Sponsored

Now that my car is almost here, its time to go to work

Brendan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBC 2017MY Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
Hey members,

Now that my Pony is set to arrive late May, it has catapulted me into action on identifying exactly what mods I will put on the car. It adds up quickly! So far 20 mods on paper..

I am buying most parts from CJPP and Grill and Spoiler from American Muscle. I would be interested to hear those who have bulk purchased, what, if any learnings you had? Should I ship to LAX then look for a freight forwarder to do it all at once?

Also, I have seen some great full bumper to bumper gloss stripes on this forum, can anyone recommend a good place in Sydney that does them?

Also cleaning! my god - don't know where to start. I will get a Gerni from Bunnings but where are you all getting your products from? (snow foam etc) I heard Autobrite have great products, but can only find them in the UK?

So much to do and so little my wife wants me to spend!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

PS - starting to see a lot of Mustangs on the roads now. I was surrounded by 3 of them on the M7 the other day - they look great!
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Mustang76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black GT
Hey members,

Now that my Pony is set to arrive late May, it has catapulted me into action on identifying exactly what mods I will put on the car. It adds up quickly! So far 20 mods on paper..

I am buying most parts from CJPP and Grill and Spoiler from American Muscle. I would be interested to hear those who have bulk purchased, what, if any learnings you had? Should I ship to LAX then look for a freight forwarder to do it all at once?

Also, I have seen some great full bumper to bumper gloss stripes on this forum, can anyone recommend a good place in Sydney that does them?

Also cleaning! my god - don't know where to start. I will get a Gerni from Bunnings but where are you all getting your products from? (snow foam etc) I heard Autobrite have great products, but can only find them in the UK?

PS - starting to see a lot of Mustangs on the roads now. I was surrounded by 3 of them on the M7 the other day - they look great!
Hi Brendan, first you should talk to @2-STANG as he does a lot of bulk buys for the group, also talk to Fred @Vogtland Mustang for Borla exhaust and lastly check out @phil545 his strips from carbon demon. this should start you off in the right direction

I just expressed way to much man love for one day :doh:

OP
OP

Brendan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah thanks very much Drewbo! I notice you have OOT stripes, where did you get them done if you don't mind me asking?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Ah thanks very much Drewbo! I notice you have OOT stripes, where did you get them done if you don't mind me asking?
Mine are of the factory fading variety mate.

You can barely see them.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Brendan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you so much Dean!! Huge effort and yes plenty of man love there. Very much appreciate for you to take the time to point me in the right direction! I will reach out to those members!

Also great guess - I am looking at getting the Borla S-type exhaust!

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey members,

CJPP is usually one of the most expensive places to get Ford Racing Peformance Parts, try Levittown Super Centre instead for FRPP gear. http://www.levittownfordparts.com/2015-2017-ford-mustang-accessories-performance-parts-c-36_244.htmlinst

Also if you don't mind waiting you can order any product from Levittown through Pony Parts Australia as they are their Aussie distributor and you will save a bucket load on shipping if you don't mind waiting. I saved nearly $1500 going through them with my last order, not to mention you won't have to worry about import duty/taxes. E-mail Phil with what you want and he will look after you.

For Car cleaning products I recommend anything made by CarPro, Scholl Concepts and especially Concours, which you will find at Waxit https://www.waxit.com.au/. Concours Snow+ is an awesome foam wash, also highly recommend Concours Nova Jet as a monthly Spray Sealant in place of wax, the gloss and depth it adds will blow you away. Scholl Concepts Rim7 is hands down one of the best wheel cleaners I've used. Highly recommend getting a proper detailer to do a full paint correction and apply a long term/permanent Coating.

OP
OP

Brendan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Unkle Ed! excellent options and thank you so much for your help. There is just so much information out there, I go back and forth all the time on what I want to do to the car. Damn the long lead time that we have on these cars that provide us too much time to think!
Sponsored