car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I opened up the box for the lug nuts that came with my spare from Tempe Tyres today, and it had a plastic, silver ring in it too. Does anyone know what the ring is for?
Left ear :lol::lol::lol:
Sponsored

69Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
Hi all, I have joined the ranks of the Tempe spare wheel owners. I tried it with the OEM spare wheel cover and it was sitting fairly proud of the rest of the boot. Are you guys just running without that cover and just the carpet over the top?

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Is the jacking kit available new or do we have to get it from a wrecker?
I got mine off a wrecker on Ebay. Was $100 but although a bit more than people are quoting it was like new and inclusive of the foam holding unit.

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2003 WRX, 2013 Forester XT
Hi all, I have joined the ranks of the Tempe spare wheel owners. I tried it with the OEM spare wheel cover and it was sitting fairly proud of the rest of the boot. Are you guys just running without that cover and just the carpet over the top?
Some of the members here have sourced boot liners to replace the oem cover as it sits proud. My dealership offers a rubber type one for a few hundred dollars. You'll still get a slight bulge in the middle from the wheel ofc.
trm38_1.853.jpg

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
I opened the full spare/jack purchased from my dealer today, it looks very much the same as supplied by Tempe Tyres.
Put it in the boot on top of the supplied foam - it sits about an inch proud.
The tyre is on the well floor so I'm guessing that removing the padding on the underside of the floor cover is the only way to bring it down?
There weren't any wheel nuts with the wheel - is it correct that the thread size is the same but the nut is 19mm vs stock wheel nut at 21mm?

Cheers

J

Sponsored

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I opened the full spare/jack purchased from my dealer today, it looks very much the same as supplied by Tempe Tyres.
The tyre is on the well floor so I'm guessing that removing the padding on the underside of the floor cover is the only way to bring it down?
There weren't any wheel nuts with the wheel - is it correct that the thread size is the same but the nut is 19mm vs stock wheel nut at 21mm?

Cheers

J
I didn't realize that dealers were selling spares for GTs.

OP
OP
PG68

PG68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Fastback 6speed

Cheers

J
I purchased some of those foam click together floor mats from the local hardware store. After putting the spare in the wheel well, I then cut a number of mats using a Stanley knife to fit around the boot area. I even cut some to shape around the spare wheel. Afterwards I then put the spare wheel cover over these mats. The mats make up the difference in height so the spare wheel cover that has the carpet on the other side does not warp or bend as the foam mat thickness makes up the difference in height. Afterwards I put my rubber boot liner in position, dead flat, perfect.
EVA-mat.jpg

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
I purchased some of those foam click together floor mats from the local hardware store. After putting the spare in the wheel well, I then cut a number of mats using a Stanley knife to fit around the boot area. I even cut some to shape around the spare wheel. Afterwards I then put the spare wheel cover over these mats. The mats make up the difference in height so the spare wheel cover that has the carpet on the other side does not warp or bend as the foam mat thickness makes up the difference in height. Afterwards I put my rubber boot liner in position, dead flat, perfect.
EVA-mat.jpg
Ok - so you did the opposite by building up around the spare instead.
Good thinking - off to bunnings!

Cheers

J

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I didn't realize that dealers were selling spares for GTs.
Neither did I, I thought the one that was available in the US didn't fit our brake package. [MENTION=22201]RubyVert[/MENTION] are you saying you bought an actual spare wheel and jack kit from the dealer or just the jack kit?

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
Neither did I, I thought the one that was available in the US didn't fit our brake package. [MENTION=22201]RubyVert[/MENTION] are you saying you bought an actual spare wheel and jack kit from the dealer or just the jack kit?
Yes - He called it a spare wheel kit, the wheel plus the jack and jack surround foam.

It's the black 5 spoke simmonds wheel that Tempe are supplying I think, possibly the dealer is buying them from Tempe to supply to customers direct.

Sponsored

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
I took the same approach and raised the boot floor with the foam tiles, I got mine from Clark Rubber.

How much are dealers charging for the spare kit?

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
I'm only saying my dealer is doing it - not sure if any others do.

Not sure about the cost - haven't got my final invoice yet :eyebulge:

Cheers

J

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
^^^^ No worries. Thanks for the heads up. If my guy can't do one looks like a road trip is in order.

Cheers
Sponsored