Sponsored

Mustangs booked on Tonsberg(Toni) departing 25 FEB 17 arriving 26 March-05 April17

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I can do the Car Sales link on the phone but you can see it for yourself - GT convertible in Vic. New cars in stock.
https://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/details/Ford-Mustang-2017/OAG-AD-14259166/?Cr=1

Here is the advert... and is not actually in stock. From the vehicle comments:

"Showing an ETA of May 2017, in 4 months you can be out on the open road, wind in your hair in the latest version of the classic and original Pony Car."

In other words... it was ordered, the order was cancelled by the purchaser, and now its available for sale. The give away is the difference in the wheels. Not standard. But yes, seems to be less than RRP. Maybe the dealer has a non-refund deposit.
Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
The salesman sent me pics from the showroom floor.

They have spare set of Lustre Nickel alloys in stock.

I've sat in the vehicle.

You've got wrong ad. It's the "grey" in metro Melbourne with stock Ford photo.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
$74880 Drive away. As the ad says, don't wait 6-8 months. In stock now.

BrizSuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 Mustang GT
Not sure that's below RRP, but if you like it and are happy with the price, go for it!

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
There's been a silver new one in Qld that went for $69 990. Silver alloys, drive away. The ad is on file. They'd only deliver to Qld at that price.
Couple of used ones/ demos on car sales. Interstate (for me) Dealers will do them both for $63 K. Perth and Adelaide. By the time Victorian on roads and registration is factored in, plus transport, flights, very close to the price of the discounted new vehicle in Queensland.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rays67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Ruby red 67 GT Convertible
We'll just got another call from the ford dealer now looks like my car is going to be on the Fidelo leaving on the 9/3 not into Melbourne until 10/4 third time date has been pushed back ?

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
We'll just got another call from the ford dealer now looks like my car is going to be on the Fidelo leaving on the 9/3 not into Melbourne until 10/4 third time date has been pushed back ?
That sucks. My build date is after yours. So might drop a line to the dealer. He was suggesting the Tonsberg

Rays67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let us know what your dealer tells you mine was full of excuses and it was the junior salesman who called no point in ripping into him .l think it's time to pay them another visit in person!

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Let us know what your dealer tells you mine was full of excuses and it was the junior salesman who called no point in ripping into him .l think it's time to pay them another visit in person!
To be fair, I'm not sure they have much control.

Like I said, my dealer suggested my car would arrive at Port Kembla w/e 30th March, which suggests the Tonsberg. But if Ford US and WW aren't doing their thing, the dealer is not in any position to barter!

All I was cranky at my dealer for was getting my order number late to me, by which time it had been issued the vin and had been built.

sharks1in50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Ive left the dealer alone. If mine doesnt make the Tamesis i know i wont get it by April 1 as quoted. But sometime in April is still better than July-October i was originally quoted when ordering. My only concern is trying to get it before easter because if that delays it ill be pissed because i still work it so should the dockies and transporters

Sponsored

jd3v1l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Auto Shadow Black
mine also made it on the ship, finally making some progress

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
mine also made it on the ship, finally making some progress
Whats staggering is that recent "Received at Terminal" cars, some had build dates of mid December. That is some kind of inefficiency. Can't really see mine making the Tonsberg.

I am betting (hoping) now on the Fidelio - so really won't get the car now until May!

Rays67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your car was built in mid December and it still hadn't been shipped yet you would be wondering were it's been how do you forget about any car which is track on a system . Just shows how things do and can go wrong.

OP
OP

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Any car from Brisbane made to Tonsberg yet
Sponsored