Young driver's insurance for the Ecoboost

stamalex12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Fastback
Any under 25 year olds here that have any experience with insuring the Mustang EB or even GT?
Best quote I've gotten so far is $250 per month with $800 excess from CGU and then $311 from Elders with a huge excess of $1500 + $400 for being under 25yo.
Sponsored

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White EB Black Roof and Stripes
Have you tried Woolworth, Coles or Progressive online? They typically cheaper than others.

ozhood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 (Ordered), FG XR6, Ford Territory
It's a LOT cheaper for someone over 25 to insure in their name with you as a nominated driver than it is for an under 25 to insure directly.... run the numbers online with your insurer of choice and ask a close relative nicely if they'll help out.

Even if you provided them with entire excess amount up front to ease their mind, you'll' probably still come out way ahead. The difference when I looked to insure my daughters car was massive.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I am with Just Car currently, paying 128 p/month. Unfortunately they're shutting, so will be in your position soon. 24 y/o, GT.

Not sure who I'll go with, have a lot of mods too. Someone on here mentioned Famous the other day, might try them or Shannons.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
I am with Just Car currently, paying 128 p/month. Unfortunately they're shutting, so will be in your position soon. 24 y/o, GT.

Not sure who I'll go with, have a lot of mods too. Someone on here mentioned Famous the other day, might try them or Shannons.
Give shannons a ring. I've been very impressed with my dealings with them since I enquires. The inclusions are great and the full mod coverage is pretty rare.

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Give shannons a ring. I've been very impressed with my dealings with them since I enquires. The inclusions are great and the full mod coverage is pretty rare.
I will, policy isn't up until July. They don't insure under 25, but I will be very close by that stage.

A mate in Adelaide just had a quote from them for 2300 p/a with his mods though (24 y/o), so expensive.

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
It's a LOT cheaper for someone over 25 to insure in their name with you as a nominated driver than it is for an under 25 to insure directly.... run the numbers online with your insurer of choice and ask a close relative nicely if they'll help out.

Even if you provided them with entire excess amount up front to ease their mind, you'll' probably still come out way ahead. The difference when I looked to insure my daughters car was massive.
Just be aware when doing this though that if the insurance company finds out that the under 25 driver is the actual owner of the car and does the majority of the driving in that car that they will expect you to pay the difference in premium or may even void your insurance all together.

Last edited:
OP
OP

stamalex12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Fastback
Have you tried Woolworth, Coles or Progressive online? They typically cheaper than others.
Woolworths doesn't cover under 25 year olds and the other two quote me for over $4,000!!!

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White EB Black Roof and Stripes
Woolworths doesn't cover under 25 year olds and the other two quote me for over $4,000!!!
Wow didn't think it would be that expensive! :eyebulge:

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
i am 29 and progressive is qouting me $1600. i pay $600 for my golf =,=

breaker91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT