Lightning Blue CONVERTIBLE

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
ABOUT to take the plunge. Dealer in Melbourne has Magnetic GT and can fit the Lustre Nickel Alloys.
Car in stock and on the show room floor.

Two other dealers quoting May delivery for LIGHTNING BLUE GT CONVERTIBLE with silver alloys.

Magnetic is great colour that suits the black top of the convertible on rare occasions I have the roof up.

Saw a fastback LIGHTNING BLUE in showroom few months ago and it took my breath away.

Does anyone know of a LIGHTNING BLUE CONVERTIBLE in Melbourne or nearby regional Vic - where I can check the colour on a soft top?

Thanks
Sponsored

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
Hey mate, your best bet is carsales and see who's got one and go down there and check it out in the flesh... when I purchased my soft top, I purchased without seeing hoping for the best... I got a ruby red and still till now I haven't seen a convertible. My car is due to arrive in about 2 weeks so I'm looking forwards to it.

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
I will find out if anyone in the m6g vic club has any lightning blue convertable.

Here is a grabber blue:

OP
OP
radar

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, thanks for that. Seen one Ruby, its equal second on my list. Looks pretty good. There is a four cylinder in Perth. I plan, coincidentally to be there in a fortnight so hope it lasts until then.
Few pics on internet but having seen the FB in real life - awesome- it's a colour that changes so much, you cannot pay a lot of attention to computer photos.
I'm partial to Grabber soft top, with Nickel Lustre rims.
Nearly buying a magnetic GT off the showroom floor in Melbourne - looks fantastic. Saw magnetic ragtop on road next day and it was like, ho hum. Knew I gotta at least sight a LB convertible before I buy.

OP
OP
radar

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
There is Ruby GT vert Private Sale with black wheels on Carsales. In Vic.

Sponsored

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
ABOUT to take the plunge. Dealer in Melbourne has Magnetic GT and can fit the Lustre Nickel Alloys.
Car in stock and on the show room floor.

Two other dealers quoting May delivery for LIGHTNING BLUE GT CONVERTIBLE with silver alloys.

Magnetic is great colour that suits the black top of the convertible on rare occasions I have the roof up.

Saw a fastback LIGHTNING BLUE in showroom few months ago and it took my breath away.

Does anyone know of a LIGHTNING BLUE CONVERTIBLE in Melbourne or nearby regional Vic - where I can check the colour on a soft top?

Thanks
SAW an LB Convertible in Power ford Sydney 2 days ago. Stunning

OP
OP
radar

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback.
Colours are personal. The Magnetic is available now, but saw one on the road and was underwhelmed. Have seen magnetic soft top in another show room and looked fantastic.

Before take the plunge - wanna at least eyeball a Lightning Blue convertible, cos the fast back I saw was breath taking.

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
Thanks for the feedback.
Colours are personal. The Magnetic is available now, but saw one on the road and was underwhelmed. Have seen magnetic soft top in another show room and looked fantastic.

Before take the plunge - wanna at least eyeball a Lightning Blue convertible, cos the fast back I saw was breath taking.
GB is one of those colours you have to eyeball.

We've had quite a few people say they've changed their order after seeing the boss's Ruby vert - just about every vert looks better with the top down.

Unfortunately, sometimes you need a roof.

Cheers

J

OP
OP
radar

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Yes, you are right
Most convertibles look better top down. Only a few look ok, roof up.
I reckon the fast back is a better looking car than the convertible.
But I love the whole top down business - last three or four cars have been convertibles. Got an MX 5 now - would never have got it had RHD Mustangs been available.
So I'm in no hurry.
Sure, if I take the Magnetic, it'll look great. Ruby Red is fantastic colour for convertible too.
Lightning Blue may look better.

Sponsored

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
So glad I ordered this colour, looks fantastic

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Not a convertible ut nice colour
IMG_20170226_202710.jpg

IMG_20170226_202126.jpg

OP
OP
radar

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the pics. Computer photos don't do the colour justice.
I can have the Magnetic convertible this week, but think I'll wait until I can eyeball a Lightning Blue soft top, then I'll know for sure.
Rang the Sydney dealer mentioned above - they had the LB but a customer order.
Had brand new race red GT soft top in stock at RRP. Offered to freight it to local Ford Dealer in Melbourne.

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
Radar

Where are you expecting to land on pricing (I am thinking about a vert in exactly those colours as well as there seem to be a few new ones available now in the next few months -order cancellations?)

Miro

OP
OP
radar

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Moto, hi
Did you buy the red convertible with black wheels for $72 990 driveaway in Sydney Ford dealer? Seems to be about the retail mark brand new driveaway. Add $500 more for Lustre Nickle silver alloys.
Qld dealer had brand new silver one in stock with silver alloys. Advertised for $69 990 driveaway.
Sponsored