Came back from dead

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Never thought it will happen to me, not yet at least.
Being 38 years old, in fairly good shape I have suffered a heart attack last Sunday (01/22/2017). Because of smoking and poor diet contributed to my current condition also, lack of continuous health coverage for many years prior to 2016 came back to hunt me now. I got beat up financially in 2008 by real estate collapse. It took me 7 years to get back on my feet. I have been happily married and have two awesome boys who are 3 and 6. I feel I have a lot of work to do and consider myself very lucky to be alive. My life has been changed forever now and I will gladly take this experience as opportunity to make it better.
For all of you out there, screen your cholesterol at least once a year and don't be afraid to call ambulance when you feel chest pain, timing is everything. Remember, you can enjoy the life as long as you are alive.
- Jacob
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Wow, scary. Glad you are still with us! Every day is a precious gift, we should always appreciate what we have while we have it.

Don

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP, Wipple Stage 2
Wow. I just lost a very close friend to a heart attack 1/20/17. He was in his late 60's. I'm glad you get a second chance, and at 38 you really do have your whole life ahead of you still. Plenty of time to get it all right and still enjoy many good years while you look back at all this as a very distant memory.

Best wishes, Jacob!

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
dang im 24 and was told my cholesterol was getting a little high and i weigh 130 lbs
this is definitely helping me make a change!

glad to know youre okay and have support off and on the forum!

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Must have been one hell of a scare, but I'm glad you're still with us Jacob. Get better soon :thumbsup:

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear you are still around to enjoy your family and the rest of life, take care of yourself and prosper.

TC :thumbsup:

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Having had a similar scare(not heart attack but severe palpitations) I understand to an extent what your going through. Its amazing what goes through you mind when something like that happens. I have a 4yr little girl and I've made some big changes in lifestyle to see her graduate. Speedy recovery to you!

OP
OP
Kuba

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Thank you all for your support and compassion. Although we've never met in person it's comforting to know that people like you, miles and miles away from me are compassionate and willing to offer support to someone ordinary like me. Thanks a million for your kind words, it means a lot to me.

Very first night after my heart attack I had a dream that I can't remember but there was one thing I actually was able to remember. I had a conversation with someone and been asked how old I was ? I answered: 1 day.
I thought it was weird but at the same time I've realized that I got another chance at life. I cherish every morning when I open my eyes now, I stopped taking life for granted because it's so fragile and precious. I understand now.

Because of this life changing experience, I wanted to share my feelings with you hoping it will encourage you to take care of yourself more than ever before.

Again, thanks a bunch

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Hey Jacob, glad you made it man, la vie has given you a second chance
to make it right and start seeing life in a different way .

Too many people take their health for granted by having bad eating habits and not exercising.

Hoping for a speedy recovery, start enjoying life at it's fullest with your wife and kids.

Take care bud. :thumbsup:
Sponsored