Sponsored

What do you do when you're not playing with your car???

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
My father-in-law does the same thing. He has 40tb of movies on his home server. All of his audio is Flac lossless ass well. He is getting ready to build an even larger server, as he has maxed out what he can do with his current system. He also has a 30x40 theater room that is better than going to the movies in.
So are you going to invite us over to his house or what?
Sponsored

Sarah5.0MG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sarah
Vehicle(s)
2007 Xterra M/T 4x4
Wow, you sound busy!
Yea man, when I get home from work I don't stop moving until 8pm when my daughter goes to bed.. and then there's usually still laundry and dishes to do

But I'd rather acquire more tools and DIY than pay someone else to do it most of the time!

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Yea man, when I get home from work I don't stop moving until 8pm when my daughter goes to bed.. and then there's usually still laundry and dishes to do

But I'd rather acquire more tools and DIY than pay someone else to do it most of the time!
my thoughts exactly. I have the garage to prove it.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Every tool has a job and every job has a tool - Rambl3r

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Nice!

What type of software stuff do you do? Everyone here is doing something with software or hardware.
I come up with the ideas and hire people to develop them... then sell the software. I'm more like a project manager.

I've done hardware as well.... when I working the biz full time I had a networking/telecom (I know phones as well), desktop support, etc. Over the 20 years, I've done all of this off and on, focusing on different things.

Networking was great money, until my business partner had a medical issue that put him out of work for more than 5 years. (Basically) All you need is one person to know the computer "stuff" and one person to know the building (codes, regulations, laws, materials, etc.).

Software is cool since you can develop once and sell for a long time...

Sponsored

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Every tool has a job and every job has a tool - Rambl3r
Also, a place for every tool, and every tool in its place.

I come up with the ideas and hire people to develop them... then sell the software. I'm more like a project manager.

I've done hardware as well.... when I working the biz full time I had a networking/telecom (I know phones as well), desktop support, etc. Over the 20 years, I've done all of this off and on, focusing on different things.

Networking was great money, until my business partner had a medical issue that put him out of work for more than 5 years. (Basically) All you need is one person to know the computer "stuff" and one person to know the building (codes, regulations, laws, materials, etc.).

Software is cool since you can develop once and sell for a long time...
yeah, I like that model.

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Used to be into shooting a ton and everything related to long range shooting. But my job killed off that interest to the point I have shot my own guns maybe 8 times in 10 years.

Woke up one night dreaming of work and knew I needed a new interest. Remembered that before shooting I was into cars. 2 weeks later I had a 95 Cobra. Within 3 years I added an 05 GT and 15 GT.

Still love the cars but not working as much overtime(girlfriend came along) I have slowed down with them.

Now I am building racing drones and flying the shit out of them because it is too cold and shitty to drive anywhere. 2 weeks off in march and I am chasing wild flowers around southern California and flying drones as I haul ass on abandoned roads in the middle of nowhere.

My garage has a drone work station setup for all the electronic gadgets. Also a 130inch projector with 7.2 surround sou d for backing the truck in with an air mattress in the bed to watch movies drive in style with the girlfriend. Or using the Sony VR setup while people watch on the projected screen.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I am a communications tech with a utility company.

When I am not working, I spend some my time now (winter here until April :mad:) looking at mustang parts/mods I think I want.

Over the years I totally ripped out the inside of my house and totally rebuilt every square inch of the interior....Still doing that for a second go around:doh:

I have made wine for years, everything from grapes to must berries you can think of. I crafted beer for a few years as well. But started thinking I was making too much booze....:thumbsup:

I spend a lot of time outside gardening/landscaping. This past summer, I move my driveway and doing that, I had no access to it. So in order to park my car inside I had to hire a boom truck to pick up my garage and turn it for me. The land was 4 feet higher, so I had to pour concrete and put up walls and a floor before moving/turning my garage..:)

I rewire houses from time to time for power, cable, network.....:cool:

My kids are graduating university this spring. The university is about 7 hours drive from home, so I bought a house for them and remodelled it for them before they moved in.....getting ready to sell it again now...:thumbsup:

Just bought a big ass tool box from Home Depot, so I can finally organize my tools. That's gonna be a big job right there. :)

Oh Yeah....one other thing. I watch "The Walking Dead". Looking forward the Rick capturing Negan.....:clap2:

Last edited:

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Working on the car

Sailing the big boat and the little boat.

Racing Sims

Going to races.

