HyperAnthony

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.0 mustang
Felt propelled to make a post. I have ran VMP for as long as I had my car. I've been thru it all. I've pushed the VMP as hard as you could push it. I maxxed it out to the tune of 8.87 at 153. Wasnt enough so I put spray bars in it and sprayed it to a 8.6 at 157. After much talk of how a 2.9 Whipple couldn't compete I found myself wondering. Is this true? I didn't see many people pushing the Whipple hard like everyone is the TVS. So I gave Whipple a call and bought just a standard stage 2 Whipple kit. Put it on and WOW the difference. Not only does it 60ft better than the TVS. It makes CRAZY power with smooth driveability and the looks and quality is FAR FAR FAR superior. After just 2 days of track testing I have the Whipple to a 8.55 at 159 with no changes to the car. IATs are lower, car makes crazy torque and netted a 32mph backhalf. I'm just blown away at how efficient the Whipple is. Going to the Whipple now makes me wonder what took so long. #WhippleArmy
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen your video of the 1/4 mile absolutely incredible. Nice to see someone give a Whipple hell! Welcome to the Whipple family, I'm on my 5th :headbang:

Last edited:

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What pulley are you running? I know you have the Livernois shortblock, but if you don't mind, maybe post all the current mods?

I'm glad to see your pushing your Whipple, though. I'll be done with my build frame work towards the end of the year and then starting the engine build, so I'd like to see others

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
Felt propelled to make a post. I have ran VMP for as long as I had my car. I've been thru it all. I've pushed the VMP as hard as you could push it. I maxxed it out to the tune of 8.87 at 153. Wasnt enough so I put spray bars in it and sprayed it to a 8.6 at 157. After much talk of how a 2.9 Whipple couldn't compete I found myself wondering. Is this true? I didn't see many people pushing the Whipple hard like everyone is the TVS. So I gave Whipple a call and bought just a standard stage 2 Whipple kit. Put it on and WOW the difference. Not only does it 60ft better than the TVS. It makes CRAZY power with smooth driveability and the looks and quality is FAR FAR FAR superior. After just 2 days of track testing I have the Whipple to a 8.55 at 159 with no changes to the car. IATs are lower, car makes crazy torque and netted a 32mph backhalf. I'm just blown away at how efficient the Whipple is. Going to the Whipple now makes me wonder what took so long. #WhippleArmy
With results like this COMPLETE AND THROUGH mod list please!!! :D

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Once I have the coin for yall to build my motor ill be coming for ya! Great numbers.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
The Guillotine is a bad machine!

I am also happy to say this car uses 100% BMR Suspension from front to back (with Viking Shocks). The quickest 6R80 sixty foot time, being done with Whipple TQ, PBD tuning and BMR Suspension. Now that is a combo!
Ballard Guillotine.jpg

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Your car's badass man. Wish I saw the thing complete when I was up there a few weeks ago while you were helping Ken tune my car

GGordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, ProCharged
I raced a Whipple a couple of years ago (on a Mopar, not a Ford). 4th track day, 10th trip down the 1/4 mile it blew its chunky metal guts into my intake manifold. That was the last time I used a Whipple :) Best of luck to you on yours though... but I've since converted to centri style blowers :)

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I raced a Whipple a couple of years ago (on a Mopar, not a Ford). 4th track day, 10th trip down the 1/4 mile it blew its chunky metal guts into my intake manifold. That was the last time I used a Whipple :) Best of luck to you on yours though... but I've since converted to centri style blowers :)
The GGordon factor...making Mustangs great again!:crazy:

OP
OP
HyperAnthony

HyperAnthony

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.0 mustang
What pulley are you running? I know you have the Livernois shortblock, but if you don't mind, maybe post all the current mods?

I'm glad to see your pushing your Whipple, though. I'll be done with my build frame work towards the end of the year and then starting the engine build, so I'd like to see others
2.75 upper 20% lower. Comp stage 3 cams as far as your major mods

OP
OP
HyperAnthony

HyperAnthony

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.0 mustang
Once I have the coin for yall to build my motor ill be coming for ya! Great numbers.
Awesome bud. Looking forward to that!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
2.75 upper 20% lower. Comp stage 3 cams as far as your major mods
Awesome build and times .
How much boost ? That combo should make 24-25 psi with the stock cams but I am sure less with the Comp cams.

OP
OP
HyperAnthony

HyperAnthony

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.0 mustang
Awesome build and times .
How much boost ? That combo should make 24-25 psi with the stock cams but I am sure less with the Comp cams.
Around 22
Sponsored