Sponsored

Okay, so how does this a/c belt go back on?

Brian Z.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
We able to get the ATI balancer installed (thanks for the advice in the other thread after breaking the install bolt) but the a/c belt is giving me fits after removing it for the balancer install. Any tricks to getting it back on?
Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sub'd for my future OPG install.

ramirj2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium, 2003 350z, 1978 280z
Place the belt on the compressor side pulley and around the back of the ATI with the ribs facing the front
(Carefull with the oil pan lip) place a couple of zip ties through one of the long bolt holes on the ATI hub and wrap around the belt. Thight the zip ties and turn with a wrench the Cranck clockwise.
It will slip in. It is a stretch belt

Instructions from the Ford manual are on the web Ill see if I can upload these

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
The only way I have been able to do it. You need to remove the factory belt spring tensioner 13mm bolt. Then I slide the belt behind the ATI balancer. between timing cover and balancer with the grooves facing the balancer. then put belt on a/c pulley. Now i start the belt on the top side of the balancer around 11 o clock. And use a ratchet on the ARP bolt and rotate clockwise while holding the belt in the balancer grooves and walk it around. If it gets bound up Back it off and try again. If you force it you can tear the belt. and if you don't remove the stock tensioner it will tear the belt when it tries to go by. I have done it 4 times and only tore 1 belt. If someone else has a better way please LMK.

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
Place the belt on the compressor side pulley and around the back of the ATI with the ribs facing the front
(Carefull with the oil pan lip) place a couple of zip ties through one of the long bolt holes on the ATI hub and wrap around the belt. Thight the zip ties and turn with a wrench the Cranck clockwise.

You type faster than me LOL!

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
They actually make a little tool for this,i always get it when i buy the belts for the ford truck ac belt.With this tool u put the belt on the ac compressor,the tool rides on the rid of the balencer and forces the belt over top the balencer when u turn it,works great!!!.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I've done it hand a couple times now and I always walk it on the A/C compressor. I put it on the damper and then start it on the bottom of A/C pulley, turn the crank clockwise and keep pushing it on by hand.

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT

This is exactly how I did it, but I don't know what it's called, on engine block there was a spot to put zip tie in. I then tightened as I turned and it popped right into place.
Sponsored