First ever cobra jet mustang gt

OP
OP

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
orange 5.0 exhaust and intake
Kit doesn't come with a shut off from Watson I Bleave that's only for qualified bracket racing haven't got that serious yet .. Kit comes with a fuse on the battery box if anything comes into contact with the positive cable it blows and breaks the connection
Sponsored

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Kit doesn't come with a shut off from Watson I Bleave that's only for qualified bracket racing haven't got that serious yet .. Kit comes with a fuse on the battery box if anything comes into contact with the positive cable it blows and breaks the connection
Any NHRA track would require it. I'd love to do it, but not too keen on drilling a whole in the bumper/deck lid.

OP
OP

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I feel you on that I wouldnt

OP
OP

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You still on pump gas

Sponsored

OP
OP

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O shit one day one day lol shooting for next year not far away

OP
OP

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why please explain

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Why please explain
So Whipple's kit on 93 will go 133-134. With their "tuner" of sorts, you can run ms109 or 100 and run 136-137. You're into that kit for $7k +/-

In order for me to run E-85, I have

1) Upgraded fuel system, which includes new line, regulator, twin pumps, extra wiring, etc.
2) Upgraded Injectors (ID1300's)
3) Tuner + Tune

So I probably have $2k+ to go 2-5 MPH faster....Sure, I could put a built short block in the car and go 150, but stock motor...142-145 is what I've seen.

Also, with my car, cold start is a mf'er.

My car runs great, drives great, I couldn't be happier...but I'm on a leash. I don't have E-85 on every corner. And the E-85 that I can get isn't always 85% ethanol. Do I test every tank? No. Do I test prior to ever pumping at that station before Spring/Summer...YES!

It's more of a PITA than I'd like.

To be completely honest, had I to do it all over again, I'd wait for CPR to release their single turbo kit. Run around on a 7-8 PSI spring on cheap 91 and when I want to hurt feelings, turn up the boost and put E-85 in the tank.

Sure I'd still have the same fuel system and the same "problems" I have with E-85 and the Whipple.

With the 20% OD, I'm 93-only with their largest 4.0" pulley. I haven't looked at a log to see how much difference there is in timing (or lack there of) or what else is done, but I cringe at the thought of WOT with 14-15 PSI and 93 octane.

To me a turbo is the best of both worlds...or go back to a stock diameter damper and run the larger pulley for cheap 91. But I'd do this with Whipple's kit and their Flight Control...Whipple will never support E-85 so that's why I have what I have.

OP
OP

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what ur saying is just go race gas I'm on 93 trying to decide what route

Sponsored

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So what ur saying is just go race gas �� I'm on 93 trying to decide what route

Depends on what you want to do with the car. If you have quality E-85 near you and it's not a problem. DO IT! I mean $1.89 for E-85 is better than $11/gal or higher race gas.

If you don't want to go more than 200 miles or can't w/o an E-85 station, I'm less inclined, unless it's a car that you drive/trailer to/from the track and not interested in those long road trips.

My car as-is could not go far from home and I've driven it CA to CO a couple of times. I had a friend who wanted to run out of town for the weekend and she asked if we could take the Mustang...and in my mind was "where are all the E-85 stations?". That's the part that sucks.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Previously I had a 3 valve on E85 and didn't matter how many tune revisions were done, it would never cold start so I finally gave up and used to just give it a couple of sprays with starting fluid in the air filter fired up on the first hit of the key every time even in 40 deg weather problem solved lol.

OP
OP

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to drive places with the girl there is 1 e85 station by my house and that's all we are very limited right now

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
So Whipple's kit on 93 will go 133-134. With their "tuner" of sorts, you can run ms109 or 100 and run 136-137. You're into that kit for $7k +/-

In order for me to run E-85, I have

1) Upgraded fuel system, which includes new line, regulator, twin pumps, extra wiring, etc.
2) Upgraded Injectors (ID1300's)
3) Tuner + Tune

So I probably have $2k+ to go 2-5 MPH faster....Sure, I could put a built short block in the car and go 150, but stock motor...142-145 is what I've seen.

Also, with my car, cold start is a mf'er.

My car runs great, drives great, I couldn't be happier...but I'm on a leash. I don't have E-85 on every corner. And the E-85 that I can get isn't always 85% ethanol. Do I test every tank? No. Do I test prior to ever pumping at that station before Spring/Summer...YES!

It's more of a PITA than I'd like.

To be completely honest, had I to do it all over again, I'd wait for CPR to release their single turbo kit. Run around on a 7-8 PSI spring on cheap 91 and when I want to hurt feelings, turn up the boost and put E-85 in the tank.

Sure I'd still have the same fuel system and the same "problems" I have with E-85 and the Whipple.

With the 20% OD, I'm 93-only with their largest 4.0" pulley. I haven't looked at a log to see how much difference there is in timing (or lack there of) or what else is done, but I cringe at the thought of WOT with 14-15 PSI and 93 octane.

To me a turbo is the best of both worlds...or go back to a stock diameter damper and run the larger pulley for cheap 91. But I'd do this with Whipple's kit and their Flight Control...Whipple will never support E-85 so that's why I have what I have.
I believe that would put you at a 3.5 pulley, which is not recommended for 93.

3.75 - 91
3.625 - 93
3.5 and below - race gas