Sponsored

First ever cobra jet mustang gt

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Why not run a pump gas tune on trips. That's what I've done.
Sponsored

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Because with the 20% OD damper and 4" pulley, it's still on the ragged edge of being safe.
I have same issue when I didn't change my springs out. I just don't get on it at all. Couldn't you have tuner back down timing and the tune so it's well under that edge.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have same issue when I didn't change my springs out. I just don't get on it at all. Couldn't you have tuner back down timing and the tune so it's well under that edge.
Timing or not, that is a lot of boost pressure for pump gas.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
So Whipple's kit on 93 will go 133-134. With their "tuner" of sorts, you can run ms109 or 100 and run 136-137. You're into that kit for $7k +/-

In order for me to run E-85, I have

1) Upgraded fuel system, which includes new line, regulator, twin pumps, extra wiring, etc.
2) Upgraded Injectors (ID1300's)
3) Tuner + Tune

So I probably have $2k+ to go 2-5 MPH faster....Sure, I could put a built short block in the car and go 150, but stock motor...142-145 is what I've seen.

Also, with my car, cold start is a mf'er.

My car runs great, drives great, I couldn't be happier...but I'm on a leash. I don't have E-85 on every corner. And the E-85 that I can get isn't always 85% ethanol. Do I test every tank? No. Do I test prior to ever pumping at that station before Spring/Summer...YES!

It's more of a PITA than I'd like.

To be completely honest, had I to do it all over again, I'd wait for CPR to release their single turbo kit. Run around on a 7-8 PSI spring on cheap 91 and when I want to hurt feelings, turn up the boost and put E-85 in the tank.

Sure I'd still have the same fuel system and the same "problems" I have with E-85 and the Whipple.

With the 20% OD, I'm 93-only with their largest 4.0" pulley. I haven't looked at a log to see how much difference there is in timing (or lack there of) or what else is done, but I cringe at the thought of WOT with 14-15 PSI and 93 octane.

To me a turbo is the best of both worlds...or go back to a stock diameter damper and run the larger pulley for cheap 91. But I'd do this with Whipple's kit and their Flight Control...Whipple will never support E-85 so that's why I have what I have.
You also wouldnt have added 200+ lbs to the car either. Cpr would be around 100-120lbs depending on turbo picked.

Sponsored

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You also wouldnt have added 200+ lbs to the car either. Cpr would be around 100-120lbs depending on turbo picked.
Yeah, I don't know if I'll do anything with the car or just leave it in storage this year. But when I pull it back out and decide to do something with it, selling the Whipple and getting CPR kit.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Yeah, I don't know if I'll do anything with the car or just leave it in storage this year. But when I pull it back out and decide to do something with it, selling the Whipple and getting CPR kit.
Ill be getting a cpr kit. As much as i like travis at boost works and respect him i dont feel that a t4 flange based header system is appropriate for our engines nor do i like reusing the oe headers. While im being honest here i really like jpc and respect them also but ive never thought 304 is best for a turbo header either and its also t4 but its all people were offering for turbo anything for our car until cpr dropped into the s550 market. Im glad im no longer stuck with only 304 being offered. I was going to use Jpc until dustin joined here. I think if sticking with any 300 grade ss, 321 at a minimum should be being used or inconel 625, but no one is. i think mild steel is a better choice then 321 and cheaper.

I think Jpc and boost works both will be making a nice product but its not for me since i have a better option.

Last edited:

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
OP any updates on idle and drivability?

OP
OP

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
orange 5.0 exhaust and intake
Drives ok having a issue at idle when I Wide open throttle rlly quick .. Have to put the underbody panel back on I am trying to go to the track and test both intakes

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just bought this set up. Any tips for install? Where did you mount the cooler pump?

Sponsored
OP
OP

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need the Watson tank and relocate ur battery

OP
OP

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So ford racing contacted me today and I got this info from them and they are sending me this
image.jpg

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet. Please report results. I start tuning mine tomorrow. Are you having any other issues?

OP
OP

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No just ur MAF frequency will be all over the place

OP
OP

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ever since I got the bright idea of using this intake it's been a Pain in the ass so maybe I will have some luck someone's got to be the Guinea pig
Sponsored