Drinking beer

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Used to be into shooting a ton and everything related to long range shooting. But my job killed off that interest to the point I have shot my own guns maybe 8 times in 10 years.

Woke up one night dreaming of work and knew I needed a new interest. Remembered that before shooting I was into cars. 2 weeks later I had a 95 Cobra. Within 3 years I added an 05 GT and 15 GT.

Still love the cars but not working as much overtime(girlfriend came along) I have slowed down with them.

Now I am building racing drones and flying the shit out of them because it is too cold and shitty to drive anywhere. 2 weeks off in march and I am chasing wild flowers around southern California and flying drones as I haul ass on abandoned roads in the middle of nowhere.

My garage has a drone work station setup for all the electronic gadgets. Also a 130inch projector with 7.2 surround sou d for backing the truck in with an air mattress in the bed to watch movies drive in style with the girlfriend. Or using the Sony VR setup while people watch on the projected screen.
please adopt me.

Sponsored

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
My main hobby is bracket racing, and there is always something to do on it, so I spend a lot of time working on that car. Add to the mix my better half has a bracket car as well, I am always working on something. And again, given that we have more cars on the property than some of the local scrap yards, I generally stay overwhelmed on the mechanic'in side of things and spend a lot of time just standing around thinking to myself "where do I start?"
I also like to take pictures and recently bought a decent camera and an assortment of lenses. Maybe one of these days I will be halfway good at it.
I have a decent little collection of firearms, but havent made any noise with them but maybe once in the last 18 months.
We have 7 1/2 acres, and in the summer mow probably at least 2 acres of it. Which also means there is always yard work to be done.

I'm amazed I have time to sleep. LOL

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I am a communications tech with a utility company.

When I am not working, I spend some my time now (winter here until April :mad:) looking at mustang parts/mods I think I want.

Over the years I totally ripped out the inside of my house and totally rebuilt every square inch of the interior....Still doing that for a second go around:doh:

I have made wine for years, everything from grapes to must berries you can think of. I crafted beer for a few years as well. But started thinking I was making too much booze....:thumbsup:

I spend a lot of time outside gardening/landscaping. This past summer, I move my driveway and doing that, I had no access to it. So in order to park my car inside I had to hire a boom truck to pick up my garage and turn it for me. The land was 4 feet higher, so I had to pour concrete and put up walls and a floor before moving/turning my garage..:)

I rewire houses from time to time for power, cable, network.....:cool:

My kids are graduating university this spring. The university is about 7 hours drive from home, so I bought a house for them and remodelled it for them before they moved in.....getting ready to sell it again now...:thumbsup:

Just bought a big ass tool box from Home Depot, so I can finally organize my tools. That's gonna be a big job right there. :)

Oh Yeah....one other thing. I watch "The Walking Dead". Looking forward the Rick capturing Negan.....:clap2:
How on earth do you have time for all of that???

We stopped watching Walking Dead after Negan killed all those guys. It got to bloody with human violence after that. I don't have a huge problem with killing zombies, but for some reason I didn't like that at all. That was it.

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
My main hobby is bracket racing, and there is always something to do on it, so I spend a lot of time working on that car. Add to the mix my better half has a bracket car as well, I am always working on something. And again, given that we have more cars on the property than some of the local scrap yards, I generally stay overwhelmed on the mechanic'in side of things and spend a lot of time just standing around thinking to myself "where do I start?"
I also like to take pictures and recently bought a decent camera and an assortment of lenses. Maybe one of these days I will be halfway good at it.
I have a decent little collection of firearms, but havent made any noise with them but maybe once in the last 18 months.
We have 7 1/2 acres, and in the summer mow probably at least 2 acres of it. Which also means there is always yard work to be done.

I'm amazed I have time to sleep. LOL
Another busy person!

What camera did you get, what lenses?

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
How on earth do you have time for all of that???

We stopped watching Walking Dead after Negan killed all those guys. It got to bloody with human violence after that. I don't have a huge problem with killing zombies, but for some reason I didn't like that at all. That was it.
I don't sleep..... LOL

Most things I do are seasonal, so I don't do all of them all the time. And it sounds like more than it is.

Time management is the key...:headbang:

Yeah, Walking Dead got bloody, but still gotta watch it. Daryl is the main reason I watch it. I like his attitude. When he dies, I will stop

AMC is the only channel I really like. Preacher, Dead, Humans, Badlands..:cool:
Sponsored