rears to calculate anything.

OP
OP
Evo_Rob

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Whipple did not recommend to run o/r not even using foulers, they said I should run highflow cats
Good point. I knew that had come up somewhere. I'd be fine with just having cats as long as no one has any complaints or has any knock issues.

I have the Whipple tune using the 02 extensions and no CEL. Don't think their tune uses the rears to calculate anything.
Thank you sir. Did you relocate your O2 bungs or leave them where they were? And are you using angled extensions?

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Good point. I knew that had come up somewhere. I'd be fine with just having cats as long as no one has any complaints or has any knock issues.

Thank you sir. Did you relocate your O2 bungs or leave them where they were? And are you using angled extensions?
I left them right where SW put them. Did someone says something somewhere about having knock issues?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Evo_Rob

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I left them right where SW put them. Did someone says something somewhere about having knock issues?
Yeah, I can't remember which thread(s) it was, but some people were having issues with hitting an A/C mount bolt and some had some phantom knock, but I don't remember which brands had the issues right now.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
they are one of our best sellers. shouldn't have any issues, let me know if we can help out

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
There were some guys relocating the bungs, but I think that issue is only with e85.

And when we did my SP headers i would've just taken a Dremel to that AC bolt, but it wasn't close enough to bother.

I'm N/A but the SP catless headers have been great and you can't beat that beefcake deal. I had a question mating them to the corsa sport and he called to help...on a Sunday

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
There were some guys relocating the bungs, but I think that issue is only with e85.

And when we did my SP headers i would've just taken a Dremel to that AC bolt, but it wasn't close enough to bother.

I'm N/A but the SP catless headers have been great and you can't beat that beefcake deal. I had a question mating them to the corsa sport and he called to help...on a Sunday
how we roll..... :)

wait is it sunday again?

time to check out though, it is 11 pm

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Yeah, I can't remember which thread(s) it was, but some people were having issues with hitting an A/C mount bolt and some had some phantom knock, but I don't remember which brands had the issues right now.
I just finished installing pypes longtubes o/r, and was told not to worry about the ac bolt,and guess what, it did hit it, its actually a stud with a nut so I was able to saw off the stud part that above the nut from above the engine bay, but if you take off the stock headers , you can easily acces the stud and take a dremel and take care of if,after installing headers its not a easy access. And yes The vibration off the stud hitting the headers would cause false knock

Sponsored
OP
OP
Evo_Rob

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
they are one of our best sellers. shouldn't have any issues, let me know if we can help out
PM'd!

I've been running them with no cats and the angled foulers for a year now. No issues
For the angled foulers, is there a certain position they need to be at? Like, with the with the "L" pointing forward or pointing downstream? Just curious

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
My SP headers have been great. I had some clearance between the stud and the header but just dremeled it off for assurance. Everything bolted up perfectly.
Sponsored